The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

two year old boy attacked and drowned by alligator near Disney World hotel

Started by Anonymous, June 16, 2016, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/DF745AF7-B6EB-41B7-9332-6A766B89667D_zps16oydcda.jpg.html">

Looks like people eat it. I've heard it tastes like dirty fish.  :2r4ml1j_th:

@realAzhyaAryola

This family, their friends, and many will never think the same of Disney again. What a horrible thing.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

JOE

Seems like it was an accident waiting to happen.

From the information provided, it look like Disney is at fault.

Their Lake was not impervious to Alligators and Crocodiles because it actually connects to outside bodies of water. So that made it a potentially dangerous venue for humans, especially children.

Y'ad think that such an experienced operation like theirs could have forseen the dangers.

Quote from: "Annie"When we went to Florida Disney World about 10 years ago there were gators everywhere it seemed.  They were in the ditches, the local ponds and a life guard told us that occasionally one would travel across the grass and slip into the private resort swimming pool. We fished at a small pond and there were hugs turtles and we saw a gator slide into the water. It was about 5 feet long.  We visited  Gatorland and some of them were friggin huge! Even though there were fences (those orange mesh things) around waterways, they still travelled and slid into whatever waterway they wanted to.

JOE

Even out door pools are a risky proposition in Florida:

...so perhaps indoor pools are the way to go in the Sunshine State?

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes. A sad story.

Having lived 3 yrs in Florida I know that every small pond contains a gator ... large bodies of water contain several, each with his own area

That there were no major and plentiful  warnings posted, especially in a place frequented by unknowing non-Crackers is unforgivable ... could be getting close to negligible homicide

I have lived in Canada my whole life and even I wouldn't touch water in Florida because of gators.

Disney is going to pay big for that lack of signage but it won't ever be enough for the loss of their child.

We did not swim much in natural water for that reason.

Clearly Disney is at fault privately  and possibly criminally because of poor to no signage for a well known / obvious  threat

Gallium

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/DF745AF7-B6EB-41B7-9332-6A766B89667D_zps16oydcda.jpg.html">

Looks like people eat it. I've heard it tastes like dirty fish.  :2r4ml1j_th:

I guess the muddy freshwater and associated diet would affect taste in particular areas. Up in Far North Queensland I tried Crocodile burgers that were bloody delicious. I can best describe the taste to be a combination of salty fish and chicken.

cc

You are prolly correct on the type of water. Florida waters are mainly shallow and murky by nature

Say TD, are those gators or crocs?

And I thought it was mainly crocks in OZ. "Alligator Dundee" would never fly, lol

Generally speaking, crocs by nature take to brackish water better than gators .. and get bigger and tougher. There are a few crocs  in Florida, possibly transplanted , don't know,  but only along the ocean areas and in brackish (varying from medium to full salt content) water

In Florida, gators are more inland in shallow waters

Anyone want to hear my Florida big mouth bass  interuptus-by-gator fishing tale?

We lived in Sarasota on the Gulf Coast and saw plenty of gators .. ever pond is owned by a male gator
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

The difference.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R-1diLkRU-A/Te5nxATskzI/AAAAAAAADy0/bgPQfNPe-n0/s1600/crocodile+snout.jpg">

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DR_22HRNTF4/Te5qCAbNOHI/AAAAAAAADy4/naepXSs5oXA/s1600/crocodile.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

I was in Daytona Beach and Orlando and thankfully no unwanted visits from an alligator or crocodile.
@realAzhyaAryola

kiebers

I am still having a hard time with a 2 year old being allowed that close to, or in the water. Warning signs or not.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

JOE

Quote from: "kiebers"I am still having a hard time with a 2 year old being allowed that close to, or in the water. Warning signs or not.

Sometimes your advocacy of guns makes sense, K.

Personally if I had one, I would've blown that f**kin' thing's head off.

It deserved it.

This story kinda reminds me of 2 boys who were killed by a python in New Brunswick Canada.

That thing also deserved the royal treatment.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes. A sad story.

Having lived 3 yrs in Florida I know that every small pond contains a gator ... large bodies of water contain several, each with his own area

That there were no major and plentiful  warnings posted, especially in a place frequented by unknowing non-Crackers is unforgivable ... could be getting close to negligible homicide

I have lived in Canada my whole life and even I wouldn't touch water in Florida because of gators.

Disney is going to pay big for that lack of signage but it won't ever be enough for the loss of their child.

Oh the "no swimming" signs weren't enough warning to stay out of the water? Every lagoon and pond on Disney property has signage stating as such. You have to be blind or brain dead to miss them. Its only Florida (alligator city) FFS. :001_rolleyes:

People are stupid and I guess now signs that say beware of alligators, snapping turtles, water moccasins and other assorted creepy water creatures will now be needed to protect nitwits from themselves.  :negative:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

JOE

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"The difference.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R-1diLkRU-A/Te5nxATskzI/AAAAAAAADy0/bgPQfNPe-n0/s1600/crocodile+snout.jpg">

The aligator has to be one of the (f)ugliest, creepiest & most sinister looking  creatures known to man.

They're even more hideous on camera.

Enough to give any child nightmares for years like this latest news story.

Renee

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "kiebers"I am still having a hard time with a 2 year old being allowed that close to, or in the water. Warning signs or not.

Sometimes your advocacy of guns makes sense, K.

Personally if I had one, I would've blown that f**kin' thing's head off.

It deserved it.

This story kinda reminds me of 2 boys who were killed by a python in New Brunswick Canada.

That thing also deserved the royal treatment.

So an alligator deserves to be killed for being and acting like an alligator?

Joe, you get dumber by the minute.  :nea:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Gallium

Quote from: "cc la femme"You are prolly correct on the type of water. Florida waters are mainly shallow and murky by nature

Say TD, are those gators or crocs?

And I thought it was mainly crocks in OZ. "Alligator Dundee" would never fly, lol

Generally speaking, crocs by nature take to brackish water better than gators .. and get bigger and tougher. There are a few crocs  in Florida, possibly transplanted , don't know,  but only along the ocean areas and in brackish (varying from medium to full salt content) water

In Florida, gators are more inland in shallow waters

Anyone want to hear my Florida big mouth bass  interuptus-by-gator fishing tale?

We lived in Sarasota on the Gulf Coast and saw plenty of gators .. ever pond is owned by a male gator

Only two species of Crocodile in Oz, no Alligator...the Johnstones freshwater (unique to only Australia) and the Salty.  ac_smile