Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Registered Guest

Quote from: "Fashionista"Do you think this thread should be locked?

Maybe the word Asian should be dropped?

I put a lot of thought into my response to your question.

"Do you think this thread should be locked?"

I say "no", to me, the word "Asian", describes a type of food, similarly as, Chinese, or German,French or American, etc indicates a type of food.

If I want Spanish type food, I would look for a "Spanish type restaurant", not German, French or Canadian.

Hope that helps.

R.G.
I don\'t need to remember what I did yesterday, I only need to remember what I am doing tomorrow. Today, is the here and now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Registered Guest"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Do you think this thread should be locked?

Maybe the word Asian should be dropped?

I put a lot of thought into my response to your question.

"Do you think this thread should be locked?"

I say "no", to me, the word "Asian", describes a type of food, similarly as, Chinese, or German,French or American, etc indicates a type of food.

If I want Spanish type food, I would look for a "Spanish type restaurant", not German, French or Canadian.

Hope that helps.

R.G.

It helps a lot Registered Guest..

I am so happy you joined us.

ac_smile

priscilla1961

There are 22 pages of delicious recipes.
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Registered Guest

Quote from: "priscilla1961"There are 22 pages of delicious recipes.

Yes, I know.

I have been following this site around the internet for a long time.  ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny
I don\'t need to remember what I did yesterday, I only need to remember what I am doing tomorrow. Today, is the here and now.

Anonymous

Yes, I know.

I have been following this site around the internet for a long time.  ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny  ac_toofunny

Do you like East Asian cuisine RG? What's your fave, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese?

Registered Guest

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Yes, I know.

Do you like East Asian cuisine RG? What's your fave, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese?

I like hot spices, that you can actually taste, not the stuff that is just full of cyan pepper.

I started out with East Indian food, and there are so many different ways of doing the same thing, and the different regions, all have different flavours.

Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai Vietnamese, Russian and German foods are all great. I like it all, simply because it tastes Oh, so good.

I like to do different Nationalities, this way, I don't get tired of doing the same thing over and over.

I am not a food critic by any means. I just enjoy, and appreciate good food preparation and taste.

Anonymous

I like hot spices, that you can actually taste, not the stuff that is just full of cyan pepper.

I started out with East Indian food, and there are so many different ways of doing the same thing, and the different regions, all have different flavours.

Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai Vietnamese, Russian and German foods are all great. I like it all, simply because it tastes Oh, so good.

I like to do different Nationalities, this way, I don't get tired of doing the same thing over and over.

I am not a food critic by any means. I just enjoy, and appreciate good food preparation and taste.

You would like Korean if that is the case. It has fire, but still very flavourful.

priscilla1961

I cooked the Sichuan pork in garlic sauce for today supper.

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"I cooked the Sichuan pork in garlic sauce for today supper.

Thanx Mommy. ac_drinks  ac_dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"I cooked the Sichuan pork in garlic sauce for today supper.

It must have been delicious Priscilla.

ac_smile

priscilla1961

It was not special fashionista.

Anonymous

Monday is usually meatless..

Tonight I made pomegranate sweet and sour stir fry.

Ingredients:

•1 cup pomegranate juice, chilled

•1/3 cup coconut sugar (or agave nectar)

•1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar

•1/4 cup tamari

•1 tablespoon tomato paste

•2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, or to taste

•1 teaspoon ume plum vinegar

•3 tablespoons tapioca starch (not flour)

•1 tablespoon coconut oil

•1 bag of frozen edamame (out of shell)

•1 cup broccoli florets

•1/2 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed

•1/4 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces

•1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces

•1/4 cup carrot rounds

•1/4 mushrooms

•1/4 cup pineapple chunks  

•2 cups of quinoa

Directions:

1.Whisk the pomegranate juice, coconut sugar, rice vinegar, tamari, tomato paste, Sriracha sauce, plum vinegar, tapioca starch, and coconut oil in a small sauce pan.

2.Simmer the sauce on medium heat on the stove, stir continuously until the sauce is thick (about 5 minutes) Then set aside.

3.Boil the quinoa until there is a visible ring around the kernels

4.In a large skillet, add some coconut oil and begin to add your vegetables. I add the ones that take the longest to soften first: bell pepper and carrots > broccoli > edamame and snap peas > mushrooms > pineapple

5.Once your vegetables have reached the desired tenderness, serve on a bed of quinoa and drizzle away with your sauce!

Anonymous

I made orange cashew chicken tonight.

Ingredients:

2  lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes

3  medium carrots, sliced

1⁄2 cup chopped celery

2  tablespoons vegetable oil

2  tablespoons cornstarch

1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger

3⁄4 cup orange juice

1⁄4 cup honey

3  tablespoons soy sauce

1⁄4-1⁄2 salted cashews

hot cooked rice

Directions:

In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken, carrots and celery in oil for 8-10 minutes or til joices run clear.

Reduce heat.

In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, honey and soy sauce until well-blended.

Stir into chicken mixture.

Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.

Stir in cashews.

Serve over hot rice.

Anonymous

Chinese pork and vegetable hot pot.

Ingredients:

2 cups baby carrots

2 medium white turnips, (8 ounces total), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch-wide wedges

2 1/4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, (picnic or Boston-butt), trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks

1 bunch scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated

1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce

3 tablespoons medium or dry sherry, (see Ingredient Note)

4 teaspoons brown sugar

2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger

1 tablespoon rice vinegar

2-4 teaspoons Chinese chile-garlic sauce

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 star anise pod, (see Ingredient Note) or 1 teaspoon aniseed

1 cinnamon stick

4 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water

2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds for garnish

Directions:

Place carrots and turnips in the bottom and up the sides of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Top with pork and scallion whites. Bring broth, water, soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger, vinegar, chile-garlic sauce to taste and garlic to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over the pork and vegetables. Nestle star anise pod (or aniseed) and cinnamon stick into the stew. Cover and cook until the pork and vegetables are tender, 3 to 3 1/2 hours on high or 5 1/2 to 6 hours on low.

Discard the star anise pod and cinnamon stick. Skim or blot any visible fat from the surface of the stew. Add the cornstarch mixture, cover and cook on high, stirring 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve sprinkled with scallion greens and sesame seeds.

Tatterdamelion

I have tried your recipe of Asian chili and it was delicious. Sometimes I have a breakfast for dinner with eggs. Do you have Asian breakfast recipes?