The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Worst Medical Procedure

Started by RW, July 04, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"Thanks everyone.  I did and still do have cognitive problems, eyesight, hearing, minor balance problems, nerve damage and brain farts lol  

Holy on the concussions, Renee. I've had several and know they are not fun.

Well in my case that's what happens when you think your tough and you block the plate.

It taught me that there is always someone bigger , stronger and tougher than you are. But the flash of colors on impact and tunnel vision afterwards are pretty cool though.... :laugh3:

Clarity can be really clear.

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "RW"This thread is starting to make me feel queasy.

I suppose knowing the cast on my leg after the first two grafts was 2 colors, white and blood red, doesn't help either. They both came off after about 2 and a half weeks. I do remember a few folks looking a little green after seeing that.

Second graft they took bone from my left hip to put in my leg. When they took the stitches out it popped open. You could see about an inch deep. They butterflied it and it healed...
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"This thread is starting to make me feel queasy.

I suppose knowing the cast on my leg after the first two grafts was 2 colors, white and blood red, doesn't help either. They both came off after about 2 and a half weeks. I do remember a few folks looking a little green after seeing that.

Second graft they took bone from my left hip to put in my leg. When they took the stitches out it popped open. You could see about an inch deep. They butterflied it and it healed...

:swoon:

Annie

Quote from: "Annie"Also the dizziness and head ache are pretty cool too!  :laugh: I've fallen on cement stairs as a kid,  whacked my noggin on a swim locker, fell in the shower and been in a car accident, all each delivering me a nice concussion.

Yeah the dizziness is fun too :laugh3: . The only concussion where I was knocked out was when I was pushed/fell down the stairs and broke my leg. It was probably good that I was out cold and remained that way until EMS got me up the stairs and into the ambulance. When I started to come around the pain in my leg was searing.

The down side was the doctors had to wait 48hrs until my brain went back to normal (yeah, right) before they could attempt to operate and repair my thigh bone. And because of the concussion, they had to be careful of the pain meds they were giving me. So for two days I was completely immobilized  and I got fed Tylenol for a broken thigh bone......worst 48 hours of my life.

Holy shitaki mushrooms, you're lucky to be here!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Annie"Also the dizziness and head ache are pretty cool too!  :laugh: I've fallen on cement stairs as a kid,  whacked my noggin on a swim locker, fell in the shower and been in a car accident, all each delivering me a nice concussion.

Yeah the dizziness is fun too :laugh3: . The only concussion where I was knocked out was when I was pushed/fell down the stairs and broke my leg. It was probably good that I was out cold and remained that way until EMS got me up the stairs and into the ambulance. When I started to come around the pain in my leg was searing.

The down side was the doctors had to wait 48hrs until my brain went back to normal (yeah, right) before they could attempt to operate and repair my thigh bone. And because of the concussion, they had to be careful of the pain meds they were giving me. So for two days I was completely immobilized  and I got fed Tylenol for a broken thigh bone......worst 48 hours of my life.

You too Annie.

Annie

Eww and holy moly Kiebers! That's a lot of surgical work. That must have been friggin painful  :shock:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

Yep Herman, I sure am! Makes me appreciate things a whole lot more. Like when I almost cut my left thumb off. It went on an angle to the bone. If it had been level, the top inch would have been gone lol I think I posted it after stitches awhile back.....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Yep Herman, I sure am! Makes me appreciate things a whole lot more. Like when I almost cut my left thumb off. It went on an angle to the bone. If it had been level, the top inch would have been gone lol I think I posted it after stitches awhile back.....

That is nothing compared to the medical problems you have had.

Annie

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger!

The mind and will yes, but the body, no.

Annie

My body has taken a beating too. I've had a fractured hip, tailbone, broken ribs, fractured spine. I have a few pieces of spine that broke and are still "floating" around. When I move a certain way I can feel and hear the bones grinding.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"My body has taken a beating too. I've had a fractured hip, tailbone, broken ribs, fractured spine. I have a few pieces of spine that broke and are still "floating" around. When I move a certain way I can feel and hear the bones grinding.

A fractured spine? How did that happen?

Annie

Years of accidents and I have ankylosing spondylitis. I've fallen from a light pole, out of trees, on my head from a top bunk, rolled in a car with no seat belt. I guess it never healed properly and when I had an epidural with my son it just made it a whole lot worse.  When I hear my neighbor complain of her sore toe I want to yell: "shut the hell up, you don't know what pain is!" lolol  Oh and I destroyed my right knee while skiing. Went on a jump and landed on sheer ice. I looked down at my body, I looked like a pretzel  :laugh3:

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"

Yeah, I probably am but like I said.....you win this one. You're the real lucky one. Whatever has happened to me or the rest of us, nothing beats surviving what you've been through. :thumbup:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

:howdy:  I should really write a book, but no one would believe it's non fiction.