Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

Woman suing Starbucks, after discovering Ice in her Iced Coffee

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2016, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"[size=200]Though you can never please everybody, we are being conditioned to be greedier than generations of the past.[/size]

Exactamente.

RW

Really?  Is consumers are being greedier?  Everywhere you go now things cost more for less.  Everything has gone up in price in the name of profit.  Starbucks makes boat loads of cash and still has to fill its cups full of ice to fuck over consumers.

WE aren't the greedy ones.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I'd never suppose that greed is the exclusive failing of consumers OR producers.

This seems as good a place as any to quote John Ruskin.

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

Anonymous

Abe Lincoln-"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

RW

Quote from: "Herman"Abe Lincoln-"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Translation: We can complain that huge profitable corps rip us off constantly or we can STFU and take it in the ass like a good little consumer.

ac_sothere
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"Abe Lincoln-"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Translation: We can complain that huge profitable corps rip us off constantly or we can STFU and take it in the ass like a good little consumer.

ac_sothere

"Take it in the ass" ac_umm

In this case there is no need to "take it in the ass"........ And for whatever reason, you are choosing to ignore that fact, even after it has been explained to you several times.

Sorry but this discussion has lived well beyond what should have been its natural lifespan. Time to put it to bed and accept that you are wrong....   :001_tongue:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

ac_sothere

In this case there is no need to "take it in the ass"........ And for whatever reason, you are choosing to ignore that fact, even after it has been explained to you several times.

Sorry but this discussion has lived well beyond what should have been its natural lifespan. Time to put it to bed and accept that you are wrong....   :001_tongue:

I totally agree with you Renee..

It has been explained several times..

The only people that really seem to be "taking it is" the taxpayer..

And yes it is time to put this to bed.

Anonymous

ac_sothere

Amen

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Thanks for the shut down.

Sorry but someone had to say it.

There are literally hundreds of worthy consumer protection causes to champion......this was not one of them. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blurt

Five pages "on the rocks."

Y'all need to have yourselves a cup of chamomile tea.

A simple experiment: buy a Starbucks iced coffee in a 16 oz cup, let the ice further chill the coffee for a minute or so, ask for an empty 16 oz cup, pour the liquid contents of your iced coffee into the second cup, measure the contents, and then ask yourself if the head honchos at Starbucks really believe they can get away with charging $5 for what you're left with.

Or, you could go to the pub three doors down and have a pint of Espresso Stout for a dollar more.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Thanks for the shut down.

Sorry but someone had to say it.

There are literally hundreds of worthy consumer protection causes to champion......this was not one of them. :laugh3:

It sure isn't..

It's what I heard referred to as a first world problem..

The radio station I listen to on my commute to work has many like this.

priscilla1961

My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

shin

One last thing before we set this one to bed...

Starbucks has (or had, not sure after people started doing what you'll see below) a rewards program where you could get a free drink after buying so many other drinks. On their gold level, I assumed they had a stipulation that you could have any kind of drink you wanted that would fit in a cup.

2 years ago, someone ordered a drink with 60 espresso shots, and idn't have to pay for it.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1822381/thumbs/o-BIG-DRINK-570.jpg?6">

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1822384/thumbs/o-RECIPT-DRINK-570.jpg?6">

The year before, someone ordered a 40 shot drink.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/28/biggest-starbucks-drink_n_5406309.html">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/2 ... 06309.html">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/28/biggest-starbucks-drink_n_5406309.html

The reason I came back to post this was because of a small debate that started in this thread about greedy comsumers vs. greedy corporations. Sure, all businesses are out to make money, but I think not all of them are as greedy as the worst of them... cough cough Comcast... cough cough.