Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Brand New Stuff

Started by Annie, May 22, 2016, 01:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I finally went out and bought a new stereo receiver from Best Buy. I was only going to buy just that and hook it up to the old 1980 something speakers used for the past 20 years but I bought the Pioneeer AV receiver with 5.1 speakers. It came with a nice floor sub woofer and option for one of the small speakers to act as a sub woofer as well.  It also has compatibility to connect ipod, iphone, tv, vcr, dvd, etc The cost in total was $399.12 and I have the 3 month no interest payment plan.  Woohoo! Sooo now I have it cranked listening to CFox  :yahoo:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I finally went out and bought a new stereo receiver from Best Buy. I was only going to buy just that and hook it up to the old 1980 something speakers used for the past 20 years but I bought the Pioneeer AV receiver with 5.1 speakers. It came with a nice floor sub woofer and option for one of the small speakers to act as a sub woofer as well.  It also has compatibility to connect ipod, iphone, tv, vcr, dvd, etc The cost in total was $399.12 and I have the 3 month no interest payment plan.  Woohoo! Sooo now I have it cranked listening to CFox  :yahoo:

Good for you Annie. Blow them eardrums. ac_drinks

Annie

You betcha! And now with all these speakers placed around the house I can successfully drown out the neighbor's barking dog AND the neighborhood screaming kids!  ac_dance  ac_drinks
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"You betcha! And now with all these speakers placed around the house I can successfully drown out the neighbor's barking dog AND the neighborhood screaming kids!  ac_dance  ac_drinks

For 400 bucks, that is a hell of a bonus. If it could send out the smell of bacon, you could get all the Islamists in your neighborhood to move.

Annie

:laugh3:  I know! I'd love to have some kind of neighbor repellent. There's a few I really don't care for. I can live with the barking, screaming but the personal insulting comments directed at us because we're "white" is uncalled for. Although, things have calmed down a fair bit. Maybe it's because we don't let them think it gets to us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie":laugh3:  I know! I'd love to have some kind of neighbor repellent. There's a few I really don't care for. I can live with the barking, screaming but the personal insulting comments directed at us because we're "white" is uncalled for. Although, things have calmed down a fair bit. Maybe it's because we don't let them think it gets to us.

Another reminder of why I like living on a farm. I do not give a shit if my neighbors are assholes. They live a few kms away.

Annie

I miss the country. I grew up in farmland on 6 1/2 acres. We only had cows, dairy and for personal beef. I learned a valuable lesson when raising animals for food, never give them names and befriend them.  I came home from school one day and noticed the beef cows were gone. Dad took them to slaughter that day. Later on about a week later we were having steak and I asked my Dad what kind of steak it was and he said the name of my favorite cow  :oeudC:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I finally went out and bought a new stereo receiver from Best Buy. I was only going to buy just that and hook it up to the old 1980 something speakers used for the past 20 years but I bought the Pioneeer AV receiver with 5.1 speakers. It came with a nice floor sub woofer and option for one of the small speakers to act as a sub woofer as well.  It also has compatibility to connect ipod, iphone, tv, vcr, dvd, etc The cost in total was $399.12 and I have the 3 month no interest payment plan.  Woohoo! Sooo now I have it cranked listening to CFox  :yahoo:

I hope you had a few refreshments to go with the cranked tunes. ac_drinks

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"I miss the country. I grew up in farmland on 6 1/2 acres. We only had cows, dairy and for personal beef. I learned a valuable lesson when raising animals for food, never give them names and befriend them.  I came home from school one day and noticed the beef cows were gone. Dad took them to slaughter that day. Later on about a week later we were having steak and I asked my Dad what kind of steak it was and he said the name of my favorite cow  :oeudC:

Enjoy the new audio equipment, Annie.

If you really want to fuck with the neighbors. Get a CD of bagpipe music, open the windows, crank the fuck out of it and leave the house for a few hours..... ac_biggrin

Another one that works real well is "Songs of the Humpback Whale". That one is garrenteed to drive everyone within ear shot out of their mind. :evilthoughts2:

BTW, I hear you about never naming the livestock. Growing up my sister and I were involved in 4H. For a while we raised domestic ducks and pigmy goats. The goats we kept as pets but the ducks would get autioned off at the annual agricultural fair. When I found out that most of the ducks, chickens and rabbits at the fair ended up on someones dinner table, I was horrified.

I dont't know what the hell I was thinking. :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Bagpipe music playing loud in a Vancouver neighborhood. The Punjabis will love that. ac_toofunny

Annie

Haha, oh I have it cranked again. Well not too loud, hubby is napping. His hearing is the shits so he can hardly hear it anyways lol. Great idea with the bagpipe or humpback whale sounds.  I alter between rock, heavy metal, pop, 80's, 50's and everything in between.  Ohh I should put some Stompin Tom Conner on and crank it! Or better yet, MacLean and MacLean, the Pubic Hair song! Muahahaha!

Annie

Quote from: "Herman"Bagpipe music playing loud in a Vancouver neighborhood. The Punjabis will love that. ac_toofunny

I love bagpipes. I'm Scottish/Irish  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Rock on Annie. Annie's world, party time, excellent.

Annie

I could never live without music.  We won a "sex" gift bag from a radio station awhile back. I think it was JackFM.  It had a little vibrator, lube, body chocolate, coupons and other stuff. Hubby is always trying to win concert tickets.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I could never live without music.  We won a "sex" gift bag from a radio station awhile back. I think it was JackFM.  It had a little vibrator, lube, body chocolate, coupons and other stuff. Hubby is always trying to win concert tickets.

Have you used all the items you won? Do not answer that. None of my beeswax.