Last post: Today at 01:55:19 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

A

Why God Made Trees

Started by Anonymous, May 13, 2016, 10:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Breath control is more important if you play wind instruments.

That reminds me, I told Fash I was gonna do some brass.  I'll not bother with a separate thread.

More tango, especially Astor Piazzolla

">

While this gorgeous tango has been arranged for damn near every instrument, I'm quite partial to the euphonium since I played one for years in my schoolboy daze.

Bricktop

My grandfather was a renowned exponent of the electric guitar in the UK, even having an article about him published in "Variety".

My father played electric guitar in Glenn Miller style "big bands" in the 50's.

I am living proof that musical adeptness is not transferable by DNA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"===My father played electric guitar in Glenn Miller style "big bands" in the 50's.===

Electric guitar in the big band era was not your solidbody guitar of today, but typically a big ass archtop guitar, with a mag pickup added.  Before Charlie Christian (i.e., prior to WW2) they had to be played acoustically.  In my childhood nobody wanted an archtop guitar because it didn't have the warm sweet tone of a flattop, but in recent years those old archtop beasts have had a renascence.  See my post at the top of page 2, this thread.

Bricktop

His was a Hofner, as you describe. Bigass.

That is all I know about it.

Anonymous

Here are two BPILFs.  Jen Condos, Hofner President bass -- and Tal Wilkenfeld, Fender Jazz bass

">

">

Anonymous

It's Good Friday and I'm sharing this wonderful Jesuit hymn here for Fash.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"It's Good Friday and I'm sharing this wonderful Jesuit hymn here for Fash.

">

Very nice.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
">

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Anonymous

I've never heard a more perfectly right take on the Air from Dance Suite #3

">

Anonymous

Aside from the paper, no trees were harmed to produce this.

">

Anonymous

Anonymous

Print
User actions