Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Exclusive: U.S. plans new wave of immigrant deportation raids

Started by JOE, May 12, 2016, 09:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"Common sense stuff. I was going to buy property abroad, but I decided to farm in Saskatchewan instead. Snakes were not the reason I decided to stay home. Though I think JOE is a little wuss and scared of his own shadow.

Gotta confess, I don't like snakes, lizards, crocodiles, alligators or other reptiles much. They're hideous. Nothing I'd like to keep around the house.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Herman"Common sense stuff. I was going to buy property abroad, but I decided to farm in Saskatchewan instead. Snakes were not the reason I decided to stay home. Though I think JOE is a little wuss and scared of his own shadow.

Gotta confess, I don't like snakes, lizards, crocodiles, alligators or other reptiles much. They're hideous. Nothing I'd like to keep around the house.

I am not crazy about any of them either. But, I will not wimp out of going abroad because of them.

Renee

I don't mind reptiles as long as I see them first. It's the ones that sneak up on you that freak me out, like the little garter and black snakes that used to like to swim in our pool. They would always find me. :ohmy:

My sister has a ball python that she has had since she was 17. When she was younger she was very heavily into goth shit and the snake just came along as part of the lifestyle, I guess. It's quite tame and has never bitten anyone to my knowledge. She feeds it live mice and me being an animal lover, I find it horrifying. Recently I think she has passed most of the care of the damn thing on to my oldest nephew. I done think she ever expected it to live this long. :laugh3:

What I cant stand are insects. Especially things like centipides and large spiders and big crickets. Just the thought of them, makes my skin crawl.  :yuk:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Twenty Dollars

What about Scorpians? Little bastards can sting the shit outta ya.

kiebers

Knocking on wood....Have not been hit with a scorpion yet. They are little bastards. Parents moved to the hill country north of San Antonio. Constantly seeing them. Dad got nailed a few times. Wife and I were visiting, got in bed and looked at the ceiling and there one was right above the bed. Killed the little bastard, did a thorough room inspection and still didn't want to turn the light off...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Twenty Dollars

The sting is just like an electric shock. The last one I got on my finger, made my lips numb.

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"What about Scorpians? Little bastards can sting the shit outta ya.

We don't have scorpions here and I don't want any either. We don't have African bees or fire ants either. Don't want any of those either.

What we have is an overabundance of are those God Damn Asian stink bugs. They don't bite and they are small but when you swat them, they smell almost like dry cleaning fluid. They leave small brown stains on anything they squirt their fluid on.

They also fly but they're shitty at it. Last summer one flew down my shirt while I was cutting the lawn. I bailed off the ride-on while it was still running and practically ripped my shirt off in the middle of the front yard. Scared the neighbors so bad they almost moved. :laugh3:

In the fall they swarm on any light colored surface like the side of your house and find ways to get under the siding and into the eves. I also found out that the cold doesn't kill them. They just go into a form of semi-hibernation. So that way you can enjoy them all year long. :mad:

Sneaky little Asian bastards.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I don't mind reptiles as long as I see them first. It's the ones that sneak up on you that freak me out, like the little garter and black snakes that used to like to swim in our pool. They would always find me. :ohmy:

My sister has a ball python that she has had since she was 17. When she was younger she was very heavily into goth shit and the snake just came along as part of the lifestyle, I guess. It's quite tame and has never bitten anyone to my knowledge. She feeds it live mice and me being an animal lover, I find it horrifying. Recently I think she has passed most of the care of the damn thing on to my oldest nephew. I done think she ever expected it to live this long. :laugh3:

What I cant stand are insects. Especially things like centipides and large spiders and big crickets. Just the thought of them, makes my skin crawl.  :yuk:

We don't have any poisonous insects and insects where I live.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"What about Scorpians? Little bastards can sting the shit outta ya.

We don't have scorpions here and I don't want any either. We don't have African bees or fire ants either. Don't want any of those either.

What we have is an overabundance of are those God Damn Asian stink bugs. They don't bite and they are small but when you swat them, they smell almost like dry cleaning fluid. They leave small brown stains on anything they squirt their fluid on.

They also fly but they're shitty at it. Last summer one flew down my shirt while I was cutting the lawn. I bailed off the ride-on while it was still running and practically ripped my shirt off in the middle of the front yard. Scared the neighbors so bad they almost moved. :laugh3:

In the fall they swarm on any light colored surface like the side of your house and find ways to get under the siding and into the eves. I also found out that the cold doesn't kill them. They just go into a form of semi-hibernation. So that way you can enjoy them all year long. :mad:

Sneaky little Asian bastards.

ac_umm

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"

I am not crazy about any of them either. But, I will not wimp out of going abroad because of them.

Heck Herman, I don't even venture out in the Canadian Wilderness anymore. I had an incident with a Wild animal while working up North which nearly cost me my life.  So now I have this eerie feeling that someone's looking over my shoulder, tapping on it, and saying to me, "You've used up your nine lives, Pal. This one's on me. But the next time, y'aint gonna be so lucky."  I've often felt I should've died that time & sometimes I wonder if I belong here. Hopefully I can stay alive for a while, enjoy life, the Natural Beauty of this earth in some place - safe, ifya know what I mean, eh?

Anonymous

Heck Herman, I don't even venture out in the Canadian Wilderness anymore. I had an incident with a Wild animal while working up North which nearly cost me my life.  So now I have this eerie feeling that someone's looking over my shoulder, tapping on it, and saying to me, "You've used up your nine lives, Pal. This one's on me. But the next time, y'aint gonna be so lucky."  I've often felt I should've died that time & sometimes I wonder if I belong here. Hopefully I can stay alive for a while, enjoy life, the Natural Beauty of this earth in some place - safe, ifya know what I mean, eh?

Do you like "living" like that?

JOE

....the wilderness or the wild....is a dangerous place.

If you enter, do so at your own risk.

....it is a completely different world from 'civilization'.

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Do you like "living" like that?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"....the wilderness or the wild....is a dangerous place.

What a wimp. :roll:

Anonymous

JOE

Quote from: "JOE"....the wilderness or the wild....is a dangerous place.

What a wimp. :roll:

Well, ifya say so, Herm.

But at least it showed or taught me, there are ways a person should never want to die.

The first is being murdered by someone.

The second, equally or more terrifying is to be ripped apart by a wild animal.

I knew that some who weren't so lucky as I was. They were mauled to death or else severely maimed for life.

I'm glad I made it out alive. Its that moment of terror before I thought I was going to die that I'll never forget. Probably the same feeling an animal has when its going to get run over by a car.