Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

NRA Tells Parents To Keep Guns In Kids’ Rooms

Started by Romero, May 31, 2016, 03:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

QuoteDuring a seminar on "home defense concepts" at the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Louisville, an instructor encouraged gun owners to store firearms in their children's bedrooms.

Rob Pincus, who owns the popular firearm instruction company I.C.E. Training, paced across a conference room stage as he repeatedly warned against the threat of violent home invasions. After establishing that filling one's home with weapons is the only solution, he then recommended that gun owners store firearms in their kids' rooms for easy access.

"Why would you consider staging a firearm inside a child's room?" he told the few hundred NRA members in attendance. "It's the first place I'm going to go! As I've said...many times, if your kid is going to break into the safe just because it's in their room, you have a parenting issue, not a home defense issue."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/05/31/3782497/nra-kids-shooting/">//http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/05/31/3782497/nra-kids-shooting/

A gun safe??? What's the point if you have to get the key, open the safe and load the ammo? Does he think the home invaders are just going to wait?

No, the firearm would have to be easily accessible, armed and ready to fire. Obviously.

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteDuring a seminar on "home defense concepts" at the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Louisville, an instructor encouraged gun owners to store firearms in their children's bedrooms.

Rob Pincus, who owns the popular firearm instruction company I.C.E. Training, paced across a conference room stage as he repeatedly warned against the threat of violent home invasions. After establishing that filling one's home with weapons is the only solution, he then recommended that gun owners store firearms in their kids' rooms for easy access.

"Why would you consider staging a firearm inside a child's room?" he told the few hundred NRA members in attendance. "It's the first place I'm going to go! As I've said...many times, if your kid is going to break into the safe just because it's in their room, you have a parenting issue, not a home defense issue."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/05/31/3782497/nra-kids-shooting/">//http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/05/31/3782497/nra-kids-shooting/

A gun safe??? What's the point if you have to get the key, open the safe and load the ammo? Does he think the home invaders are just going to wait?

No, the firearm would have to be easily accessible, armed and ready to fire. Obviously.

Are said guns not loaded in these safes?  Most use combinations, not keys.

I just can't imagine living in a place that requires a firearm as "the ONLY solution" for safety in my home.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Why doe anyone care what he said? ac_dunno

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It's a comment piece.

I understand that.

Renee

Ah yes "think progress" the progressive's clueless Bible.

Let's look at the real figures and not the far left propaganda that Rohammad loves to puke up.

"An estimated 3.7 million household burglaries occurred each year on average from 2003 to 2007. In about 28% of these burglaries, a household member was present during the burglary. In 7% of all household burglaries, a household member experienced some form of violent victimization"

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/vdhb.txt">//http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/vdhb.txt

So let's look at the numbers 28% of 3.7 MIL= 1,036,000

7% of that 28% = 72,520.

So much for the smoke and mirrors assertion from thinkproggy that claims violent home invasions are nothing to be concerned about.

So I guess to the idiots at think progress (a contradiction in terms of there ever was one)....72 thousand victims a year of violent home invasions are somehow less important than their far left agenda. That's what this hatchet job boils down to.

There are so many erroneous statements in that article that it if it wasn't so gut churningly ignorant, I would be on the floor laughing.

I'd like to know who the clueless fools running the event were who let the vile creatures from "thinkproggy" through the door. I assure you if it were me...thinkprogs wouldn't even be welcome in the parking lot.

Now as for Rob Pincus...he's an idiot and an extremist and he has been marketing himself as a firearms and tactical expert for years. He has been hawking his courses like an "as seen on TV" hussler to the point of annoyance. Well he's a fool. I didn't think anyone even listened to his harebrained bullshit anymore. I guess PT Barnum was right about suckers and their birth rate.

As to your own vacuous musings about gun safes and the accessibility of a firearm in the case of an emergency.....ever hear of a bio-lock? A hard mounted safe with a bio-lock that only responds to the gun owners finger prints, is safe to place in any room and it also makes the firearm instantly available if needed.

This is a case of the clueless leading the clueless and it's no surprise to find Romero following right along like a good little proggy. Let's all pat him on the head and give him a participation trophy for the effort.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee""An estimated 3.7 million household burglaries occurred each year on average from 2003 to 2007. In about 28% of these burglaries, a household member was present during the burglary. In 7% of all household burglaries, a household member experienced some form of violent victimization"

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/vdhb.txt">//http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/vdhb.txt

7% of that 28% = 72,520.

So much for the smoke and mirrors assertion from thinkproggy that claims violent home invasions are nothing to be concerned about.

Those are all burglaries you're looking at, not just home invasions.

QuotePublic perception and media reports of home invasion do not

necessarily include intent on the part of the offender.

Situations reported by the media as home invasion include--

*An offender forcibly enters a home to rob the household of

specific items, including cash, drugs, or other items--

specific households or residents may become a target either to

"settle a score" or because residents are perceived as

vulnerable, such as persons with disabilities and the elderly.

So, home invasions are more like 1%. Why would you believe they were so much more common? A home invasion involves much more risk to the home invaders than the average household burglary.

ThinkProgress never claimed violent home invasions are nothing to be concerned about. Liar!

Now that you're done deflecting, do you think it's a good idea to store firearms in children's bedrooms?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee""An estimated 3.7 million household burglaries occurred each year on average from 2003 to 2007. In about 28% of these burglaries, a household member was present during the burglary. In 7% of all household burglaries, a household member experienced some form of violent victimization"

7% of that 28% = 72,520.

Those are all burglaries you're looking at, not just home invasions.

QuotePublic perception and media reports of home invasion do not

necessarily include intent on the part of the offender.

Situations reported by the media as home invasion include--

*An offender forcibly enters a home to rob the household of

"settle a score" or because residents are perceived as

vulnerable, such as persons with disabilities and the elderly.

So, home invasions are more like 1%. Why would you believe they were so much more common? A home invasion involves much more risk to the home invaders than the average household burglary.

ThinkProgress never claimed violent home invasions are nothing to be concerned about. Liar!

Now that you're done deflecting, do you think it's a good idea to store firearms in children's bedrooms?

Can you read????? Apparently not. :laugh3:

What part of "3.7 million HOUSEHOLD burglaries", 28% while a resident is in the home, 7% violent victimization.....translated into actual numbers....don't you fucking get?

I knew the math would confuse you. It's my own fault. :oeudC:

You do understand that a home burglary is the same thing as a home invasion, right?????

Or are you just being purposely deceptive, as usual?

These are numbers from the US Justice Bureau not some left wing political special interest. I'm sorry if they run afoul of your dribbling, leftard agenda but that's too fucking bad.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

A home burglary is not the same as a home invasion, according to your own link.

QuoteAn offender forcibly enters a home to rob the household of

"settle a score"
or because residents are perceived as

vulnerable
, such as persons with disabilities and the elderly.

If they're the same thing, why are they called two separate terms?

cc

What makes that twit-twat resort to the "L"(iar) word so often? Others don't do that  

QuoteThese are numbers from the US Justice Bureau not some left wing political special interest

At present, is there  a discernable distinction?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

I do want to clear this up having taken criminology and all that:

A burglary is breaking into a home with the intent to steal contents within the home.

A home invasion is breaking into a home with the intent to commit a crime, usually violent, against the occupants.

The majority of break and enter crimes are with the intent to steal and are generally done when the occupants are not home.

/backs away slowly
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

QuoteThere are so many erroneous statements in that article that it if it wasn't so gut churningly ignorant, I would be on the floor laughing.

I agree, but thinkbullshit is not ignorant. They don't tell the whole story and they count on the likes of Rohammad and Peaches to try and sell it as the word of God.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
QuoteThere are so many erroneous statements in that article that it if it wasn't so gut churningly ignorant, I would be on the floor laughing.

I agree, but thinkbullshit is not ignorant. They don't tell the whole story and they count on the likes of Rohammad and Peaches to try and sell it as the word of God.

NO media tells the full story Herman.  Not one.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

The Gun Debate for home safety...

Now, Canadian case law has dictated that I can sleep with a loaded weapon under my pillow.  Yes, it is true.  I'm sure some will argue the legalities of this, but trust me to have studied case law for many hours before you do so.  Of course, this is in my scenario, where there are no children present in the home, and the theft of said firearm is low from any invited adult guests.

THAT being said,  although I have many firearms, I would not utilize them for protection of my home.

Now, MY case is unique, as is everyone else's...  Where do you live?  Is it a high crime area?  DO you have children in the home?  DO you have a lot of guests that could have access to said firearms?

A loaded firearm in my house poses very little threat to anyone other than me.  The real issue is, time and time again, is firearms that are taken by people that aren't the rightful owner.

Now, on to the second point...  A firearm for home protection/invasion purposes generally is of little use to the homeowner in most cases...  Home invasion/burglary type invasions happen fast, in seconds.  If the firearm isn't within reach and loaded at the exact time, it is likely it'll do you no good.  

So, what I prefer to do, to satisfy my personal protection, as well as not having loaded guns all over the place, is I have dog/bear/mace spray sitting on my nightstand.  This is more effective than you may think, as a blinded intruder is yours to deal with.  It's fast, and doesn't need loading.  Just point and spray.

The best part is, shooting someone in any country, regardless of how "gun happy" the State is, will nonetheless lead to expensive legal repercussions for trials and whatnot.  That is why I will utilize spray.  A lot less to explain, should I need to incapacitate someone.

Now, again, everyone is different, and lives in different places, but one must weight the pros and cons of keeping loaded firearms handy (unloaded firearms rarely can be loaded in time during a night time home invasion), or keeping another suitable deterrent within reach.

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"The Gun Debate for home safety...

Now, Canadian case law has dictated that I can sleep with a loaded weapon under my pillow.  Yes, it is true.  I'm sure some will argue the legalities of this, but trust me to have studied case law for many hours before you do so.  Of course, this is in my scenario, where there are no children present in the home, and the theft of said firearm is low from any invited adult guests.

THAT being said,  although I have many firearms, I would not utilize them for protection of my home.

Now, MY case is unique, as is everyone else's...  Where do you live?  Is it a high crime area?  DO you have children in the home?  DO you have a lot of guests that could have access to said firearms?

A loaded firearm in my house poses very little threat to anyone other than me.  The real issue is, time and time again, is firearms that are taken by people that aren't the rightful owner.

Now, on to the second point...  A firearm for home protection/invasion purposes generally is of little use to the homeowner in most cases...  Home invasion/burglary type invasions happen fast, in seconds.  If the firearm isn't within reach and loaded at the exact time, it is likely it'll do you no good.  

So, what I prefer to do, to satisfy my personal protection, as well as not having loaded guns all over the place, is I have dog/bear/mace spray sitting on my nightstand.  This is more effective than you may think, as a blinded intruder is yours to deal with.  It's fast, and doesn't need loading.  Just point and spray.

The best part is, shooting someone in any country, regardless of how "gun happy" the State is, will nonetheless lead to expensive legal repercussions for trials and whatnot.  That is why I will utilize spray.  A lot less to explain, should I need to incapacitate someone.

Now, again, everyone is different, and lives in different places, but one must weight the pros and cons of keeping loaded firearms handy (unloaded firearms rarely can be loaded in time during a night time home invasion), or keeping another suitable deterrent within reach.

Since you live alone you are allowed to keep a loaded handgun under your pillow?

:shock: