Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

I made something similar but not very at all tonight.

There were defrosted chicken skewers with soy and lime ready in the fridge, but dinner guests (read-teenage children) didn't materialize.

Surprise, surprise, surprise on a Saturday night!  :laugh:

Instead of breaking out two dozen skewers, I chose to use some green beans cooked, then infused in a tinned cream of celery soup with added onion, garlic, and sweet paprika plus a couple of a leftover chicken sausages slice thinly with a big garden salad on the side.

Fash's looks and probably tastes better. I however fed four and preserved a main course for tomorrow night (teenagers always return on Sunday nights, like Vampires who suddenly remember where their coffins are).  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I made brown rice pasta with chopped spinach, olives, garlic,  feta and olive oil. Pretty fast and easy.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"I made brown rice pasta with chopped spinach, olives, garlic,  feta and olive oil. Pretty fast and easy.

Sounds tasty.

I've never gotten into brown rice but I like pasta, so could be good.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dove"I made brown rice pasta with chopped spinach, olives, garlic,  feta and olive oil. Pretty fast and easy.

Sounds tasty.

I've never gotten into brown rice but I like pasta, so could be good.
it's different. Gluten free.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Fashy do you make something new every night?

Damn wish i had a wife that cooked like you....

I plan meals a week in advance Keeper..

This way, I can also make my shopping list..

Lunches for my husband and children are made the night before usually and ready to go in the morning,

keeper

Impressive Fashy, your so organized

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Impressive Fashy, your so organized

When you are raising a family and you are not rich, you have to be..

I feel Renee, Dinky Diana, Dove, RW, Azhya Aryola, Shen Li and GrAnnie know what I am talking about.

Anonymous

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I feel Renee, Dinky Diana, Dove, RW, Azhya Aryola, Shen Li and GrAnnie know what I am talking about.

So you have to be female to know what your talking about?  :001_rolleyes:

Frood

It helps.

A lot of men still don't have to cook or budget the food shopping for their families.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"

All this blurring the boundaries of gender roles is why most people get divorced.  My husband helps with these things, but it's not his territory and same with me when it comes to being the bread winner. I help....but it's not my territory lol.  People have a strong delusion that to be valid as a person, we have to BE ALL.  That's not how we are wired.  And the pharmaceutical company profits off the depression and anxiety. Everyone us medicated. You don't have to be female to do this, no. But if you were married raising a family, you have to respect each others boundaries and allow for certain roles. Same with parenting. Men can't breastfeed.

keeper

I have been married and done all the cooking and made our lunches for the next day, so being female to know what she's talking about is horse shit!!!

Registered Guest

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Keeper"

All this blurring the boundaries of gender roles is why most people get divorced.  My husband helps with these things, but it's not his territory and same with me when it comes to being the bread winner. I help....but it's not my territory lol.  People have a strong delusion that to be valid as a person, we have to BE ALL.  That's not how we are wired.  And the pharmaceutical company profits off the depression and anxiety. Everyone us medicated. You don't have to be female to do this, no. But if you were married raising a family, you have to respect each others boundaries and allow for certain roles. Same with parenting. Men can't breastfeed.

Yes, I understand this discussion. Both people, however the relationship is put together, need to work together. It is not that "I did this, and you can't." It is about the two people doing what they are "good, or can do, are best at," in the relationship, however formed.

In any relationship, once "one person" thinks that they are the only supporting person, the relationship begins to fail.

I urge everyone in a relationship, to work together. Yes, at this time, men can't get pregnant, and some can't cook, but they contribute the union in other ways.
I don\'t need to remember what I did yesterday, I only need to remember what I am doing tomorrow. Today, is the here and now.

Frood

Quote from: "Keeper"I have been married and done all the cooking and made our lunches for the next day, so being female to know what she's talking about is horse shit!!!

Good for you.  You're definitely a Keeper.   ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...