Replies: 10478
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:20:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Good Old Snitz DV Era I Miss!

Started by smell the glove, June 04, 2016, 05:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smell the glove

Night or day, there was always someone on.  At this time of the night, there would more than likely be a drunken bar patron or two posting...

It was more of a random mix of posters, as opposed to three or four regulars...

This chick can play this better than I can!~

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz7FohB419k

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"Night or day, there was always someone on.  At this time of the night, there would more than likely be a drunken bar patron or two posting...

It was more of a random mix of posters, as opposed to three or four regulars...

This chick can play this better than I can!~

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz7FohB419k
Forums are not that lively anymore.

smell the glove

Quote from: "Herman"Forums are not that lively anymore.

Ya, it seems that social media is an ever-evolving thing...  It was forums, then is was FaceBook and Twitter, and whatever else will be the next "thing"...

Also understanding that there is no doubt an "over-saturation" of social media platforms...  I guess it used to be, that one would need a bit of financial backing to start any kind of online site.  From the bandwidth costs, to having to bring in programmers, etc...  Those days also, seem to be coming to an end.

Shit, even I could now start a forum for next to nothing in cost...

Times change...

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"
Quote from: "Herman"Forums are not that lively anymore.

Ya, it seems that social media is an ever-evolving thing...  It was forums, then is was FaceBook and Twitter, and whatever else will be the next "thing"...

Also understanding that there is no doubt an "over-saturation" of social media platforms...  I guess it used to be, that one would need a bit of financial backing to start any kind of online site.  From the bandwidth costs, to having to bring in programmers, etc...  Those days also, seem to be coming to an end.

Shit, even I could now start a forum for next to nothing in cost...

Times change...

My son is twenty five and he thinks of forums as something that belong in a museum.

smell the glove

I think they are a dying breed.  Even the specialty type forums have slowed.  Very little traffic.

There will always be a few busy ones, like 4chan and BodyBuilding, but still...  A dying format, I do predict.

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"I think they are a dying breed.  Even the specialty type forums have slowed.  Very little traffic.

There will always be a few busy ones, like 4chan and BodyBuilding, but still...  A dying format, I do predict.

The old forums I used to be on were once very busy. Probably busier than your DV. The ones that are still up get 10-15 posts a week in a good week.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "smell the glove"I think they are a dying breed.  Even the specialty type forums have slowed.  Very little traffic.

The old forums I used to be on were once very busy. Probably busier than your DV. The ones that are still up get 10-15 posts a week in a good week.

Generally, forums best days are behind them..

Some specialized forums are still doing fairly well though.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview