Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Here is a video how to make Korean glass noodles or jap jae.

">

I want to go to a Korean restaurant and order that.

priscilla1961

Egg Foo Yung

Ingredients

8 eggs

1 cup chopped onion

1 cup bean sprouts

1/2 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped mushrooms

1/4 cup diced green onion

1 tablespoon soy sauce

8 teaspoons sesame oil, divided

Steps

1 In a large bowl, beat 8 eggs. Add all vegetables and the soy sauce and stir to combine.

2 Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a skillet on medium heat and add about half a cup of the egg mixture to the pan (exact amount will vary). Cook each side until golden brown, flipping once or twice.

3 Repeat with remaining sesame oil and egg mixture until batch is complete.

https://images-gmi-pmc.edge-generalmills.com/2feca5a5-d953-4e20-a2cb-a91b2fe66a57.jpg">
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Bricktop

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Bricktop"Fascist Foo Yung??

:shock:

I mistake.

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"

I mistake.

No problem Priscilla.

Bricktop

Quote from: "priscilla1961"

I mistake.

I forgive.

:wink:

Blazor

Quote from: "priscilla1961"Egg Foo Yung

Im pretty sure my mom made these when I was young, sound good and easy too!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

priscilla1961

Chinese Eggplant Recipe with Spicy Garlic Sauce

Ingredients

2 tablespoons cooking oil divided

3 eggplant small, cut into long strips

2 cloves garlic finely minced

1 red chile pepper finely minced

1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled and finely minced

1 green onion chopped

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon black vinegar Chinese black vinegar

1/2 teaspoon sugar

Instructions

In a wok or saucepan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and swirl to coat wok. When wok is hot, add eggplant in a single layer. Cook 2 minutes and flip over each piece so they cook evenly. Cook another 2-3 minutes, flipping occasionally.The egg plant should have changed in color, the skin wrinkled and the flesh soft.

Push eggplant aside in wok and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add garlic, red chile peppers, ginger and green onion. Stir these aromatics until they become fragrant. Combine aromatics with eggplant and stir fry for one minute. Add soy sauce, black vinegar and sugar and stir to combine all. Serve immediately.

https://steamykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/chinese-eggplant-stirfry-with-spicy-garlic-sauce-recipe-0503-640x426.jpg">

Thiel

Quote from: "priscilla1961"Chinese Eggplant Recipe with Spicy Garlic Sauce

Ingredients

2 tablespoons cooking oil divided

3 eggplant small, cut into long strips

2 cloves garlic finely minced

1 red chile pepper finely minced

1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled and finely minced

1 green onion chopped

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon black vinegar Chinese black vinegar

1/2 teaspoon sugar

Instructions

In a wok or saucepan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and swirl to coat wok. When wok is hot, add eggplant in a single layer. Cook 2 minutes and flip over each piece so they cook evenly. Cook another 2-3 minutes, flipping occasionally.The egg plant should have changed in color, the skin wrinkled and the flesh soft.

Push eggplant aside in wok and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Add garlic, red chile peppers, ginger and green onion. Stir these aromatics until they become fragrant. Combine aromatics with eggplant and stir fry for one minute. Add soy sauce, black vinegar and sugar and stir to combine all. Serve immediately.

https://steamykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/chinese-eggplant-stirfry-with-spicy-garlic-sauce-recipe-0503-640x426.jpg">

That looks like it has a lot of heat.
gay, conservative and proud

priscilla1961

Spicy Chinese cabbage

Ingredients

1 tablespoon corn starch

3 tablespoons oyster sauce (sub hoisin for vegetarian)

3 tablespoons soy sauce

3 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar (or balsamic)

1 tablespoon sugar

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

6 cloves garlic, chopped

4 scallions, sliced into 1" pieces

8 dried small red chiles

4 cups chopped Chinese (Napa) cabbage stems

2 cups chopped Chinese (Napa) cabbage leaves

Instructions

In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch together with 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.

In another bowl, whisk the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and balsamic vinegar.

Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions and chilies; stir-fry for 60 seconds, until fragrant.

Turn the heat up to high and add the cabbage stems. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the cabbage leaves and prepared sauce; cook for 1 minute, tossing frequently.

Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the pan. Stir fry for 1 minute until the sauce has thickened. Serve hot.

https://thewanderlustkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/spicy-sichuan-szechuan-cabbage-2.jpg">

priscilla1961

Sichuanese cold turkey salad

1 tsp sesame seeds

350g boneless cold roast turkey

3 spring onions

1 or 2 heads of chicory

For the sauce

3 tbs light soy sauce

2 tsp white sugar

5 tbs cold turkey stock

4-5 tbs chilli oil, with or without chilli sediment, to taste

1 tsp pure toasted sesame oil

1 — Stir the sesame seeds in a wok or frying pan over a very gentle heat until fragrant and faintly golden. Set aside.

2 — Slice the turkey thinly and evenly and place in a bowl. Trim the spring onions and slice them thinly at a sharp angle. Add them to the turkey.

3 — Trim the chicory, peel off the leaves and arrange them around the edges of a serving dish.

4 — Place the soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the stock, then the chilli and sesame oils and stir. Pour the sauce on to the turkey and mix well. Just before serving, pile the turkey up in the centre of the serving dish and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.

https://www.ft.com/__origami/service/image/v2/images/raw/http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Faf3da556-cf36-11e7-9dbb-291a884dd8c6?source=next&fit=scale-down&width=700">

Bricktop

I come to your house for many yummies!!!

priscilla1961

Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef

Ingredients

1 pound flank steak, cut into bite-size pieces

1/4 cup cornstarch

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 onion, thinly sliced

1 tablespoon minced garlic

3 large green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root

1/2 cup hoisin sauce

Directions

1 Place flank steak and cornstarch into a resealable plastic bag. Shake the bag to evenly coat the flank steak with the cornstarch. Allow to steak rest for 10 minutes.

2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir steak until evenly browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Place onion, garlic, flank steak, green onions, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, and hoisin sauce in a slow cooker. Cook on Low setting for about 4 hours.

https://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/560x315/2160152.jpg">

Anonymous

I would like to try that. Anything slow cooker.

Anonymous

For meatless Monday tomorrow, I'm making Singapore style hakka noodles.

Ingredients:

200 g Hakka Noodles

10 g Chives

30 g Ginger

1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce

1 tbsp Soy Sauce

1 tsp Mild Curry Powder

113 g Carrot, julienned

160 g Zucchini

113 g Green Peas

200 g Extra-Firm Tofu

Directions:

1 Make sure your pans are hot before adding oil! It helps to ensure a crispy golden-brown crust on the tofu! Wash and dry all produce.* Bring a covered medium pot of salted water to a boil. Pat the tofu dry with paper towels, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Peel, then zest or mince 1 tbsp ginger. Finely chop the chives. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch thick half-moons.

2 Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high. When pan is hot, add 2 tbsp oil, then the tofu. Cook, tossing the cubes occasionally, until golden-brown all over, 6-7 min. Transfer the tofu to a plate. Season with salt and pepper.

3 Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan, then the zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender, 3-4 min. Add the carrots, curry powder, peas and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender-crisp and ginger is fragrant, 1-2 min. Remove the pan from the heat.

4 Add the noodles to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender, 1-2 min. Drain and rinse the noodles under cold running water. (TIP: Shocking the noodles with cold water will keep them from sticking to each other!)

5 Add the noodles, tofu, chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce and 1/2 cup water to the pan with the veggies. Cook, stirring together, until the sauce coats the noodles, 1-2 min. Season with salt and pepper.

6 Divide the hakka noodles between between bowls and sprinkle over the chives.

https://res.cloudinary.com/hellofresh/image/upload/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1/hellofresh_s3/image/nouilles-hokka-de-singapour-668df2e5.jpg">