Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Re: David Suzuki: What A Sleazy Hypocrit

Started by Anonymous, February 03, 2013, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Yeah I have no real personal feeling about the man. Until his craziness affects me he is free to be a nut all he wants. That doesn't mean I can't call him a loon based on my observations.

Okay, you have no personal feeling about the man. You just think he's a crazy loon. Got it.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Renee"Yeah I have no real personal feeling about the man. Until his craziness affects me he is free to be a nut all he wants. That doesn't mean I can't call him a loon based on my observations.

Okay, you have no personal feeling about the man. You just think he's a crazy loon. Got it.

You are confusing personal opinion with emotion.

I think you are a crazy loon as well but I have no feeling about you either. You could disappear tomorrow and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference in my life.

Sorry to sound harsh but that's reality, it doesn't mean anything. You are just a person behind a persona. Do you think to the average person David Suzuki is any different?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Real Woman"
Since when do extremists ever see themselves as extreme?

I really don't care what you see or how you view it. Don't think for one second that Suzuki isn't one of those megalomaniac dickheads that wouldn't attempt to make a colleague's life uncomfortable if that colleague decided to criticize or give an accurate character description.

WTF do you know about the guy or working with or for him?  Do YOU know anyone who has worked with or for him?  Oh.  I have!  I can say my former boss, who worked for him was no extremist unless you consider extreme niceness criminal then she stands convicted.

My point is Renee, you know fuck all and are talking out of your ass.  But hey, thanks for coming out anyway.

So your former boss was a nice person. Like that doesn't taint your opinion.  :lol:

Get real FFS. Talk about talking out your ass.

Did you eat a batch of bad mushrooms today or something?

What do YOU have to go on Renee other than sweet fuck all?

Typical fucking righties.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

WTF do you know about the guy or working with or for him?  Do YOU know anyone who has worked with or for him?  Oh.  I have!  I can say my former boss, who worked for him was no extremist unless you consider extreme niceness criminal then she stands convicted.

My point is Renee, you know fuck all and are talking out of your ass.  But hey, thanks for coming out anyway.

So your former boss was a nice person. Like that doesn't taint your opinion.  :lol:

Do you think your personal perceptions don't taint your opinion??? Are you serious?

I think the bad shrooms crack was a bit of projection. Either that or you are just naturally delusional.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

At the end of the day, it's ALL personal perception ya ninny.

I don't agree with you on pretty much anything yet I wouldn't go around shit talking you as a general poster.  See how that works?  Your opinions don't colour who you or your behaviour for me.  There are people I agree with strongly that I think are total cunts.  My point is that disagreeing or agreeing in principles doesn't make a person great to work with or not a dick head.  Why you don't get that is beyond me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Do you think your personal perceptions don't taint your opinion??? Are you serious?

I think the bad shrooms crack was a bit of projection. Either that or you are just naturally delusional.

she is indeed delusional.....it is simply a matter of degree on any given subject.....a character trait common to loons.....thus the AMA designation of liberalism as a mental disease....personally i think they are not worth the cure.......carry on

Anonymous

More personal experiences here from people who have met Mr. Sunshine, David Suzuki.
QuoteI absolutely hate David Suzuki. For those of you who don't know him, he was the host of an awesome educational show in Canada called The Nature of Things. As the host of this show, Suzuki became a beloved public educator. On this show he came off as soft-spoken, kind, and wise. For all appearances he was Carl Sagen, Mr. Rogers, and Bob Ross all rolled into one.

Well, unlike these giants, David Suzuki is nothing like the man he played on TV -- he is an arrogant asshole who would rather tell his fans to piss off than give them a minute of his time and encourage their activism. He's known for telling kids to "get lost," even after spending a decade curating an image of warmth and patience on his show. Could you imagine if a kid went up to thank Fred Rodgers to tell him how his show was really important to them, and then Mr. Rogers looked down at them like they were scum for even speaking to him? Well that's David, fucking, Suzuki.

On top of his cancerous personality, Suzuki gave up on real science long ago. Now he just spouts fallacies from behind a podium and bullies his opponents with the credibility he earned long ago. Suzuki is a donkey, and he is a major liability to the environmental movement. I hope he chokes.

and
QuoteI was in Vancouver airport a few years ago in the Air Canada lounge and unknowingly sat near David Suzuki.

I saw a few people say hi to him, and each time he gave them a death glare and told one young business woman to get lost after she came up and said he was her inspiration for being something or other.

He just seemed like a dick.

For RW's pals
QuoteEvery person that I know who has had the misfortune of dealing Suzuki has said the same thing. If you work as a technician at any stage he is set to speak at, expect him to pretend you don't exist until he gets cranky and wants to complain.

RW

Oh Shen.  You haven't had the joy of being pestered relentlessly every time you go out in public.  You'd last two seconds before the claws would come out.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"More personal experiences here from people who have met Mr. Sunshine, David Suzuki.
QuoteI absolutely hate David Suzuki. For those of you who don't know him, he was the host of an awesome educational show in Canada called The Nature of Things. As the host of this show, Suzuki became a beloved public educator. On this show he came off as soft-spoken, kind, and wise. For all appearances he was Carl Sagen, Mr. Rogers, and Bob Ross all rolled into one.

Well, unlike these giants, David Suzuki is nothing like the man he played on TV -- he is an arrogant asshole who would rather tell his fans to piss off than give them a minute of his time and encourage their activism. He's known for telling kids to "get lost," even after spending a decade curating an image of warmth and patience on his show. Could you imagine if a kid went up to thank Fred Rodgers to tell him how his show was really important to them, and then Mr. Rogers looked down at them like they were scum for even speaking to him? Well that's David, fucking, Suzuki.

On top of his cancerous personality, Suzuki gave up on real science long ago. Now he just spouts fallacies from behind a podium and bullies his opponents with the credibility he earned long ago. Suzuki is a donkey, and he is a major liability to the environmental movement. I hope he chokes.

and
QuoteI was in Vancouver airport a few years ago in the Air Canada lounge and unknowingly sat near David Suzuki.

I saw a few people say hi to him, and each time he gave them a death glare and told one young business woman to get lost after she came up and said he was her inspiration for being something or other.

He just seemed like a dick.

For RW's pals
QuoteEvery person that I know who has had the misfortune of dealing Suzuki has said the same thing. If you work as a technician at any stage he is set to speak at, expect him to pretend you don't exist until he gets cranky and wants to complain.

His name came up today at work..

One of the ladies I worked with and her husband met him personally while her husband was preparing his stage for an eve in Calgary..

I don't want to take sides on this, so I will keep to myself their opinions of David Suzuki's personality.

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"At the end of the day, it's ALL personal perception ya ninny.

I don't agree with you on pretty much anything yet I wouldn't go around shit talking you as a general poster.  See how that works?  Your opinions don't colour who you or your behaviour for me.  There are people I agree with strongly that I think are total cunts.  My point is that disagreeing or agreeing in principles doesn't make a person great to work with or not a dick head.  Why you don't get that is beyond me.

Okay, you are delusional.

Let's face facts shall we, I know that's hard for people like you but please try. There are plenty of posters around that you disagree with and you never miss an opportunity to slam or shit talk them. Don't make me call out names.

Why you would treat me any differently, I have no idea.

Let's look at the difference between me and you. On this issue my opinion is based on Suzuki's sociopolitical and environmental point of view, while yours is based on the fact that you once worked with a person that worked for Suzuki and that person was wheeely wheeely nice to you. Who has the more valid opinion in this and does it really matter? But at least I can hang my hat on what is known fact while you are leaning on an emotional attachment to a former member of David Suzuki's foundation. You see how that works?????

Anonymous

Let's look at the difference between me and you. On this issue my opinion is based on Suzuki's sociopolitical and environmental point of view, while yours is based on the fact that you once worked with a person that worked for Suzuki and that person was wheeely wheeely nice to you. Who has the more valid opinion in this and does it really matter? But at least I can hang my hat on what is known fact while you are leaning on an emotional attachment to a former member of David Suzuki's foundation. You see how that works?????

Definitely you Renee. Everything I have heard and read is that Suzuki is one rude, nasty, arrogant piece of work. Whether one believes his "science" is up to them. What is not is that most people who have worked for him and did not kiss his ass or Gawd forbid ask him a question he does not like have all been the recipients of his contempt for them.
QuotePosted on: 02/22/2007 16:16

A good friend of my husband took a course from David Suzuki at UBC in the '70's. He was arrogant and rude as a prof. My husband refuses to watch "The Nature of Things" because he finds Suzuki so annoying. Maybe none of this reflects on his environmental work. But I do get the feeling that he is a bit of a publicity hound, and not really respected that much by some other scientists. He has made himself into a sort of envirnmental guru

RW

Quote from: "Real Woman"At the end of the day, it's ALL personal perception ya ninny.

Okay, you are delusional.

Let's face facts shall we, I know that's hard for people like you but please try. There are plenty of posters around that you disagree with and you never miss an opportunity to slam or shit talk them. Don't make me call out names.

Why you would treat me any differently, I have no idea.

It was an example Renee.  

See here in lies the problem.  Apples vs oranges.  I challenged the opinion that he's a sleaze bag basing it on the opinions of those who have worked directly with him and for him - not someone who pestered him at breakfast.  We are talking specifically about HIS BEHAVIOUR AS A PERSON.  We aren't talking about his sociopolitical or environmental POV.  

Now do YOU see how this works?

LTFR!!!!!!
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Definitely you Renee. Everything I have heard and read is that Suzuki is one rude, nasty, arrogant piece of work. Whether one believes his "science" is up to them. What is not is that most people who have worked for him and did not kiss his ass or Gawd forbid ask him a question he does not like have all been the recipients of his contempt for them.

Thanks Shen for pointing out we are talking about the guy's personality.  Renee didn't get that memo.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Thanks Shen for pointing out we are talking about the guy's personality.  Renee didn't get that memo.

Look dipshit if you were following along like you should have been then you would understand that I do not give a rats ass about his personal character or personality. All I said was that from what I know of David Suzuki he appears to be an extremist and a nut and that he probably attracts people to his foundation that are of like mind and since they work for his fundation they probably aren't going to publically criticize him.

Now you being the belligerent asshole that you have turned into of late proceeded to argue that I didn't know what I was talking about because someone who once worked for him was nice to you. :lol:  

WTF, bitch???

Do you not see just how fucking stupid you look at this point? Probably not because that would be so completely uncharacteristic of you.

Anonymous

I like what little I know about David Suzuki, which compared to other posters is not very much..

But, I do not think I would use insults on anyone here even if I did know a lot about him..

I like interacting with all of you here much better.

:)