Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "priscilla1961"Chinese mabo tofu

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon cornstarch

1 tablespoon cold water

1/2 pound ground pork

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root

1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1 inch pieces

5 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons hot bean sauce

1 teaspoon white sugar

3 green onions, chopped

1 teaspoon sesame oil

Directions:

1.Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl; set aside.

2.Brown ground pork in a small skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.

3.Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Cook the garlic and ginger root in the oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tofu and cook for 2 minutes. Season with the soy sauce, hot bean sauce, and sugar; stir to combine.

4.Stir in the cooked pork and green onion. Sprinkle with the cornstarch and water mixture; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir the sesame oil into the thickened mabo tofu.

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/371930.jpg">

I believe I have had that when I was in China for business.

You like the tofu?
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Thiel

Quote from: "priscilla1961"
Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "priscilla1961"Chinese mabo tofu

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon cornstarch

1 tablespoon cold water

1/2 pound ground pork

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root

1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1 inch pieces

5 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons hot bean sauce

1 teaspoon white sugar

3 green onions, chopped

1 teaspoon sesame oil

Directions:

1.Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl; set aside.

2.Brown ground pork in a small skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.

3.Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Cook the garlic and ginger root in the oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tofu and cook for 2 minutes. Season with the soy sauce, hot bean sauce, and sugar; stir to combine.

4.Stir in the cooked pork and green onion. Sprinkle with the cornstarch and water mixture; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir the sesame oil into the thickened mabo tofu.

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/371930.jpg">

I believe I have had that when I was in China for business.

You like the tofu?

It depends on how it's cooked. I don't dislike it.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

China fries tofu. In Korea, it's usually in soup.

Anonymous

For meatless Monday I made vegetarian mapo tofu with mushrooms.

Ingredients:

•450g regular tofu

•6 middle size shitake mushroom (chopped into small pieces)

•1 tablespoon Doubanjiang (Broad bean paste)

•1-inch section shallot white

•2 cloves garlic chopped

•1 inch ginger sliced

•1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn powder

•1 tablespoon oil

•1 teaspoon salt

•1 tablespoon light soy sauces

•½ cup water

•salt to taste

water starch:

•1 tablespoon water

•1 tablespoon starch (tapioca or corn starch)

Directions:

1.Cut tofu into squares around 3 cm and chop washed shitake mushrooms. And then slice ginger, chop garlic and cut onion whites into small sections.

2.Prepare a container; pour some water with a little amount of salt. Then put the tofu cubes in to soak for about 12 minutes. Then move out and drain.

3.Prepare a small bowl, mix starch with water. Set aside.

4.Get a wok and heat up oil; add garlic, ginger and shallots in to stir fry until you can smell the aroma. Add the chopped mushrooms in and stir-fry until soft. Remove the mushrooms to one side of your wok.

5.Add Doubanjiang and Sichuan peppercorn powder; continue frying for 1 minute over slow fire.

6.Slide the tofu cubes in, add water and then add soy sauce cook. Simmer for 3 minutes. Toss your wok from time to time. Be gentle during the process and do not break the tofu cubes.

7.Add pinch of salt, mix well and serve hot. (You can also sprinkle some chopped spring onions).

http://www.chinasichuanfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mushroom-mapo-tofu-2.jpg">

priscilla1961

Ching's midnight dan dan noodles.

Ingredients

Noodles:

1 pound flat wide wheat-flour noodles (udon)

Pinch sea salt

1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil

Toppings:

2 tablespoons peanut oil

1 tablespoon finely grated freshly peeled ginger root

3 red Fresno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, finely minced

9 ounces ground beef

1/2 cup finely diced cornichons or sweet gherkins

1 tablespoon Chinese sesame paste

1 tablespoon light soy sauce

1 tablespoon Shaoshing rice wine or dry sherry

1 tablespoon Chinkiang black rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar

1 teaspoon ground Sichuan peppercorns

Freshly ground white pepper

Garnish:

1/4 cup chili oil

1/4 cup toasted sesame oil

1/4 cup light soy sauce

1 tablespoon ground Sichuan peppercorns

3 red Fresno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely diced

2 large scallions, finely chopped

1 small handful fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, finely chopped

3 to 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock, very hot

Directions

For the noodles: Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add the noodles and salt, stir, and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water, and then shake out any excess water and transfer to a bowl. Pour the sesame oil over the noodles and toss well to coat.

For the toppings: Heat a wok over high heat until smoking and pour in the peanut oil. Add the ginger, chiles and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds, and then add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.

Stir in the cornichons, sesame paste, soy sauce, rice wine, vinegar and peppercorns and cook until the beef begins to crisp. Season with white pepper and remove from the heat.

For the garnish: Mix together the chili oil, sesame oil, soy, peppercorns and chiles in a small bowl.

To serve, divide the noodles among 6 deep soup bowls and sprinkle the meat topping evenly over each. Pour the hot stock evenly over the noodles, and serve with the chili oil mixture, scallions and cilantro alongside at the table for garnishing.

http://cook.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/cook/fullset/2012/6/19/0/CCECC204_Dan-Dan-Noodles_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1353954764185.jpeg">

Anonymous

Very nice Priscilla.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

priscilla1961

Ginger soy teamed fish.

1 1/2 lbs or 4 (6 oz) sea bass or halibut filets

1/4 cup

green onions (scallions), white parts only, finely sliced on the bias

3 tablespoons cilantro leaves

2 tablespoons canola oil

Sauce:

2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely sliced into slivers

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 tablespoons canola oil

1 tablespoon light

soy sauce

1 tablespoon

dark soy sauce

1 teaspoon oyster sauce

1 teaspoon

toasted sesame oil

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon cornstarch

1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper

Instructions

Place a steaming rack in a wok or a deep pan and fill the pan with 2 inches of water. The water should be below the steaming rack. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.

Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Place the fish filets on a plate suitable for steaming and large enough to hold the filets in a single layer. Spoon the sauce evenly over the fish filets.

Place the plate of fish on the steaming rack, cover tightly and steam the fish over high heat for 7 to 10 minutes per inch thickness of fish. Carefully remove the plate from the steamer and transfer the filets to a warmed platter and spoon the sauce over the fish.

To serve, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a small pan until near smoking. Place the green onions and cilantro on top of the fish filets and carefully drizzle the hot oil over the fish. Serve immediately.

https://fthmb.tqn.com/Lk73reks3Ho80q6Rb_8OD4wwaf8=/960x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/ginger-soy-steamedfishwithginger-resized-58a473085f9b58819c870464.jpg">

priscilla1961

Ingredients

Chicken Marinade:

2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes

6 tablespoons sesame oil

2 1/2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 teaspoon cracked black pepper

Stir-Fry:

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch

Vegetable or peanut oil

2 tablespoons minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced ginger

4 tablespoons Chinese Shoaxing rice wine

2 tablespoons hoisin sauce

2 tablespoons oyster sauce

2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

1 1/2 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon sambal chili sauce

1 tablespoon Thai chili sauce

1 lemon, zest and juice

Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish

Scallions, thinly sliced on an angle, for garnish

Rice, for serving

Directions

Watch how to make this recipe.

For the chicken marinade: In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce and pepper. Toss to coat, cover, place in the refrigerator and let sit 1 hour.

For the stir-fry: Remove the chicken from the fridge. Add 1 cup cornstarch to a shallow baking dish and dredge each piece of chicken, shaking off any excess.

Fill a Dutch oven or high-sided saute pan with enough oil to completely submerge the chicken pieces. Heat over high heat until glossy and the temperature reaches 375 degrees F. Deep fry the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes, adding your chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding and to keep your oil from dropping in temp too much. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.

In a large saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden brown and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Next, add the rice wine, hoisin, oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey and the chili sauces; bring to a simmer.

In a glass measuring cup, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/4 cup very cold water (make sure you water is cold to avoid lumps!), whisking until combined. Add the mixture to the sauce and simmer for an additional minute, until the sauce thickens. Adjust seasoning to taste.

Add in the fried chicken and toss to coat with the sauce. Add the lemon zest and juice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallions.

Serve warm over rice.

http://cdn-image.myrecipes.com/sites/default/files/sesame-ginger-chicken-oh.jpg">

Berry Sweet

All those sauces are just insane!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"All those sauces are just insane!!

Do you like it Berry?

priscilla1961

Sticky Chinese pork stir-fry

INGREDIENTS

600g pork loin medallions, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons Fountain Soy Sauce

1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice

2 teaspoons fish sauce

200g packet dried rice stick noodles

1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges

2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 red capsicum, thinly sliced

1 carrot, halved, sliced diagonally

1 bunch baby pak choy, roughly chopped

250g snow peas, trimmed

1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock

1/4 cup oyster sauce

1/4 cup dry roasted cashews

1 green onion, thinly sliced

1 long red chilli, sliced diagonally

METHOD

Step 1

Combine pork, sugar, soy sauce, five spice and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.

Step 2

Cook rice stick noodles, following packet directions until tender. Drain well. Cover to keep warm.

Step 3

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork, in 2 batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl.

Step 4

Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Stir-fry onion, ginger, garlic, capsicum and carrot for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add pork, pak choy, snow peas, stock and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until pork is cooked through and snow peas are tender. Top with cashews, onion and chilli. Serve with rice noodles.

http://img.taste.com.au/vQ31eaX6/w643-h428-cfill-q90/taste/2016/11/sticky-chinese-pork-stir-fry-105690-1.jpeg">

realgrimm

Just ate one of these and they are absolutely disgusting... and the after taste is what I'd think it'd be like if your job entailed cleaning animal nuts with your mouth all day :yuk:

https://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-yy1mcp9oop/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/657/966/Durian_Cottage_Coffee_Roll_120g__02314.1502235701.jpg">

Blazor

Quote from: "realgrimm"Just ate one of these and they are absolutely disgusting... and the after taste is what I'd think it'd be like if your job entailed cleaning animal nuts with your mouth all day :yuk:

That'll learn ya to buy snacks while having the munchies lol  :Ghelyon:

:laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "realgrimm"Just ate one of these and they are absolutely disgusting... and the after taste is what I'd think it'd be like if your job entailed cleaning animal nuts with your mouth all day :yuk:

That'll learn ya to buy snacks while having the munchies lol  :Ghelyon:

:laugh:

I think if the word durian is involved, I ain't touching it. LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
I think if the word durian is involved, I ain't touching it. LOL

I've never heard of it before, but it reminds me of Lord of the Rings in a way lol, Durin's folk (dwarves) lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.