Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Good food Fashionista.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Does Fashionista really make this food?

Yes, but not always on the day that I post them..

I plan a menu a week in advance and I am always looking for new recipes..

Tonight is meatless Monday and we are having this along with bok choy and a miso broth..

Frozen Fruttare strawberry and yogurt bars for dessert.

Vegetable Fried Rice

Ingredients:

•1/4 cup soy sauce

•3 tbsp dry white wine or rice wine

•2 tbsp peanut oil

•2 cloves garlic, minced

•1 carrot, sliced

•1 green bell pepper, diced

•1/2 cup green peas

•4 cups pre-cooked leftover rice

Preparation:

Whisk together the soy sauce and wine and set aside.

Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the garlic and fry for one minute, stirring. Add the carrot, green pepper and peas. Stir-fry for one or two more minutes, then add the eftover rice, stirring frequently.

Pour the soy sauce and wine over the rice, and stir until well combined and the rice is hot.

Odinson

Sounds good even though I don´t know what "tbsp" means...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Sounds good even though I don´t know what "tbsp" means...

tablespoon

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"Sounds good even though I don´t know what "tbsp" means...

tablespoon

Thank you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i really like Chinese food.....but i love love love loooooove Korean food...it just assaults your taste buds in the right way and kicks ass......comes in three flavors hotter-hottest-and so fucking hot you can`t breathe after you take a bite.......yummy

I hate to admit it, but Korean food is tastier than Chinese. The soups are the best I have ever had in my life. From sollangtang to daeng jang chi gae to kabi tang or even cold neang myon they are soooooo good and served with all those yummy pickled veggies.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"i really like Chinese food.....but i love love love loooooove Korean food...it just assaults your taste buds in the right way and kicks ass......comes in three flavors hotter-hottest-and so fucking hot you can`t breathe after you take a bite.......yummy

I hate to admit it, but Korean food is tastier than Chinese. The soups are the best I have ever had in my life. From sollangtang to daeng jang chi gae to kabi tang or even cold neang myon they are soooooo good and served with all those yummy pickled veggies.

I like Japanese sushi too or some Thai food too. Just like OL, I think Korean food is an explosion of flavour.

Anonymous

Tonight is vegeatrian Monday and I made vegeatrian Korean bibimbap with a miso soup.

Ingredients

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup minced garlic

1/3 cup chopped green onion

4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

3 cup sun cooked glutinous (sticky) white rice, rinsed

6 1/2 cups water

4 dried shiitake mushrooms

1 pound fresh spinach, washed and chopped

12 ounces cucumber, julienned

12 ounces carrots, julienned

sesame oil

8 ounces fresh bean sprouts

6 eggs

6 sheets dried seaweed, crumbled

6 tablespoons sesame oil

1/4 cup chili bean paste (Kochujang)

Directions

1. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.

2. Combine shiitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup hot water in a small bowl, and soak for about 10 minutes, until pliable. Trim off and discard the stems. Thinly slice the caps. Set aside.

3. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add spinach to the water just long enough to wilt the leaves, and then drain and pat dry. Set aside. Combine cucumber and carrots in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

4. Preheat wok over medium-high heat. Cook carrots and cucumbers in a small amount of sesame oil to soften, stirring frequently. Remove from pan, and set aside. Add a small amount of sesame oil to the pan, and cook spinach in sesame oil for a minute or two. Remove spinach from pan,and set aside.

5. Brush each bowl with sesame oil to coat. Divide the rice into the bowls, and gently pack to the bottom (the rice should sizzle as you arrange). Arrange the cucumbers and carrots, bean sprouts, greens, shiitake mushrooms, and beef mixture over each potion of rice. Immediately before serving , add one raw egg yolk to each bowl, drizzle with about a tablespoon of sesame oil, and top with the nori. Serve Kochujang sauce as a condiment.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Tonight is vegeatrian Monday and I made vegeatrian Korean bibimbap with a miso soup.

Ingredients

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup minced garlic

6 1/2 cups water

sesame oil

6 eggs

6 tablespoons sesame oil

Directions

1. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.

2. Combine shiitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup hot water in a small bowl, and soak for about 10 minutes, until pliable. Trim off and discard the stems. Thinly slice the caps. Set aside.

3. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add spinach to the water just long enough to wilt the leaves, and then drain and pat dry. Set aside. Combine cucumber and carrots in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

4. Preheat wok over medium-high heat. Cook carrots and cucumbers in a small amount of sesame oil to soften, stirring frequently. Remove from pan, and set aside. Add a small amount of sesame oil to the pan, and cook spinach in sesame oil for a minute or two. Remove spinach from pan,and set aside.

5. Brush each bowl with sesame oil to coat. Divide the rice into the bowls, and gently pack to the bottom (the rice should sizzle as you arrange). Arrange the cucumbers and carrots, bean sprouts, greens, shiitake mushrooms, and beef mixture over each potion of rice. Immediately before serving , add one raw egg yolk to each bowl, drizzle with about a tablespoon of sesame oil, and top with the nori. Serve Kochujang sauce as a condiment.

Miso is like daeng jang, but with less stuff in it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Tonight is vegeatrian Monday and I made vegeatrian Korean bibimbap with a miso soup.

Ingredients

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup minced garlic

6 1/2 cups water

sesame oil

6 eggs

6 tablespoons sesame oil

Directions

Miso is like daeng jang, but with less stuff in it.

Both are good, but miso is only a light broth with the meal. Whereas Korean chigaes are a meal.

Anonymous

Spicy Salt and Pepper Spareribs

Ingredients:

•2 1/2 pounds boneless meaty spareribs or pork shoulder

•2 tablespoons sea salt

•2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper

•1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder

•3 to 4 cups oil for deep-frying, or as needed

•3 tablespoons cornstarch, or as needed

Preparation:

Stir-fry the salt and black pepper in a heavy frying pan over medium-low heat, shaking the pan, until the salt darkens. Remove from the heat and stir-in the five-spice powder. Cool.

Cut the spareribs along the individual bones. Rub lightly with salt and pepper mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

About 10 minutes on the barbeque..

Normally they are deep fried, but my husband prefers everything barbequed to deep fried.

Anonymous

Ginger beef

Ingredients:

•1 lb flank steak

•1 teaspoon salt

•1 egg white

•1 tablespoon cornstarch

•1/2 cup preserved red ginger, julienne

•1/4 cup fresh red pepper, julienne

•1 scallion, julienne

•1 tablespoon sesame seed oil

•Sauce:

•2 tablespoons hoisin sauce

•1 tablespoon dark soy sauce

•4 tablespoons chicken stock

•1 teaspoon cornstarch

•Other:

•2 to 4 cups oil for deep-frying

•1 tablespoon oil for stir-frying

Preparation:Trim fat from beef. Cut across grain into strips 3-inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide. Cut again, and julienne. Combine beef, salt, egg white, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Mix well with hand. Heat oil in wok. Deep-fry beef 1 minute. Drain. Remove. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.

Reheat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok. Stir-fry red ginger, red pepper, and scallion 1 minute. Pour in sauce. Bring to boil. Pour in beef.

Stir-fry 30 seconds. Add sesame seed oil. Stir-fry quickly until thoroughly heated.

May be prepared in advance through combining sauce ingredients in bowl. Do not freeze.

Anonymous

Baked orange pork chops tonight.

Ingredients:

•4 boneless pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)

•1/3 cup orange juice

•1 tablespoon soy sauce

•1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

•1 shallot, chopped

•1/4 teaspoon chili sauce (or chili sauce with garlic)

Preparation:

Rinse the pork chops in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Combine the remaining ingredients. Place the chops in zip-locked plastic bags with the marinade. Seal and refrigerate overnight, turning the bags occasionally to make sure the marinade covers all the pork chop.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the chops from the bags. Bake the pork chops for 30 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Serves 4.

Odinson

I made many mushroom/blue cheese snacks today.

A hunk of blue cheese stuffed into a mushroom and then wrapped in bacon.

You´ll have to cook it.

It´s simple but it´s fucking good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I made many mushroom/blue cheese snacks today.

A hunk of blue cheese stuffed into a mushroom and then wrapped in bacon.

You´ll have to cook it.

It´s simple but it´s fucking good.

I don't like blue cheese, but my husband does..

Thanks for the tip, I will have to try it.

:)