The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Which Poster Have You Known the Longest

Started by Anonymous, June 21, 2016, 05:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Love Blob

Let me clear the air here.

I pulled the insurance off my truck a couple of months ago, and it's parked.  Dealing with both my parents death was/is a time consuming affair.  I parked it, and told my clients I'll be back.  I couldn't juggle everything all at once, and towards the end, I was on the verge of a stress-induced breakdown.

That doesn't matter to me, since I will always have work here, running my rig.

The problem now, is...  Is do I want to remain here, or move to the Okanagan?

I can buy outright now, a place that would work for me in the Okanagan...  The issue is, I've made many connections here with my work, and will always find work here.  I'm good at what I do.

There, I am not amongst familiar clients.  The construction companies are different.  The foremen are different.  The other owner/ops, company drivers are different.  The rates are different.

Trust me!  Even though I grew up in the sunny Okanagan every summer, I may be treated as an "outsider," if you will, with my work!  I'm not joking!

I have to decide, through various decisions here, what would be the best solution, long term.

Love Blob

My other option is, since I would be mortgage free, is to just say "screw it" to operating anything.

I could just get some clown $12/hour no stress job, which would probably cover my basic expenses at that point...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Love Blob"My other option is, since I would be mortgage free, is to just say "screw it" to operating anything.

I could just get some clown $12/hour no stress job, which would probably cover my basic expenses at that point...

We will be mortgage free in a year and a few months..

We can hardly wait.

Love Blob

Quote from: "Fashionista"We will be mortgage free in a year and a few months..

We can hardly wait.

It feels good, Fash.

People forget, but only when one is mortgage free, do you truly "own" your home.

Not paid off?  You'll see just what the bank will do if you can't pay!

I will never have a mortgage again in my life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Love Blob"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We will be mortgage free in a year and a few months..

We can hardly wait.

It feels good, Fash.

People forget, but only when one is mortgage free, do you truly "own" your home.

Not paid off?  You'll see just what the bank will do if you can't pay!

I will never have a mortgage again in my life.

We are looking forward to that feeling of freedom and that weight off of our shoulders.