Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Every bar needs one.....

Started by kiebers, May 10, 2016, 02:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have heard some strange voting reasons, both for and against. But the weight of a candidate is especially dumb.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I have heard some strange voting reasons, both for and against. But the weight of a candidate is especially dumb.

Do you think Trudeau"s looks helped or hurt him last October?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "Herman"I have heard some strange voting reasons, both for and against. But the weight of a candidate is especially dumb.

Do you think Trudeau"s looks helped or hurt him last October?

It helped him..

Welcome aboard Velvet.

ac_smile

JOE

America is mighty hard on crime, kiebers.

That sorta thing might net a guy 4 or 5 years tops in Canada (released early on good behavior).

And if the judge was gay, he'd probably give that guy in the video community service & invites up to his penthouse.

Quote from: "kiebers"
">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAFpkKL6c6w

Renee

Quote from: "JOE"America is mighty hard on crime, kiebers.

That sorta thing might net a guy 4 or 5 years tops in Canada (released early on good behavior).

And if the judge was gay, he'd probably give that guy in the video community service & invites up to his penthouse.

Once again we find Joe showing off his unhealthy facination for gays and the penal system. :nea:  

This leads me to believe that it's not a good idea to bend over around cab driver Joe. You might "git" rear-ended.  :shock:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

ac_dunno

kiebers

You know J0E, this one is just not worth the effort. SMH....

....oh well

">
[/img]
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

JOE

....oh well

">
[/img]

...well kahbuzz, here's a link about drunk driving sentences in Canada.

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/mobile/is-3-and-a-half-years-for-a-life-fair-drunk-driver-urges-stiffer-sentences-1.2857039">http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/mobile/is-3- ... -1.2857039">http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/mobile/is-3-and-a-half-years-for-a-life-fair-drunk-driver-urges-stiffer-sentences-1.2857039

Even some of those sentenced thought they got off too light. Many in Canada will get between 3 and 5 years. Didn't that video say the driver in Florida got 14? Believe me, the US is much tougher on crime and believes in stiffer setences, including drunk driving.

kiebers

....oh well
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

JOE

Quote from: "kiebers"You know J0E, this one is just not worth the effort. SMH....

....oh well

Yeah, but that's why if given a choice to be sentenced in the US or Canada, most convicts would choose the latter. Canada is a slap on the wrist compared with the US. Y'know, I know someone who spent 5 years in a Texas prison where you live, K. I sure wouldn't wanna be him. The years in one of your state prisons had taken their toll on the poor guy. But that's what its like in America, which has the largest prison population in the world. And stiff sentences. I know that Texas is one of the most severe. Florida is pretty harsh too.

Anyways, the guy in that video would've gotten less time in Canada. Maybe 5 years or less with good behavior? Certainly not 14 years as he did in the video.

Renee

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "kiebers"You know J0E, this one is just not worth the effort. SMH....

....oh well

Yeah, but that's why if given a choice to be sentenced in the US or Canada, most convicts would choose the latter. Canada is a slap on the wrist compared with the US. Y'know, I know someone who spent 5 years in a Texas prison where you live, K. I sure wouldn't wanna be him. The years in one of your state prisons had taken their toll on the poor guy. But that's what its like in America, which has the largest prison population in the world. And stiff sentences. I know that Texas is one of the most severe. Florida is pretty harsh too.

Anyways, the guy in that video would've gotten less time in Canada. Maybe 5 years or less with good behavior? Certainly not 14 years as he did in the video.

So you are saying that life is cheap in Canada? Or are you just bullshiting again in the hopes of setting up one of your speculative prison sex fantasies? :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

....oh well

ac_dunno

JOE

Quote from: "Renee"So you are saying that life is cheap in Canada?

Actually Renn, I think with respect to the POV of law enforcement, that's somewhat true in both the US and Canada.

It seems the law enforcement are more concerned with creating more criminals like the young man in the video rather than PREVENTING DUIs and fatalities. The way they see it, it creates more business for the justice system and gives them jobs.

Instead of nailing people when they get into their cars, why not do it BEFORE they even have a chance to?

Put the police in the parking lot where the patron has a chance to blow into the brethylyzer before they get into the car. And if they're over the limit, they get their car towed and they are fined for the towing costs AND the impoundment. The patron gets stuck with a fine, but no criminal record. Meanwhile, they city or government gets revenues from the impounded cars and a portion of this goes towards funding the police force. I think this is a win-win situation for the potentially drunk driver, the police and the government. But do police and government think of innovative ways like these to prevent fatailities? No. Their main focus seems to be nailing people and criminalizing them.

Anyways, I saw this scenario played out on Granville Island, a tourist spot nearby where I live. The police set up these roadblocks to catch suspected drinking drivers. But it held up traffic for hours and many of us didn't get home til midnight because we couldn't get off the Island. Now, wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to implement the solution like the above? It would've allowed us all to go home on time, and nab the suspected drunks when they got out of the bars so their cars could be impounded, fines levied and instant revenues back into government coffers? Put the 'roadblocks' outside iof the bars instead of on the street. Seems a lot more efficient way to catch drunks and to prevent fatalities due to them on the road.

Renee

JOE, you talk too much.  Everything you post is like an essay.

You make me look brief and that's saying something.

BTW, where's those fucking drawings you promised 5 months ago. Stop running your yap and get to scribbling your crap.

kiebers

....oh well

:oeudC:  :dash1:

Thank you for educating me about my criminal justice system. Canadians are lucky they get time off for good behavior. The way you are talking the US obviously makes criminals serve the full time given. No time off for good behavior. And your friend that served time in Texas...tough shit. He did the crime and did the time, or did he get time off for good behavior? Oh wait...you are implying that doesn't happen here...my bad.

Where is that sarcasm font when you need it????

Now you want to put police in all the bar parking lots....hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  

Who has the resources to pay for that. Trust me, there will not be enough revenue generated to pay for that. Not to mention the amount of people that will be in jail from that. Crowd that justice system up, eh J0E...overload an already overloaded system, eh J0E.  

Hey I know....put a breathalyzer in all the vehicles instead. Create jobs and make the streets safer.

And not everyone gets drunk at a bar, some get drunk and drive from company functions, home and other places as well.

Knock Knock

Print
User actions