The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Mass shootings are nothing new...

Started by smell the glove, June 16, 2016, 04:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Why do I need to go to Dearborn?  I see them here all the time.  My husband ran a department where several worked.  We used to spend a lot of time with Muslim folks when we lived in Vancouver.  I don't need someone to hand me my opinion of them thanks.

Again, we have a lot more Muslims here than in other places yet they aren't terrorizing and killing us?  Why?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The Czech Republic has less restrictive gun laws than the US, but when there are gun crimes it usually committed by unlicensed owners. More importantly, the Czech Republic has not opened the flood gates to Muslims like France and Belgium have and the result has been no mass attacks like those two countries have had. :t2502:  Their president said it is impossible to integrate Muslims into Europe and the attacks in Western Europe prove he's right.

The only way to stop Islamic terror is to ban Muslims not guns.

We have a more open policy on Muslims and stricter gun laws and few mass shootings and terrorist attacks.

Explain that one Herman's Einstein.

We do not have strict gun laws, what are you talking about. I have a criminal record and I had lots of legal firepower at one time.

The Orlando shooter could have purchaed guns legally here too and carried the same type of attack on a gay club in one of our cities. Something like this could happen in the future. The chattering classes would inevitably demand chang, but from law abiding gun owners and not Islamic terrorists.

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The Czech Republic has less restrictive gun laws than the US, but when there are gun crimes it usually committed by unlicensed owners. More importantly, the Czech Republic has not opened the flood gates to Muslims like France and Belgium have and the result has been no mass attacks like those two countries have had. :t2502:  Their president said it is impossible to integrate Muslims into Europe and the attacks in Western Europe prove he's right.

The only way to stop Islamic terror is to ban Muslims not guns.

We have a more open policy on Muslims and stricter gun laws and few mass shootings and terrorist attacks.

Explain that one Herman's Einstein.

We do not have strict gun laws, what are you talking about. I have a criminal record and I had lots of legal firepower at one time.

The Orlando shooter could have purchaed guns legally here too and carried the same type of attack on a gay club in one of our cities. Something like this could happen in the future. The chattering classes would inevitably demand chang, but from law abiding gun owners and not Islamic terrorists.

I don't believe you can legally purchase weapons with large clips here in Canada.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Apparently they are having trouble tying this asshole to an Islamist terrorist group.  Weird.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

QuoteI don't believe you can legally purchase weapons with large clips here in Canada.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can have twenty round round mags pinned at five.

QuoteApparently they are having trouble tying this asshole to an Islamist terrorist group.  Weird.

Why is that weird? He was inspired by ISIS just like the Parliament Hill shooter was.

RW

So he wasn't linked to a terrorist organization.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Quote from: "Herman"You can have twenty round round mags pinned at five.

What about 30 round mags?  Can those be pinned at five also?

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"I don't believe you can legally purchase weapons with large clips here in Canada.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless you are Grandfathered in some sort of way, I can tell you exactly what you can currently purchase in Canada...

A semi-automatic long gun is limited to a five round magazine.

A semi-automatic pistol is limited to a 10 round magazine.

The only exception to this rule is rim-fire long guns.  They do not have a limit.  Meaning that guns like a .22 rifle are not limited by any magazine capacity...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"Thank you.

No problem!

High cap mags were essentially outlawed here after the École Polytechnique massacre...

RW

That's what I read and it makes sense.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"That's what I read and it makes sense.

It doesn't stop anyone from buying 10 five-round mags, and keeping them handy...

However, it lulled the public into a feeling that things would be addressed.

RW

I don't think it's a bad thing to make things harder for people to shoot up a place.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"I don't think it's a bad thing to make things harder for people to shoot up a place.

And here is where I disagree...

If people want to shoot, they shoot.

If they are limited to 10 rounds per mag, or five, it really makes no difference.

You'd be really shocked to know that ownership of .50 caliber Browning Machine Gun is perfectly legal here.

THIS is a round that can cause some ruffled feathers!~

RW

You say that but stricter gun laws have made a difference.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

@iron horse jockey

Canada and the United States are not Hungary. We will never build fences to keep Muslims out. We are nations of immigrants.

I do not believe stricter gun control in both countries will stop jihadists who have no fear of dying. But, unlike banning Muslims it's at least doable. it's seen as acting. Like Fash, I see gun bans as being a response more to domestic violence or irresponsible owners who let their guns fall into the hands of children.  Some people should not own guns.....or cars. Besides, guns are just one way terrorists use to mow people down.

I think what Canada is doing now to fight radicalization works. Like that guy working for the RCMP that infiltrated terror cells in Canada and prevented the Via Rail bombing. Keep it up. We are doing a better job than the US and Europe.

PS

I am really surprised by some of your posts lately. I had you pegged as a low key guy who did not want to rock the boat.