The best topic

Replies: 10363
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:57:54 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Honored be thy name

Started by shin, July 22, 2016, 09:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Honour killings anyone?

Hey Shen Li

I've heard of honor killings, but I was unsure if this is something protected by law anywhere. What are some examples of justifiable reasons to kill for honor?

The Napoleonic Code Article 324 which was passed in 1810 permitted the murders of an unfaithful wife and her lover at the hand of her husband. It was abolished only in 1975. It's ironic, but France's 1810 penal code Article 324 passed by Napoleon was copied by Middle Eastern Arab countries.

France's Article 324 inspired laws in other Arab countries such as:

Algeria's 1991 Penal Code Article 279

Egypt's 1937 Penal Code no. 58 Article 237

Iraq's 1966 Penal Code Article 409

Jordan's 1960 Penal Code no. 16 Article 340

Kuwait's Penal Code Article 153

Lebanon's Penal Code Articles 193, 252, 253 and 562 These were amended in 1983, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 1999 and were eventually repealed by the Lebanese Parliament on August 4, 2011

Libya's Penal Code Article 375

Morocco's 1963 amended Penal Code Article 418

Oman's Penal Code Article 252

Palestine, which had two codes

Jordan's 1960 Penal Code 1960 in the West Bank and British Mandate Criminal Code Article 18 in the Gaza Strip These were respectively repealed by Article 1 and Article 2 and both by Article 3 of the 2011 Law no. 71 which was signed on May 5, 2011 by President Mahmoud Abbas into the October 10, 2011 Official Gazette no. 91 applying in the Criminal Code of Palestine's Northern Governorates and Southern Governorates

Syria's 1953 amended 1949 Penal Code Article 548

Tunisia's 1991 Penal Code Article 207 (which was repealed)

United Arab Emirate's law no.3/1978 Article 334

Yemen's law no. 12/1994 Article 232

Thanks, Herman.

i would have never guessed that Napoleon had something to do with it.

Who would have thought that Napoleon inspired sharia law?

ac_wot

Bullshit, the Napoleonic code does not legalize or condone "Honor Killings".

Article 324 States that murder committed against a wife by her husband is not excusable unless in cases of self defense or in cases of adultery where the husband walks in on his wife in the middle of the act of adultery with another man. It must also take place in the house where the husband and wife dwell.

In other words, it's what would be termed "a crime of passion".

Honor killings are more often that not premeditated acts of murder.

I've seen this bullshit excuse and reasoning before and it's pure crap.

Be careful Fash.....this place is in danger of rapidly becoming "Jahdi Watch Part 2".  :negative:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Hey Shen Li

I've heard of honor killings, but I was unsure if this is something protected by law anywhere. What are some examples of justifiable reasons to kill for honor?

The Napoleonic Code Article 324 which was passed in 1810 permitted the murders of an unfaithful wife and her lover at the hand of her husband. It was abolished only in 1975. It's ironic, but France's 1810 penal code Article 324 passed by Napoleon was copied by Middle Eastern Arab countries.

Lebanon's Penal Code Articles 193, 252, 253 and 562 These were amended in 1983, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 1999 and were eventually repealed by the Lebanese Parliament on August 4, 2011

Jordan's 1960 Penal Code 1960 in the West Bank and British Mandate Criminal Code Article 18 in the Gaza Strip These were respectively repealed by Article 1 and Article 2 and both by Article 3 of the 2011 Law no. 71 which was signed on May 5, 2011 by President Mahmoud Abbas into the October 10, 2011 Official Gazette no. 91 applying in the Criminal Code of Palestine's Northern Governorates and Southern Governorates

Thanks, Herman.

ac_wot

Article 324 States that murder committed against a wife by her husband is not excusable unless in cases of self defense or in cases of adultery where the husband walks in on his wife in the middle of the act of adultery with another man. It must also take place in the house where the husband and wife dwell.

Be careful Fash.....this place is danger of rapidly becoming "Jahdi Watch Part 2".  :negative:

I did not mean it literally Renee.

:001_rolleyes:

Renee

Hey Shen Li

Thanks, Herman.

ac_wot

Be careful Fash.....this place is danger of rapidly becoming "Jahdi Watch Part 2".  :negative:

I did not mean it literally Renee.

:001_rolleyes:

I know you didn't.

Just setting the record straight before this thread degenerates into another candidate for the extremism forum.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

QuoteBullshit, the Napoleonic code does not legalize or condone "Honor Killings".

Be careful Fash.....this place is in danger of rapidly becoming "Jahdi Watch Part 2".

Renee, I lived in the Islamo shit holes of the Middle East and South Asia long enough to know the difference between crimes of passion and honor killings. I would have preferred France pre 1975 anyday over anything governed by Islamists. I am just pointing out how it influenced middle East nations penal codes. Some of those countries were of course former French colonies.

Renee

QuoteBullshit, the Napoleonic code does not legalize or condone "Honor Killings".

Be careful Fash.....this place is in danger of rapidly becoming "Jahdi Watch Part 2".

Renee, I lived in the Islamo shit holes of the Middle East and South Asia long enough to know the difference between crimes of passion and honor killings. I would have preferred France pre 1975 anyday over anything governed by Islamists. I am just pointing out how it influenced middle East nations penal codes. Some of those countries were of course former French colonies.

Understood, I just don't want to perpetuate the myth that the Napoleonic Code excuses or condones so called "honor killings". That's pure bullshit used by the apologists of radical Islam. It's a perversion of history used for a dangerous sociopolitical agenda.

That shit makes my blood boil. It's no different than that bitch Michelle Obama who recently stated that slaves built the Whitehouse. Anyone with a brain knows that's a half truth and an insult to the actual white Irish and Scottish craftsman and stone masons who performed most of the actual construction work. But the left and their cronies in the media will beat on about it, until it becomes ingrained in the minds of the uninformed.

Anonymous

Infidelity was a crime in Taiwan at one time and may still be on the books even if it is rarely enforced..

I think most countries at times made allowances for crimes of passion.

Anonymous

Understood, I just don't want to perpetuate the myth that the Napoleonic Code excuses or condones so called "honor killings". That's pure bullshit used by the apologists of radical Islam. It's a perversion of history used for a dangerous sociopolitical agenda.

That shit makes my blood boil. It's no different than that bitch Michelle Obama who recently stated that slaves built the Whitehouse. Anyone with a brain knows that's a half truth and an insult to the actual white Irish and Scottish craftsman and stone masons who performed most of the actual construction work. But the left and their cronies in the media will beat on about it, until it becomes ingrained in the minds of the uninformed.

Very true Renee. But, i do not think that is what Herman was saying.

Anonymous

Would that be considered a racist insult in the USA to say that Renee?

Renee

It's not exactly racist....but it certainly qualifies as race baiting.

Besides, according to the sociopolitical left, you can't be racist towards white people. White people aren't capable of being discriminated against.  :laugh3:

If you believe that, I have a beautiful bridge for sale. Interested in a large purchase? :laugh3:

Anonymous

QuoteIt's not exactly racist....but it certainly qualifies as race baiting.

That's how I should have worded it Renee?

Anonymous

It's not exactly racist....but it certainly qualifies as race baiting.

Besides, according to the sociopolitical left, you can't be racist towards white people. White people aren't capable of being discriminated against.  :laugh3:

If you believe that, I have a beautiful bridge for sale. Interested in a large purchase? :laugh3:

Renee, unless I would hate to be a working class white American. I would hate to be told the big lie how privileged I was.

Anonymous

Race baiting. :negative:

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I remember in Ireland, people would say the Irish built America. Germans and Italians also had exaggerated claims. No big deal in my opinion. But, if Irish-Americans, German-Americans or Italian-Americans say that, they are race baiting? That is so stupid.

Anonymous

I remember in Ireland, people would say the Irish built America. Germans and Italians also had exaggerated claims. No big deal in my opinion. But, if Irish-Americans, German-Americans or Italian-Americans say that, they are race baiting? That is so stupid.

It shouldn't be a big deal.

Anonymous

Maybe you are missing some details Herman.

Perhaps Renee, could explain further why it is considered race baiting?