The best topic

Replies: 8390
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 09:33:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Miscellaneous Thread Derailment

Started by Twenty Dollars, July 06, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Why did Herman close the pipeline thread?

Tubes carrying oil rupture and pollute. What? It's never happened? Their still at work cleaning the gulf or Mex.

Global warming is a fact. Maybe not so much in the frozen north. In the tropics, South Pacific it is something very real. The ocean water is rising. Why not open the thread Herman?

The Gulf of Mexico will take care of itself in the long run. It's been doing it for thousands of years.

TD is as stupid about science as he is about politics, economy, geography or anything besides surfing. Old Jock would be the first to tell anyone that chemicals needed for everyday purposes that could kill thousands of people instantly are being hauled through the major cities of this continent everyday by rail. Agriculture does far more damage to waterways than oil and gas ever did and they don't pay to clean it up either. Pipelines lower carbon emissions not increase it as they take trucks and trains off the road. Producing oil in North America also reduces the need for ships bring foreign oil feedstock to this continent. Besides, it's about time those head chopping Islamists faced some real competition.

This is not about pipelines, but fracking is helping the US reduce carbon emissions in addition to providing American with cheap, abundant energy that Europeans envy.

Chamber: Ban on fracking would kill 15 million jobs

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chamber-ban-on-fracking-would-kill-15-million-jobs/article/2606478?custom_click=rss">http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chamb ... _click=rss">http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chamber-ban-on-fracking-would-kill-15-million-jobs/article/2606478?custom_click=rss

Twenty Dollars

Tubes carrying oil rupture and pollute. What? It's never happened? Their still at work cleaning the gulf or Mex.

Global warming is a fact. Maybe not so much in the frozen north. In the tropics, South Pacific it is something very real. The ocean water is rising. Why not open the thread Herman?

The Gulf of Mexico will take care of itself in the long run. It's been doing it for thousands of years.

Believe what you choose, and best of luck to you and Herman. Clearly you enjoy bullshitting yourselves.

caskur

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Believe what you choose, and best of luck to you and Herman. Clearly you enjoy bullshitting yourselves.

I'm very concerned about the environment... I just about had an epileptic fit when I read about the  two floating islands of plastic garbage in the pacific. Both islands are the size of the American mainland.

They're not selling correct message about global warming because they keep going on about burning fossil fuel... Even if all that stopped tomorrow we would still have a catastrophe because the volcanoes pour emissions into the atmosphere... we're supposed to have emissions pouring into the atmosphere for the trees to thrive... there is one thing wrong with that though... men have destroyed TOO MANY trees... One look a google satellite map of Australia will show that... I want people to understand this and stop what they are doing... I want governments to get serious and stop wrecking virgin growth forests..

global warming is 100% caused by men destroying old growth trees....globally..

Iceland used to have 25% forest... now it is only 1%....
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

kiebers

Please tell me how I am bullshitting myself. The Gulf will take care of itself. Nothing could be clearer than that if you know anything about the Gulf and oil.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

TD is as stupid about science as he is about politics, economy, geography or anything besides surfing. Old Jock would be the first to tell anyone that chemicals needed for everyday purposes that could kill thousands of people instantly are being hauled through the major cities of this continent everyday by rail. Agriculture does far more damage to waterways than oil and gas ever did and they don't pay to clean it up either. Pipelines lower carbon emissions not increase it as they take trucks and trains off the road. Producing oil in North America also reduces the need for ships bring foreign oil feedstock to this continent. Besides, it's about time those head chopping Islamists faced some real competition.

This is not about pipelines, but fracking is helping the US reduce carbon emissions in addition to providing American with cheap, abundant energy that Europeans envy.

Chamber: Ban on fracking would kill 15 million jobs

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chamber-ban-on-fracking-would-kill-15-million-jobs/article/2606478?custom_click=rss">http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chamb ... _click=rss">http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/chamber-ban-on-fracking-would-kill-15-million-jobs/article/2606478?custom_click=rss

True indeed, but don't waste your time and knowledge on an emty vessel like TD. He can't process the information.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "caskur"

I'm very concerned about the environment... I just about had an epileptic fit when I read about the  two floating islands of plastic garbage in the pacific. Both islands are the size of the American mainland.

They're not selling correct message about global warming because they keep going on about burning fossil fuel... Even if all that stopped tomorrow we would still have a catastrophe because the volcanoes pour emissions into the atmosphere... we're supposed to have emissions pouring into the atmosphere for the trees to thrive... there one thing wrong with that though... men have destroyed TOO MANY trees... One look a google satellite map of Australia will show that... I want people to understand this and stop what they are doing... I want governments to get serious and stop wrecking virgin growth forests..

global warming is 100% caused by men destroying old growth trees....globally..

Iceland used to have 25% forest... now it is only 1%....

Wasting your time. These fools only see it the wrong way. Sure thing.... Oil spills in the gulf will take care of itself. Right Kiebers? Drink some more tequila dude.

kiebers

Wasting your time. These fools only see it the wrong way. Sure thing.... Oil spills in the gulf will take care of itself. Right Kiebers? Drink some more tequila dude.

I asked you to tell my how I was bullshitting my self. You got nothing I see. Here are a few facts for you.

The Gulf of Mexico has had between one and five million barrels of oil a year seeping naturally for thousands of years. It is evidenced in Pre-Columbian pottery and art. During the BP spill an existing microbe was discovered that consumes hydro carbons. Makes sense. Mother nature adapts. The Gulf has been taking care of herself far longer than anyone wants to realize. Yes it was the biggest commercial spill, yes it did temporary damage to the eco system. But it's getting cleaned up, and between man and mother nature, this to shall pass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_seep">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_seep

QuoteIn the Gulf of Mexico, there are more than 600 natural oil seeps that leak between one and five million barrels of oil per year, equivalent to roughly 80,000 to 200,000 tonnes.[38]

([38] https://www.nap.edu/read/10388/chapter/4#68">https://www.nap.edu/read/10388/chapter/4#68 )

When a petroleum seep forms underwater it may form a peculiar type of volcano known as an asphalt volcano.

The California Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources published a map of offshore oil seeps from Point Aguello (north of Santa Barbara) to Mexico.[39] In addition, they published a brochure describing the seeps. The brochure also discusses the underground blowout at Platform A which caused the 1969 Santa Barbara oil spill. It also describes accounts from divers, who describe seepage changes after the 1971 San Fernando earthquake.[40]
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

caskur

Well it's not really their fault entirely. I blame the media for falsifying incorrect information and passing it to the masses.....

that aside... no one is policing ships at sea dumping their spent oil in oil changes are they?...

Asians couldn't give a shit about the environment....

The ocean it the critical life of the whole planet and even washing our clothes of synthetic fibre is ending up down drains, pumped out at sea ending up in fish... It's sexy to run around screaming save the sharks when white bait and whiting are THE MOST important fish of all... But you don't hear the Greenie nutcases screaming for their protection.

Plastic of ALL varieties is killing our wildlife and its gone WAY past critically endangered.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

GORDY GAMBINO

ya right about the trees

also population increase mostly blackys

more co 2

kill a blacky and plant a tree on the fucker since that's all he's good for.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

caskur

Don't worry... I'm here now...

You have to learn what to 1. REALLY worry about... and 2. point people in the right direction because otherwise you can digress and politicians and business want people digressing rather than curing the actual cause of our sick planet...

This is really good... sums up man-unkind PERFECTLY...

">
- Andy Warhol

GORDY GAMBINO

RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Odinson

You let posters worse than me to post in the mainboard..

I just want to talk about sex.. Let me in the private polka..

In this land of equality, women still want to cook for us and obey us.. You think that comes from our ability to change babys diapers?? :D

I got so much to teach you grasshoppers about how to love a woman.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Well it's not really their fault entirely. I blame the media for falsifying incorrect information and passing it to the masses.....

that aside... no one is policing ships at sea dumping their spent oil in oil changes are they?...

Asians couldn't give a shit about the environment....

The ocean it the critical life of the whole planet and even washing our clothes of synthetic fibre is ending up down drains, pumped out at sea ending up in fish... It's sexy to run around screaming save the sharks when white bait and whiting are THE MOST important fish of all... But you don't hear the Greenie nutcases screaming for their protection.

Plastic of ALL varieties is killing our wildlife and its gone WAY past critically endangered.

Oh goody, a racist and hypocritical idiot. What did you use to post this jibberish? Was it rainbows and and a gentle breeze? It was made from petroleum products and from rare earth metals mined in China with tailings ponds. If you want anyone to take you seriously, move into a cave, walk everywhere, use only clothing made from animal hides and live a hunter gatherer lifestyle, which of course cannot sustain seven billion people.

Nobody is going to take you seriously as long as you use products made from petrochemicals twenty four hours a day. This is not to mention metals, potash and modern houses which are very carbon intensive during the building phase.

caskur

I come from a state that used to have 300 sheep per person.... over 300 million sheep that feed and clothed to world smart arse... If it wasn't for MY state, you wouldn't have a pot to piss in since we've been holding up the entire planet for decades...
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Seoul, is right..

In my province, Alberta we have a new carbon tax that will cost my family up to one thousand dollars per year, but even our premier admits will not change climate at all.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview