Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Comic Con

Started by keeper, April 11, 2016, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Annie"He could have at least given you the comics! I knew a neighbor when I was growing up who would make her son burn his comic books. I felt so bad for him  ac_crying And they weren't religious at all.

My dad would have cried if someone burnt one of his Playboys.

Maybe I snagged some of them at this garage sale.

Some women was selling of her husband's old Playboy Magazines for about $5 each. So I bought a bunch.

The ones from around 1960 to 1975 were their best issues, still worth reading, masterpieces in graphic design.

The ones from the 1950s are more valuable, but their content is somewhat stale.

The fifties were defintely a different era which reflected a different mindset which got swept away in the sixties.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Annie"He could have at least given you the comics! I knew a neighbor when I was growing up who would make her son burn his comic books. I felt so bad for him  ac_crying And they weren't religious at all.

Some women was selling of her husband's old Playboy Magazines for about $5 each. So I bought a bunch.

The ones from around 1960 to 1975 were their best issues, still worth reading, masterpieces in graphic design.

The fifties were defintely a different era which reflected a different mindset which got swept away in the sixties.

I remember them and I cannot say I liked the design of the early seventies issues the old man had compared to modern ones.

Anonymous

Isn't Playboy trying to change their entire image?

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"

They want to appeal to a broader audience and realize that it's easy enough to find nude pictures on the Internet, so they announced they would be ditching the centerfolds and concentrating on the articles.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

They want to appeal to a broader audience and realize that it's easy enough to find nude pictures on the Internet, so they announced they would be ditching the centerfolds and concentrating on the articles.

So no more nudity shin?

Anonymous

That's true, they have to adapt if they are to survive.

shin

So no more nudity shin?

Correct! As of last month, no more nudes in Playboy.

shin

Quote from: "seoulbro"

On some level, it's a bold move... but I think we currently live in a world where unpopular desires also have a significant market. I don't know how well the first Playboy without nudity was received, but I think they might have gotten a more warm greeting if they tried to do something completely different. I think we have enough magazines focused on pop culture already.

What do you think, bro?

Anonymous

On some level, it's a bold move... but I think we currently live in a world where unpopular desires also have a significant market. I don't know how well the first Playboy without nudity was received, but I think they might have gotten a more warm greeting if they tried to do something completely different. I think we have enough magazines focused on pop culture already.

What do you think, bro?

I think PB had no choice, but to change. In fact, I am surprised it did not happen several years ago. It's not like it is the only way  to get nude photos of stunningly beautiful women. You are right though, that the pop culture mag market is saturated.

What does the future hold for PB in my opinion? Unless they reinvent themselves in a savvy way, I think their readership will decline.

Anonymous

What do you think, bro?

I think PB had no choice, but to change. In fact, I am surprised it did not happen several years ago. It's not like it is the only way  to get nude photos of stunningly beautiful women. You are right though, that the pop culture mag market is saturated.

What does the future hold for PB in my opinion? Unless they reinvent themselves in a savvy way, I think their readership will decline.

I do not know one guy who buys Playboy magazine.

shin

What do you think, bro?

I do not know one guy who buys Playboy magazine.

Outside of individual issues featuring someone of particular interest, neither do I.

It really hasn't been collectible as far as a smut publication for decades. I don't think anyone was saving them for the articles anymore.

Anonymous