Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Financial Markets Take a Tumble after Brexit Vote

Started by JOE, June 24, 2016, 05:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Herman"I would like to see Canada and the US negotiate the UK's entrance into NAFTA. Kick Mexico out and bring the UK in. Call it TAFTA or Trans Atlantic Free Trade Agreement.

Again Herman, what's wrong with keeping it in the Americas? The rest of the world can fuck off as far as I'm concerned? Fuck the UK, France, Iran, etc, etc. Who needs them? All of everything we need, exists in North , Centeral, and South America.

That question has been answered by two different posters. Having Mexico as a member of NAFTA is bad for Canadian and American workers. They do not pay wages Canadians or Americans can live on, they do not have the same worker safety standards and they do not have the same concern for environmental sustainability. Britain on the other had does. If the choice was between having a Mexico out and Britain in, it is a no brainer.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Here's a shamelessly pilfered pic of exactly how I see it all

https://i.sli.mg/XEcAWk.jpg">

I think that sums things up nicely.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"I would like to see Canada and the US negotiate the UK's entrance into NAFTA. Kick Mexico out and bring the UK in. Call it TAFTA or Trans Atlantic Free Trade Agreement.

Again Herman, what's wrong with keeping it in the Americas? The rest of the world can fuck off as far as I'm concerned? Fuck the UK, France, Iran, etc, etc. Who needs them? All of everything we need, exists in North , Centeral, and South America.

That question has been answered by two different posters. Having Mexico as a member of NAFTA is bad for Canadian and American workers. They do not pay wages Canadians or Americans can live on, they do not have the same worker safety standards and they do not have the same concern for environmental sustainability. Britain on the other had does. If the choice was between having a Mexico out and Britain in, it is a no brainer.

What do you mean "they do not pay wages Canadians and Americans can live on"?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Gallium

Quote from: "RW"

Oh shut up!

Anonymous

I live in Central Ontario. We have lost a lot of good auto parts supplier and assembly jobs to Mexico. Around here they made $20-$30 per hour plus overtime after eight hours, extended medical and pension. In Mexico these factories that have left are paying about $20-$30 per day so I have heard.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

I live in Central Ontario. We have lost a lot of good auto parts supplier and assembly jobs to Mexico. Around here they made $20-$30 per hour plus overtime after eight hours, extended medical and pension. In Mexico these factories that have left are paying about $20-$30 per day so I have heard.
Ahhh I see what you mean.

Is that taking into account how far a dollar goes in Mexico?

I agree that we've lost good paying jobs due to free trade.  We will continue to do so as long as there are places with lower pay scales and standards.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Gallium

Quote from: "cc la femme"STFU Gamellium

I'm on your side ya twot!  :laugh3:

Anonymous

Ahhh I see what you mean.

Is that taking into account how far a dollar goes in Mexico?

I agree that we've lost good paying jobs due to free trade.  We will continue to do so as long as there are places with lower pay scales and standards.

Ah you mean PPP. That I do not know.

This is a sensitive issue where I live. If we had a local referendum on an exit from NAFTA my gut tells me most of us would vote to get out. The provincial government overcharging for power does not help either.

Anonymous

I remember when Chretien, Clinton and that former drug lord president of Mexico, I think it was Salinas signed the agreement. It was supposed to turn Mexico into an advanced nation. All it did was hollow out the auto sector in Canada as the Seoul brother talked about and give the gangs in Mexico new companies to shake down.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gallium"
Quote from: "cc la femme"STFU Gamellium

I'm on your side ya twot!  :laugh3:

Knock it off Gallium or you will be getting a temporary ban. Some of us are interested in this topic and do not want to read your pedo/hating on RW spam.

Twenty Dollars

So if that new carburetor is 30% more you, you'd be ok with it? Or the new washer/dryer, automobile? Most would would go the cheaper route, which perpetuates the whole thing.  Pay workers more, so they can pay more? Still not seeing the logic?

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"I remember when Chretien, Clinton and that former drug lord president of Mexico, I think it was Salinas signed the agreement. It was supposed to turn Mexico into an advanced nation. All it did was hollow out the auto sector in Canada as the Seoul brother talked about and give the gangs in Mexico new companies to shake down.

You can't always get what you want. Better to do business with the Chinese? Tell me about shit wages. There will always be those who can make it cheaper. Why not the Mexicans? They are part of the Americas.

priscilla1961

My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

cc

Quote from: "Herman"I remember when Chretien, Clinton and that former drug lord president of Mexico, I think it was Salinas signed the agreement. It was supposed to turn Mexico into an advanced nation. All it did was hollow out the auto sector in Canada as the Seoul brother talked about and give the gangs in Mexico new companies to shake down.

You can't always get what you want. Better to do business with the Chinese? Tell me about shit wages. There will always be those who can make it cheaper. Why not the Mexicans? They are part of the Americas.

Why should anyone outside of our countries make our goods?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell