News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

The Ultimate Act of Social Media Attention Whoring.

Started by Renee, May 12, 2016, 09:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"The opened can of worms that will never be closed up.....

:thumbup:

Renee

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"It kind of reminds me of Bestgore and the Jun Lin murder.

I'm not familiar with said murders but this was a suicide.

Jun Lin was sliced and diced by Luka Magnotta and his remains were stuffed in a suitcase and left by the driveway.

Now, now, let's get it right.....only the torso was in the suitcase.....limbs were mailed to various elementary schools and the head was found in a park.

Quote from: "Blurt"I've had to go to Magnotta's building a number of times but I never noticed the suitcase over the few days it was out there.

Magnotta posted cat-killing vids on Bestgore.

I think that was Mel. ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"It kind of reminds me of Bestgore and the Jun Lin murder.

Jun Lin was sliced and diced by Luka Magnotta and his remains were stuffed in a suitcase and left by the driveway.

Now, now, let's get it right.....only the torso was in the suitcase.....limbs were mailed to various elementary schools and the head was found in a park.

:beurk:

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"

:beurk:

Oh and let's not mention the part the dog ate. :ohmy:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

I'm still not seeing a reason why Periscope should be sued...
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I've had to go to Magnotta's building a number of times but I never noticed the suitcase over the few days it was out there.

Magnotta posted cat-killing vids on Bestgore.

Okay...

What does this have to do with an app/site being legally responsible for what disturbed people do?

Like I said, I believe the owner was investigated even before that for obscenity violations. I don't know what the laws are in France though.

I could see that site always being on the police radar. I think eater bunny's post in this thread was the best.

RW

Quote from: "easter bunny"The people who post and facilitate that stuff are of no use to anyone. They need to be humanely put down.

Facilitate what?  Social interactions via the internet?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm still not seeing a reason why Periscope should be sued...

Not for this streamed event, IMHO.

However, Periscope is sort of what is called an Attractive Nuisance in that there are insufficient controls over the streaming of copyrighted materials by unauthorized users.  This is only gonna get worse, and probably nothing short of lawsuits or criminal process will be able to address it.

RW

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "RW"I'm still not seeing a reason why Periscope should be sued...

Not for this streamed event, IMHO.

However, Periscope is sort of what is called an Attractive Nuisance in that there are insufficient controls over the streaming of copyrighted materials by unauthorized users.  This is only gonna get worse, and probably nothing short of lawsuits or criminal process will be able to address it.

That's actually how they avoid prosecution - by not moderating content.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "easter bunny"The people who post and facilitate that stuff are of no use to anyone. They need to be humanely put down.

Yeah, throw them in front of a moving train. ac_biggrin

RW

So if a company connects humans to other humans via video, they're pieces of shit but if a company wants to rip you off with a cup full of ice, that's just business as usual?

Make up your damn minds!
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Yes. That includes administrators of forums.  :001_rolleyes:

I'm talking about the likes of Bestgore. The people who run those sites should be fed to some hungry sharks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"

Yes. That includes administrators of forums.  :001_rolleyes:

I'm talking about the likes of Bestgore. The people who run those sites should be fed to some hungry sharks.

I could only imagine the type of sickos that regularly look at that site.