The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Financial Markets Take a Tumble after Brexit Vote

Started by JOE, June 24, 2016, 05:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Love Blob

Twenty Dollars speaks quite highly of "free trade, and free market."

Twenty Dollars is also enjoying the lifestyle he is, due to his Union pension from his employer.

Twenty Dollars should not forget, that if the "free market" truly dictated wages and benefits, he wouldn't have the same retirement as he does now...

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Herman"I would like to see Canada and the US negotiate the UK's entrance into NAFTA. Kick Mexico out and bring the UK in. Call it TAFTA or Trans Atlantic Free Trade Agreement.

What's wrong with keeping it in the Americas Herm? Brown skin?

A developed economy that pays similar wages to the US and Canada or a corrupt narco-state. Use your little pea-sized brain Gomer.

That's called protectionism. Prices rise, wages become stagnant. So after a time, workers can't afford the shit they make. That new ford you have your heart set on will cost 30% more. Pea sized brain? Think again.

That's not protectionism. Protectionism is the super high tariffs or rules Japan and Korea employ to artificially protect their auto sectors from competition. NAFTA with Mexico is a bad trade deal for Canada. Former pm Chretien did not have put the interests of Canadians who elected him first when he signed it.

Herman what's it  going to take for Canadian workers to continue to work and make a good wage? Tariffs, taxes that your Gov. would assess to keep foreign products competive with products manufactured in Canada, if you all choose to go that way. Do you mean your PM screwed all Canadians,  or just the workers? Trump is proposing the same, tariffs and taxes to bring jobs back to the US. Protect the workers, who soon can no longer afford the stuff they make. Its already happend to skilled trades, police, fire fighters, teachers, people who can't afford to live where they work.

What's it going to take for TD to comprehend what peoplevare writing? Herman id not opposed to trade. He's opposed to NAFTA.

Please listen and read what I have posted. Do t care what Herman or CC say. Not even sure you know what youre saying. Know that Canada bought into NAFTA. A good thing for Canadians. At the same time, you all bitch and moan about it, because Canadian workers can no longer be competive. It's the way it is. @ the same time Canadians enjoy cheaper prices on imports. You'd all be lying if you say you don't take avanage of this situation. Maybe protectionism is something Canadians want? In the long run, it would benefit no one.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "cc la femme"Strangely, regardless of cost of goods, people who have a good job can purchase much more than people not having a good job

Who wooda thot?

Even stranger, our proclaimed surfer seems to think that a few rich and many poor is a good thing

Who wooda thot?

Some how CC, your enuendo proves my point. The economy, trade, and jobs are never Disney like, because people are people, and this is where it always falls apart. BUY CANADIAN? Don't think you will, because it cost more, or it plain is not made where you live. Canadian markets are flooded with cheaper Imports. This is what most Canadians want, just like in the states. Don't see this changing anytime soon.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Love Blob"Twenty Dollars speaks quite highly of "free trade, and free market."

Twenty Dollars is also enjoying the lifestyle he is, due to his Union pension from his employer.

Twenty Dollars should not forget, that if the "free market" truly dictated wages and benefits, he wouldn't have the same retirement as he does now...

I don't forget.  I am also aware that I generally have choice when it comes to purchasing goods in the States. The best part is I can spend as I see fit, just like all of you.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "cc la femme"protecting our people is what it's called .. a concept you seem to not like in preference to having many poor and a few rich as exists today

You have become quite a drama queen with all the scary intended to degrade terms .. as vs dealing with horrendous (and stoopit) trade imbalance

enlightened  :laugh: .. where's your nazi half when we need it?

More enuendo CC? Do I piss you off when you describe how it should be, and I explain why it isn't  I do believe Mexico will one day own Canada. Mexico has many more resources, as I explained before.  Let's have a discussion, or do you prefer tit for tat?

Anonymous

Please listen and read what I have posted. Do t care what Herman or CC say. Not even sure you know what youre saying. Know that Canada bought into NAFTA. A good thing for Canadians. At the same time, you all bitch and moan about it, because Canadian workers can no longer be competive. It's the way it is. @ the same time Canadians enjoy cheaper prices on imports. You'd all be lying if you say you don't take avanage of this situation. Maybe protectionism is something Canadians want? In the long run, it would benefit no one.

You have no idea of how NAFTA has affected Canada. You are going on about free trade as an idea without knowing anything of the arrangement you are speaking about.

I am a free trader. My province exports over 50 per cent of our agricultural products and natural resources. It's good for working Saskatchewan workers. NAFTA as it was signed by our former pm does not benefit Canadian workers and not even Canadian auto prices. It was a sellout of Canadians.

Twenty Dollars

You have no idea of how NAFTA has affected Canada. You are going on about free trade as an idea without knowing anything of the arrangement you are speaking about.

I am a free trader. My province exports over 50 per cent of our agricultural products and natural resources. It's good for working Saskatchewan workers. NAFTA as it was signed by our former pm does not benefit Canadian workers and not even Canadian auto prices. It was a sellout of Canadians.

Sorry Herman. Let's agree to disagree.

Anonymous

The original idea was to make Mexico a first world nation. Did Clinton and Chretien really believe that was going to be the result?

Love Blob

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I do believe Mexico will one day own Canada. Mexico has many more resources, as I explained before.

Mexico?  Um, no.  Mexico is owning the States right now, with their influx of illegals and nothing else.

Canada does thank you though, for absorbing them like a tampon, before they reach our borders.

Canada has resources also.  Properly handled, we could make things work.  Nonetheless, the US is our largest trading partner (both ways, I believe), so it is what it is!

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Love Blob"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I do believe Mexico will one day own Canada. Mexico has many more resources, as I explained before.

Mexico?  Um, no.  Mexico is owning the States right now, with their influx of illegals and nothing else.

Canada does thank you though, for absorbing them like a tampon, before they reach our borders.

Canada has resources also.  Properly handled, we could make things work.  Nonetheless, the US is our largest trading partner (both ways, I believe), so it is what it is!

Blob they exist in your country as well, not to mention Guatamalans, Hondurans, Salvadorenos, Costa Ricans. You think they are all Mexicans. Are you worried about losing your job? Maybe you don't work? I don't. Mostly surf, people watch, visiting, riding my bike. Brown skinned folks don't seem to be so full of themselves. Really wouldn't expect anyone here to get that.

Anonymous

The original idea was to make Mexico a first world nation. Did Clinton and Chretien really believe that was going to be the result?

The former pm and president signed a deal with a frickin drug kingpin, Carlos Salinas.

Anonymous

The former pm and president signed a deal with a frickin drug kingpin, Carlos Salinas.

There other countries in Latin America that might have been a better fit for NAFTA. Chile for example. Could have called it AFTA. At the very least Mexico's full membership should have been phased in over a long period of time and only after reaching certain benchmarks.

Anonymous

We should make an offer to Britain to join NAFTA and kick Mexico out. Call it TAFTA.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"We should make an offer to Britain to join NAFTA and kick Mexico out. Call it TAFTA.

There would be support for that where I live.