Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

It's time to BAN WOMEN

Started by cc, June 19, 2016, 12:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Called "many centuries"

It not only enforces its beliefs on followers, it even calls for and enforces its beliefs upon non followers

a pig that sheds / shreads  an lipstick applied to it

Really?  And which religion(s) do you think has influenced our laws that governs followers and non-followers alike?   :001_rolleyes:
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.

I think killing people who insult the prophet is evil. What is worse than that though is that not a small number of Western Muslims think it is justified.

Like old Shen Li always says, Islam is incompatible with Western or Eastern values.

I do not get that at all..

I can understand Muslims getting offended(not violent) if their Allah is insulted..

But, Mohammad was only a man.

ac_dunno

That is really strange. I don't see similar reactions from Jews if someone draws draws a satirical cartoon of Moses.

It's called a different set of beliefs.  :001_rolleyes:

Not only is it called different, a more precise way to describe it is completely unacceptable.

They feel the same way about our beliefs, amoung other things.

See, EVERY religion group thinks the other one has it wrong.  Those not in a religious group think all religious groups have it wrong.  And around and around we go...
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "RW"Militancy is a problem.  No one denies that or fails to recognize that.  The debate should not start and end with "Islam is evil".  That's an intellectually lazy answer to a very complicated issue.

I think killing people who insult the prophet is evil. What is worse than that though is that not a small number of Western Muslims think it is justified.

Like old Shen Li always says, Islam is incompatible with Western or Eastern values.

Shen Li is right about Islam. But, like RW keeps repeating, not all Muslims subscribe to Islamic orthodoxy. Unfortunately, not a small number do.

So why did you call for the ban of Islam in the western world then?

Did you not read this part; Unfortunately, not a small number do.

I read it but it's bullshit.  :)

Of course it is. That's why Chatlie Hebdo staff are dead.

I don't fail to recognize we currently have an Islamic terrorist organizations committing atrocities worldwide.  How many Muslims would you say are a part of that organization?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Shen Li is right about Islam. But, like RW keeps repeating, not all Muslims subscribe to Islamic orthodoxy. Unfortunately, not a small number do.

Salman Rushdie in exile, the assassination attempts on the Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard, the killing of Theo Van Gogh in response to his film on women and Islam and loud calls to have cartoons of Mohammad with a bomb in his turban considered hate speech..

Something is going on in Europe, there is no denying that..

Muslim leaders in Europe argue that since denying the holocaust is hate speech, so should any and all criticism of the prophet Mohammad including satirical cartoons..

I consider myself a tolerant woman, but this stretches the limits of my tolerance..

How do others feel? Is this a reasonable accommodation of a religion or does it infringe on free speech?

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Salman Rushdie in exile, the assassination attempts on the Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard, the killing of Theo Van Gogh in response to his film on women and Islam and loud calls to have cartoons of Mohammad with a bomb in his turban considered hate speech..

Something is going on in Europe, there is no denying that..

Muslim leaders in Europe argue that since denying the holocaust is hate speech, so should any and all criticism of the prophet Mohammad including satirical cartoons..

I consider myself a tolerant woman, but this stretches the limits of my tolerance..

How do others feel? Is this a reasonable accommodation of a religion or does it infringe on free speech?

Definite infringement on the freedom of speech.  Denying the holocaust isn't considered hate speech in Canada per se...

There have been a few cases involving denying the holocaust.  One involved a high school teacher named James Keegstra who taught students that Jews were evil and had created the Holocaust for sympathy.  He was found guilty of inciting hatred.  Another was Ernst Zundel who ran around making pamphlets about Jews, denying the holocaust, etc, who had his conviction overturned by the Supreme Court under free speech, and David Ahenakew, a First Nation's Chief who made anti-semetic remarks but who also was acquitted of wrong doing during appeal.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

It not only enforces its beliefs on followers, it even calls for and enforces its beliefs upon non followers

Really?  And which religion(s) do you think has influenced our laws that governs followers and non-followers alike?   :001_rolleyes:

You do realize that you are running around the issue of are islamic principles such as attacking anyone who speaks out against it, or draws pics etc etc etc to name just a very few of its many unacceptable beliefs here in the West

Cutting to the chase, It does appear that you are saying these principles are acceptable and twisting yourself and your own core values into pretzels in attempting to justify it

I understand that you fear for islamics already here. That's a legit concern that I relate to. It has dogged me for 2 decades now.

However that concern does not justify justifying what we all consider to be evil beliefs and the resulting acts to enforce those beliefs
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

All I'm doing is offering perspective.  I'm reading people condemn Islam for the same shit seen in other religions which we accept in our society.

I support the foundations of our culture including freedom of speech but I'm not going to get hopped up about shit that's part of damn near every religion and we've lived with for ages - like religion's calls to spread their religious seed or banning homosexuality which is something seen in Christian religions.

It's simple.  I don't support terrorism or the supremist ideologies held by these pieces of shit.  I just don't accept that every Muslim shares the beliefs of terrorists.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"

You do realize that you are running around the issue of are islamic principles such as attacking anyone who speaks out against it, or draws pics etc etc etc to name just a very few of its many unacceptable beliefs here in the West

Cutting to the chase, It does appear that you are saying these principles are acceptable and twisting yourself and your own core values into pretzels in attempting to justify it

I understand that you fear for islamics already here. That's a legit concern that I relate to. It has dogged me for 2 decades now.

However that concern does not justify justifying what we all consider to be evil beliefs and the resulting acts to enforce those beliefs

Since I forgot to quote your original post, I now have to reply again.  *sigh*

Now if I am to believe that Islamic principles of attacking people who speak out against it is truly a tenant followed by the majority of Muslims on this planet (there's 1.6 BILLION of them), then we'd have one hell of a HUGE holy army kicking our asses.  We don't.  In fact, the MAJORITY of those 1.6 BILLION adherents are not attacking anyone.  What we do have is extremist groups who have declared a holy war against the West.  I have asked you many times how many those groups number and you have yet to provide one because you know it is a very small number of the world's Muslim population.

I have never said that going against western values in western countries is acceptable.  I have NEVER supported harming people for drawing pictures of Mohammed or not being able to freely criticise a religion or it's beliefs within the bounds of our laws.  I have NEVER supported Sharia law in our countries.  What I have done is try to understand where these people are coming from by looking at our own beliefs and our own history.  See cc, I have an educational background in things like religious and women's studies.  It gives me a bit of PERSPECTIVE on some of the issues that you and your litter of prairie dogs jump up and down about.  Issues around homosexuality, law, and the spread of religious belief.  I guess that's why hearing shit like "Muslims want to make homosexuality illegal" or "it's their duty to spread their religion throughout the world" doesn't fucking phase me.  I was taught the exact same thing in Catholic school when I was 10 years old FFS.  

What we have is an insurgence of a very real terrorist threat coming out of Islam in the form of Islamists who have declared war on us and our ways.  Things are escalating within our countries and being made worse by growing bigotry and marginalization.  Prevalent attitudes like the ones shared on this board are feeding further extremism.  Does that sound familiar?  I've been saying that for YEARS now.  Neither side is working towards anything but further conflict.  Many people are going to die because we don't want peace with each other, except of course, those who do.  Those who are forgotten in all of this yet end up being victims to hatred and ignorance nonetheless.

We have seen this very scenario so many times in history yet for some reason people think Islam is in some way special.  It's just the enemy du jour because we have learned NOTHING from our mistakes.  And you know, I really hate when innocent people have to pay for the mistakes of the stupid.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "cc la femme"I understand that you fear for islamics already here. That's a legit concern that I relate to. It has dogged me for 2 decades now.

Maybe you should stop hiring them to work for you.

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "cc la femme"I understand that you fear for islamics already here. That's a legit concern that I relate to. It has dogged me for 2 decades now.

Maybe you should stop hiring them to work for you.

I highly doubt she has Islamists working for her.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

cc says her "head employee is Islamic". Ask her!

Islamic hairdresser and some friends too. The ultimate hypocrite.

RW

Why would I ask her?  I've discussed this issue with her for years and years.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Then why did you say you doubted it?

RW

Quote from: "Romero"Then why did you say you doubted it?

Because what I've learned from cc over the years is there is a difference between an Islamic(Muslim) and an Islamist.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

She doesn't believe that.

Quote from: "cc la femme"So clearly you acknowledge this was a dedicated / committed islamic killing for his god

Quote from: "cc la femme"Let's put this "Oz" thing on hold and discuss that after oz experiences more and large islamic attacks.

Check out the 'Extremism' sub-forum. cc's all ''Islamic, Islamic, Islamic''.