Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

We are moving at the end of the month

Started by Anonymous, August 18, 2016, 10:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Phil O Bat

Sorry I haven't been around for a long time. Twitter and Pinterest take up most of my time on the internet. But I wrote down the new address with a reminder to come back here once in a while.
\"We are all born with a little spark of madness. And if you let them take that away from you, then you\'ve really lost everything.\" ~ Robin Williams (1951-2014)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/15564631.jpg">

That's how my parents see it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Phil O Bat"Sorry I haven't been around for a long time. Twitter and Pinterest take up most of my time on the internet. But I wrote down the new address with a reminder to come back here once in a while.

Hey Phil.  :JC_howdy:

Gay Boy Roberto

Fashionista -

If you need help packing for the move, I'm available :)
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Roberto"Fashionista -

If you need help packing for the move, I'm available :)

I would volunteer too, but Im sure I will have a sore back that day.

Annie

I can help too! I can bring boxes and lots of newspaper for the delicate or breakables!  ac_biggrin
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I can help too! I can bring boxes and lots of newspaper for the delicate or breakables!  ac_biggrin

The only thing delicate and breakable is TD.

cc

I have not read entire thread - just saw it now.

Possibly this has been addressed - "Do we need to register or is that moved along for us

If we do, when can we do so?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "Daisy May"I have not read entire thread - just saw it now.

Possibly this has been addressed - "Do we need to register or is that moved along for us

If we do, when can we do so?

The database should be transferred including login information. I'm not doing the transfer so I can't guarantee it but that should be how it works.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

I jumped the gun, I went and already registered at the new place  :laugh3:  :icon_wink:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Annie"I can help too! I can bring boxes and lots of newspaper for the delicate or breakables!  ac_biggrin

That's an assumption fatso.

Annie

JOE

Actually, can't you just retain the URL 'thebluecashew.com' and either have a 'redirect' to the new location OR make arrangements with the new server/provider to continue to use this .com URL?

I would.

I know you can do this with wordpress instead of having a funny extension at the end. Ie - brand.wordpress.com so you get just 'brand.com'. Its just a small fee something like $30.

Just a suggestion as it would give it greater continuity & it looks better, more professional. Just an opine tho'.

Quote from: "RW"It is cheaper (or even free) to have your board be part of a community.  To maintain the site as is, I need to pay for a domain and the cost of the server it's hosted on.  I also have to do all updates on the software, manage security and do back ups.  Other hosting companies do all this as part of their services.

This forum is better off not in my administrative hands.  Unlike this board, I am not stable enough to manage such an endeavour.  I want to unplug and I can't do that so long as I am technically and financially responsible for this site.  As Fash has said, at the end of the month the site will be moved and I'll be able to disconnect.  I know I should have done this a long time ago but better late than never right?  I just wasn't ready to let go until now.

Now you know.

JOE

Anyways, here's the link from that company which tells you how to redirect you own URL to sync with their service:

https://support.prophpbb.com/topic134.html">https://support.prophpbb.com/topic134.html

...so you may wish to look into it. I think all u pay for is the URL.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

That's an assumption fatso.

:laugh: