Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "priscilla1961"Grilled Asian Chicken

Ingredients

1/4 cup soy sauce

4 teaspoons sesame oil

2 tablespoons honey

3 slices fresh ginger root

2 cloves garlic, crushed

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

1.In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, honey, ginger root, and garlic. Heat in microwave on medium for 1 minute, then stir. Heat again for 30 seconds, watching closely to prevent boiling.

2.Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over, and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.

3.Preheat a grill for medium-high heat. Drain marinade from chicken into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside for basting.

4.Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Baste frequently with remaining marinade. Chicken will turn a beautiful golden brown.

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/931745.jpg">

I just notice that this is the exact same marinade/glaze I sometimes use for salmon fillets and salmon steaks. It works out pretty decent. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Thank you Blazor.

Most welcome, love me some Asian food. Could eat it almost every day lol.

Some of these have so many ingredients. That first trip to the grocery store gonna cost lol.

Shame so many are missing pics.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Thank you Blazor.

Most welcome, love me some Asian food. Could eat it almost every day lol.

Some of these have so many ingredients. That first trip to the grocery store gonna cost lol.

Shame so many are missing pics.

I am bad for not posting pictures..

Priscilla usually posts pictures.

Blazor

I like pictures with recipes  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I like pictures with recipes  ac_smile

Okay, I will do that from now on..

Azhya and Priscilla both do that and I should too.

Blazor

Okay, I will do that from now on..

Azhya and Priscilla both do that and I should too.

Your efforts will be appreciated  ac_drinks

Anonymous

I made ground pork Chinese chile tonight.

Ingredients:

•2 pounds ground pork

•2 large yellow onions, small diced

•1 large green bell pepper, seeded and small diced

•4 jalapeños, seeded and minced

•1 tablespoons olive oil

•4 cloves garlic, minced

•1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger

•1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns, crushed

•1 tablespoon five-spice powder

•1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce

•1/4 cup hoisin sauce

•12 ounces amber colored beer

•1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes

•1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar

•Chinese hot chile oil

•Cilantro, minced

Directions:

To a soup pot add ground pork, onion, bell pepper jalapenos and olive oil. Cook over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables start to soften. Add in garlic and ginger and saute for 30 more seconds until the garlic is fragrant.

Stir in crushed peppercorns, five-spice powder, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, beer and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Lower the heat and simmer for about an hour or until the soup has reached desired thickness. If it gets too thick simply thin out with a little chicken stock or water.

Taste and season with kosher salt if needed. Stir in vinegar.

Serve drizzled with hot chile oil and a sprinkling of cilantro.

http://cf.nutmegnanny.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/chinese-chili-5.jpg">

Blazor

Looks so good!

To me chili has to have beans. I bet that would be SO good on hot dogs if it was cooked down.

priscilla1961

Sweet & Sour Pork with Vegetables

Ingredients

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 pound thin-cut boneless pork chops, sliced

1 large onion, thinly sliced

3 large carrots, peeled, sliced

3 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), sliced

2 large sweet green peppers, seeded, cored, sliced

1 teaspoon salt

1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved

1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice

1/3 cup ketchup

3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar

3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce

3 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce

1 1/2 cups white rice, cooked following package directions

Directions

1. In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; saute until cooked through and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove pork to a plate.

2. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot; saute until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, green pepper and salt; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until pepper is softened, about 8 minutes.

3. In small bowl, stir together the reserved pineapple juice, canned pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch and hot sauce. Stir into the skillet. Then stir in pineapple chunks and reserved meat. Bring to simmering; cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Serve pork over cooked white rice. Makes 6 servings.

http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/recipe/p_R081099.jpg">
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Blazor

Looks and sounds great!

priscilla1961

Homemade Spring Rolls

Ingredients:

For the pork and marinade:

8 ounces finely shredded pork loin

¼ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon sesame oil

1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine

½ teaspoon cornstarch

¼ teaspoon white pepper

To assemble the filling:

2 tablespoons oil

1 clove garlic, minced

10 dried black or shiitake mushrooms, soaked until softened and thinly sliced

2 medium carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)

1 cup bamboo shoots, julienned (fresh is preferred, but canned is fine too)

1 small napa cabbage, julienned (about 6 cups)

1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine

2 tablespoons light soy sauce

1 teaspoon sesame oil

½ teaspoon salt or to taste

white pepper, to taste

¼ teaspoon sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water

For wrapping:

1 package 8" square spring roll wrappers (this recipe makes about 20 spring rolls)

1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water for sealing the spring rolls

Canola, peanut or vegetable oil, for frying

For the dipping sauce:

2 teaspoons sugar

2 teaspoons hot water

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon soy sauce

Instructions:

Mix the pork with the marinade ingredients and set aside for about 30 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Cut all of the vegetables to approximately the same size. You want everything the same size so each ingredient blends together.

Brown the pork over high heat in 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the garlic, mushrooms and carrots. Stir fry for 30 seconds, and add the bamboo shoots, napa cabbage, and Shaoxing wine. Continue stir-frying for a minute. Adjust the heat to simmer the mixture, as the napa cabbage will release a lot of moisture.

Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, white pepper, and sugar. At this time, you have the option of adding ¼ cup of the decanted water from soaking the dried mushrooms. It strengthens the mushroom flavor, so this is purely according to your personal preference. You may also have to simmer the filling longer to reduce the additional liquid.

Continue simmering the filling for another 3 minutes--until the napa cabbage is completely wilted--and stir in the corn starch slurry to thicken. How much slurry you add depends upon the wetness of the filling (this varies if your cabbage had more moisture or if you did add the optional mushroom water), but there should be no standing liquid at all.

Transfer the filling to a large shallow bowl, and let cool. Place into the refrigerator to cool further—at least one hour. It's best to start with a cold filling for easier wrapping. The key to wrapping spring rolls is making sure that they're tight, yet not overstuffed. It's best to use fresh spring roll wrappers if you can, as freezing the wrappers can result in the spring roll skin being a bit too damp.

Place the wrapper on a flat surface so that a corner is facing toward you. Use about two spoonfuls of the mixture per spring roll, and spoon it about 2 inches from the corner that is closest to you. Roll it over once, and, like you're making a burrito, fold over both sides. Continue rolling it into a cigar shape. With your fingers, brush a bit of the cornstarch water onto the corner of the wrapper that is farthest from you to seal it.

In case you're wondering, we did try egg wash instead of the cornstarch mixture to seal the spring roll but the egg wash "stains" the spring roll, so it's best to use the cornstarch mixture.

Place each roll on a tray. This recipe makes about 18-20 spring rolls. You can also freeze these spring rolls on the tray overnight, and transfer them to a zip-lock bag when they are completely frozen for future use. We usually fry some fresh and freeze the rest, unless we are hosting a party, in which case, these go like hot cakes!

To fry the spring rolls, fill a small pot (which requires less oil) with oil until it's 2 to 3 inches deep. Heat the oil slowly over medium heat until it reaches 325 degrees. Gently add the spring rolls one at a time, frying in small batches. Carefully roll them in the oil so they cook evenly until golden brown and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels.

Prepare the dipping sauce by adding all ingredients to a small sauce pan. Mix and heat until just simmering and pour into a small bowl. Serve the spring rolls hot with the dipping sauce!

http://thewoksoflife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/spring-rolls-16.jpg">

http://thewoksoflife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/spring-rolls-17.jpg">

Anonymous

They look thin, and flaky the way they should be Priscilla.

Twenty Dollars

Is there a substitute for Shaoxing  wine? What is it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Is there a substitute for Shaoxing  wine? What is it?

Dry sherry, gin, dry white wine, and apple juice.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Is there a substitute for Shaoxing  wine? What is it?

Hello Twenty Dollars. ac_hithere