Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

WOWZERS - Canadian Teen Discovers Lost Maya City Using Ancient Star Maps

Started by cc, May 10, 2016, 03:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"A BS in European History. Were you planning to be a teacher? WTF else would you use that type of degree for?

That was the plan.  But I discovered that I can't stand other people's kids.  :laugh3:

I also can't deal with the sense of entitlement, stupidity and the endless political propaganda that comes along with being a member of the teachers union.

To be honest I went to college to play ball. The degree was just a perk that came along with the privilege. :laugh3:

Softball?

Yes.......NCSA athletic scholarship.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"A BS in European History. Were you planning to be a teacher? WTF else would you use that type of degree for?

That was the plan.  But I discovered that I can't stand other people's kids.  :laugh3:

I also can't deal with the sense of entitlement, stupidity and the endless political propaganda that comes along with being a member of the teachers union.

To be honest I went to college to play ball. The degree was just a perk that came along with the privilege. :laugh3:

Softball?

Very nice. It's an honor, and I bet it made Mom and Dad happy for a bunch of reasons. I would say it cost over $100,000 to send my daughter to school.

Anonymous

Softball?

Very nice. It's an honor, and I bet it made Mom and Dad happy for a bunch of reasons. I would say it cost over $100,000 to send my daughter to school.

We have been putting money into RESP's since my daughter was born..

But, still they have to go to school in Calgary.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Softball?

We have been putting money into RESP's since my daughter was born..

But, still they have to go to school in Calgary.

Fash clearly it's very expensive now. It is the best investment anyone could make though.

Anonymous

It is expensive and the biggest expense is living away from home..

We will pay all expenses for our children if they live at home and go to school in Calgary.

Renee

Softball?

Believe me, I do feel very honored to have received the kind of recognition and opportunities I been given.

Also I know full well the cost of tuition. I have one in college now and another one that has been accepted and will be going in September. AND I have another one that will hopefully be going somewhere in 2 years.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Twenty Dollars

My son chose not to go. He's 4 years younger. He wanted to work with his hands. He learned a trade and eventually into a subcontracting business. He is doing very well. Daughter became interested in politics and is a registered Lobbiest in Ca. It sometimes baffles me the way they turned out. I don't believe I at all times, was the ideal parent. Still harbor guilt.

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"My son chose not to go. He's 4 years younger. He wanted to work with his hands. He learned a trade and eventually into a subcontracting business. He is doing very well. Daughter became interested in politics and is a registered Lobbiest in Ca. It sometimes baffles me the way they turned out. I don't believe I at all times, was the ideal parent. Still harbor guilt.

What parent doesn't carry some guilt? If you take an active roll you're always going to second guess yourself somewhere and odds are there's going to be situations that you know you could've handled better. You just hope you don't fuck up too badly.

So we live with some guilt.....it's part of our job.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"My son chose not to go. He's 4 years younger. He wanted to work with his hands. He learned a trade and eventually into a subcontracting business. He is doing very well. Daughter became interested in politics and is a registered Lobbiest in Ca. It sometimes baffles me the way they turned out. I don't believe I at all times, was the ideal parent. Still harbor guilt.

What parent doesn't carry some guilt? If you take an active roll you're always going to second guess yourself somewhere and odds are there's going to be situations that you know you could've handled better. You just hope you don't fuck up too badly.

So we live with some guilt.....it's part of our job.

Tell me about it Renee. I divorced when my boy was young and I was a monthly maintenance payment that came in from every corner of the globe. He is twenty five now and still has not grown up, but he will be coming up to the farm this weekend and I will probably give in when he asks me for stuff. The guilt is still there.

Twenty Dollars

When I got divorced son was a senior in HS, daughter away at school. When we told then what was about to happen, it freaked them out. Wife moved to Sacremento. My son became a home body. Didnt want to leave the house. Daughter didn't want to come home. Was really a weird time. Divorces are expensive. Both she and I put the peddle down as not to include a bankruptcy during this life change. I believe my son moved ahead, and got over it. Daughter still struggles with it, I think if we could go back, don't think there was much else that could have been different. It sort of took on a life of its own.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"When I got divorced son was a senior in HS, daughter away at school. When we told then what was about to happen, it freaked them out. Wife moved to Sacremento. My son became a home body. Didnt want to leave the house. Daughter didn't want to come home. Was really a weird time. Divorces are expensive. Both she and I put the peddle down as not to include a bankruptcy during this life change. I believe my son moved ahead, and got over it. Daughter still struggles with it, I think if we could go back, don't think there was much else that could have been different. It sort of took on a life of its own.

We have divorced people and their children in our church..

Divorce has consequences, though there are circumstances where divorce is necessary.

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"When I got divorced son was a senior in HS, daughter away at school. When we told then what was about to happen, it freaked them out. Wife moved to Sacremento. My son became a home body. Didnt want to leave the house. Daughter didn't want to come home. Was really a weird time. Divorces are expensive. Both she and I put the peddle down as not to include a bankruptcy during this life change. I believe my son moved ahead, and got over it. Daughter still struggles with it, I think if we could go back, don't think there was much else that could have been different. It sort of took on a life of its own.

That's what divorces do.....and everyone involved handles them differently.

All you can do as a parent going through a divorce is do your best to keep the anger and the acrimonious bullshit to a minimum. For kids, a martial split is the destruction of the world that they view as their safety and security. As a responsible parent, you need to reassure them that the security they enjoy isn't going to end; it's just going to change and take on a new chapter in their lives.

Unfortunately getting them to understand and believe, is usually easier said than done.

Anonymous

My divorce was not that acrimonious. We had so much in common. She is a female version of myself. She is a redneck woman. I knocked her up and married her. There was never any chemistry. My new wife is the opposite of me in nearly every way, but we connect.

My divorce did not ruin me financially. She had to pay me out for the house and I had to make monthly maintenance payments. We agreed to everything. Parastical lawyers did not get rich off of us.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"My divorce was not that acrimonious. We had so much in common. She is a female version of myself. She is a redneck woman. I knocked her up and married her. There was never any chemistry. My new wife is the opposite of me in nearly every way, but we connect.

My divorce did not ruin me financially. She had to pay me out for the house and I had to make monthly maintenance payments. We agreed to everything. Parastical lawyers did not get rich off of us.

ac_umm Please tell me you didn't meet her at a family reunion.  :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"My divorce was not that acrimonious. We had so much in common. She is a female version of myself. She is a redneck woman. I knocked her up and married her. There was never any chemistry. My new wife is the opposite of me in nearly every way, but we connect.

ac_umm Please tell me you didn't meet her at a family reunion.  :laugh3:

ac_toofunny