The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

It's time to BAN WOMEN

Started by cc, June 19, 2016, 12:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.

I think killing people who insult the prophet is evil. What is worse than that though is that not a small number of Western Muslims think it is justified.

Like old Shen Li always says, Islam is incompatible with Western or Eastern values.

Shen Li is right about Islam. But, like RW keeps repeating, not all Muslims subscribe to Islamic orthodoxy. Unfortunately, not a small number do.

So why did you call for the ban of Islam in the western world then?

I don't actually believe there will ever be curbs on any part of Islam anymore than Donald Trump believes Mexico will pay for a wall.

RW

Quote from: "RW"Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.

I think killing people who insult the prophet is evil. What is worse than that though is that not a small number of Western Muslims think it is justified.

Like old Shen Li always says, Islam is incompatible with Western or Eastern values.

Shen Li is right about Islam. But, like RW keeps repeating, not all Muslims subscribe to Islamic orthodoxy. Unfortunately, not a small number do.

Did you not read this part; Unfortunately, not a small number do.

I read it but it's bullshit.  :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I don't actually believe there will ever be curbs on any part of Islam anymore than Donald Trump believes Mexico will pay for a wall.

That's nice but it doesn't answer my question.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I know not all Muslims are fundamentalists that want cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammad made a hate crime, but too many do.

Funny you should mention that Jock.

Poll: 1 in 3 Muslims in the US support violence against those who insult Muhammad, Quran or Islam

http://pamelageller.com/2015/06/poll-1-in-3-muslims-in-the-us-support-violence-against-those-who-insult-muhammad-quran-or-islam.html/">http://pamelageller.com/2015/06/poll-1- ... slam.html/">http://pamelageller.com/2015/06/poll-1-in-3-muslims-in-the-us-support-violence-against-those-who-insult-muhammad-quran-or-islam.html/

Your source is garbage.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "cc la femme"I am going out right now for a spin in another kind of bird. Will address that  later RW

Hope she didn't get in a wreck?

Anonymous

I do not get that at all..

I can understand Muslims getting offended(not violent) if their Allah is insulted..

But, Mohammad was only a man.

ac_dunno

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I can understand Muslims getting offended(not violent) if their Allah is insulted..

ac_dunno

That is really strange. I don't see similar reactions from Jews if someone draws a satirical cartoon of Moses.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

ac_dunno

That is really strange. I don't see similar reactions from Jews if someone draws draws a satirical cartoon of Moses.

It's called a different set of beliefs.  :001_rolleyes:
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Oh, its beliefs and especially  "enforcement" of its beliefs are "different" all right.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Oh, it is "different" all right

Not as different as you'd let on though.  There are many similarities between Islam and, say, Christianity.  Just different stages...for the most part.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Called "many centuries"

It not only enforces its beliefs on followers, it even calls for and enforces its beliefs upon non followers

a pig that sheds / shreads  an lipstick applied to it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

ac_dunno

That is really strange. I don't see similar reactions from Jews if someone draws a satirical cartoon of Moses.

Do they believe he is just a man or something above that..

Criticism of religious leaders is perfectly legal in Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Called "many centuries"

It not only enforces its beliefs on followers, it even calls for and enforces its beliefs upon non followers

I get offended by some things I see in the secular media, but that is one of the things you have to get over when you live in a prosperous, pluralistic nation..

You can live in an advanced, tolerant society or you can live in one that dictates morality..

Nobody can have their cake and eat it too.

Anonymous

Did you not read this part; Unfortunately, not a small number do.

I read it but it's bullshit.  :)

Of course it is. That's why Chatlie Hebdo staff are dead.

Anonymous

ac_dunno

That is really strange. I don't see similar reactions from Jews if someone draws draws a satirical cartoon of Moses.

Not only is it called different, a more precise way to describe it is completely unacceptable.