Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

it's a bad year for infected ticks and lyme disease

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2016, 08:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I saw a medical warning on the news that this year on the prairies is a bod one for infected ticks..

Kris Kristofferson has been diagnosed with lyme disease and so was Avril Lavigne..

Here are the things to look for if you think you have been bitten by a tick.

http://canlyme.com/lyme-basics/symptoms/">http://canlyme.com/lyme-basics/symptoms/

Anonymous

I have been bitten by ticks many times before. But, I have a rash on my upper right side and lower left side. I am going to get it looked at by a doctor.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I have been bitten by ticks many times before. But, I have a rash on my upper right side and lower left side. I am going to get it looked at by a doctor.

Oh Herman, I hope you are fine..

See your doctor soon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"I have been bitten by ticks many times before. But, I have a rash on my upper right side and lower left side. I am going to get it looked at by a doctor.

Oh Herman, I hope you are fine..

See your doctor soon.

Worst case scenario and I have lyme disease, I get it looked after early, it's manageable.

I am jumping the gun a but here. Mosquitoes and other biting insects are bad this year too.

Annie

I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but I have all the symptoms of Lyme Disease. About 20 years ago I pulled a tick out of the back of my head and thought nothing of it. I didn't remember that I had until years ago after years of problems.  I guess I should have said something to my doctor but I figured after 20 years it doesn't matter and can't be treated anyways.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but I have all the symptoms of Lyme Disease. About 20 years ago I pulled a tick out of the back of my head and thought nothing of it. I didn't remember that I had until years ago after years of problems.  I guess I should have said something to my doctor but I figured after 20 years it doesn't matter and can't be treated anyways.

I grew up on a farm in Saskatchewan. Like most people here, I have been bitten many times by ticks. Most people who are bitten are not even aware of it because the tick is so small. But, right you are about the symptoms lingering for years. Sorry about your condition Annie.

Annie

Thanks Herman. It sucks but meh what can ya do? So many people with lots of medical stuff that makes not want to feel sorry for myself but rather be appreciative that it isn't worse.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but I have all the symptoms of Lyme Disease. About 20 years ago I pulled a tick out of the back of my head and thought nothing of it. I didn't remember that I had until years ago after years of problems.  I guess I should have said something to my doctor but I figured after 20 years it doesn't matter and can't be treated anyways.

Oh my Annie..

Tick bites are not to be taken lightly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Thanks Herman. It sucks but meh what can ya do? So many people with lots of medical stuff that makes not want to feel sorry for myself but rather be appreciative that it isn't worse.

So, how is your condition being treated?

Annie

I'm supposed to be taking anti inflammatories but I shy away from those because they burn a hole in the stomache.  I take glucosamine, apple cider vinegar, herbal teas, yoga, stretch all the time, hot tubs, vitamin supplements. I was on meds like Lyrica etc but I found they didn't work or they just brought on more problems.  So I'm not really on anything.  When the pain is bad I try hot compresses instead of pain meds all the time.  I am on a med at night that helps the muscle spasms.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'm supposed to be taking anti inflammatories but I shy away from those because they burn a hole in the stomache.  I take glucosamine, apple cider vinegar, herbal teas, yoga, stretch all the time, hot tubs, vitamin supplements. I was on meds like Lyrica etc but I found they didn't work or they just brought on more problems.  So I'm not really on anything.  When the pain is bad I try hot compresses instead of pain meds all the time.  I am on a med at night that helps the muscle spasms.

So, natural remedies and lifestyle/exercise?

Annie

Yep, pretty much! Meds never really seem to work for me but lifestyle changes have.   Some days are good while others are bad but the main thing is to stay positive and just keep plugging along.

cc

In so many ways you are a trooper ... beyond a trooper. I have so much respect for you Annie  .. and your attitude +++
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"In so many ways you are a trooper ... beyond a trooper. I have so much respect for you Annie  .. and your attitude +++

Ya me too ceec. Contrast that to the crybaby boys who inhabit RR.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'm supposed to be taking anti inflammatories but I shy away from those because they burn a hole in the stomache.  I take glucosamine, apple cider vinegar, herbal teas, yoga, stretch all the time, hot tubs, vitamin supplements. I was on meds like Lyrica etc but I found they didn't work or they just brought on more problems.  So I'm not really on anything.  When the pain is bad I try hot compresses instead of pain meds all the time.  I am on a med at night that helps the muscle spasms.

How do docs test to determine if someone has been bitten by a lyme disease carrying tick?