The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

China'BOXED

Started by Securious, October 07, 2012, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Securious

I want to make this abundantly clear about the prectise of eating human flesh as cuisine going back centuries in China-"Learned Canabalism". Anyone who says you are full of it can read this which will be a long post. This will be a rare exercise for me as i do like to  cut and paste so her's little argument. In this case I think it is important one gets the truth in its entirity, unbroken.

So please forgive this lengthy submission and understand why. No ore can there be liars that it never or doesnt exist today. Such practises can be rationalised by starvation- shere hunger, but this is a different cult, a learned practise handed down throujgh time, a preferential one whith the wealthy it seems.

From the on-line encyclopedia: Wikipedia

it reads:

Talk:Chinese cannibalism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a good English source on the subject: Key Ray Chong, Cannibalism in China, Longwood Academic: Wakefield, NH. (1990)

viii: "We need to remind ourselves that the Chinese people are not particularly different from the other races of the world as far as the practice of survival cannibalism is concerned. When it comes to learned cannibalism, however, its practice is quite different. Worthy of note here is the fact that some types of learned cannibalism are found only in China. This study will attempt to examine this unique phenomenon." "Particularly in ancient times, learned cannibalism was often practiced in China for culinary appreciation, and exotic dishes were prepared for jaded upper-class palates in times of health and/or sickness."

ix: "As late as the 19th century, it was not unusual for Chinese executioners to eat the heart and brains of the criminals they disaptch. They also ate a portion of the human meat for health reasons, but when some extra meat was left, they sold it for profit." "Li Shih-chen [DP: 1578] detailed the use of humans many times for medicinal purposes. He noted, for example, that human meat was a good cure for tuberculosis. For the same or similar purposes, he discussed in an equally detailed manner the use of human sweat, urine, sperm, breast milk, tears, dirt, nails and teeth. Even today, in the People's Republic of China, the use of human fingers, toes, nails, dried urine, feces and breast milk are strongly recommended by the government to cure certain diseases."

x: "Apart from this, the Chinese often ate their enemies out of hatred or revenge during wartime." "During World War II, hate-cannibalism is reported to have occurred in China. Later, as the civil war between the Communists and the Nationalists went on for control of China, some Communist soldiers were executed routinely in a far-interior district; and their flesh and bones were eaten out of a spirit of revenge. One American priest told of seeing a Chinese Nationalist officer cut out and eat the heart of a Chinese Communist."

xi: "In short, the Chinese are not necessarily different in any significant way from most other peoples in the world. And yet they are quite unique in the sense that there are so many examples of learned cannibalism throughout their history."

p.54: "The many instances of cannibalism in China throughout antiquity serve as a prelude to the way that the practice of cannibalism later became an integral part of Chinese culture."

pp. 55-62: listings of Chinese surival cannibalism incidents Han to Ming (about one ever 1-2 lines) "... there is little or no doubt about the practice of survival cannibalism in China."

p.79: "Cannibalism was also often involved in the punishmen of criminals in Imperial China. After having been publicly executed, the bodies of the criminals were made available for public exhibition and consumption." "In short the Chinese people used humans not only for food and medicine, but they also expressed their feelings of hatred or revenge by publicly eating the flesh and bones of their fellow men."

p. 88: "In April 882, when the price of one tou (peck of rice went up to 30 min in Chang-an the rebels captured by government troops were sold as food."

p. 105: "According to a more recent study, Chinese soldiers stationed in Taiwan before the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895 used to eat human flesh of the aborigines like pork; they could buy it at the marketplace. Human flesh was considered as a source of protein and a way to increase male sexual stamina."

p. 110: [great drought of 1876-1879] "One Western observer said that the most shocking consequence of famine was the rapid spread of cannibalism... The Roman Catholic Bishop of Shansi, ... reported... "... now they kill the living to have them for food. Husbands eat their wives. Parents eat their sons and daughters, and children eat their parents." This was confirmed by a Chinese district magistrate, who made the following observations: ... a grandson chopped his grandomother to pieces, a niece boiled and ate her own aunt ..."

p. 157: "The most popular methods for preparing human flesh were broiling, roasting, boiling and steaming. Next was pickling in salt, wine, sauce and the like.

p. 166: "We have learned that there were far more instances of learned cannibalism than of survival cannibalism... Although we have reported more instances of learned cannibalism in this book, the actual number of victims caused by survival cannibalism could be far greater."

p. 170: "The major conclusions drawn from this study are the following. Cannibalism can be classified in two categories: survival and learned cannibalism. Learned cannibalism in China is different from cannibalism elsewhere. It is unique in the sense that it is an expression of love and hatred, and a peculiar extension of Confucian doctrine."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isolated incidents motivated by unusual hatred and/or committed by desperate lads do not justify the use of indicative adverbs such as "often", "in general", "mostly", "not uncommon". Such over-generalized conclusions based on sporadic events have no foundation and only characterize pathetic attempts to conceive an exotically freaky national character: "Unlike other civilizations, China has a rich history of cannibalism...relatively common in China" [intro].

It's good that people here are trying to evaluate it from an objective viewpoint. However, please review the edits of user Nanshu, as s/he has had a history with articles concerning Nanjing and Unit 731.

"rich history of cannibalism"

"relatively common"

"common cooking methods of human flesh"

"Japanese historian Kuwabara Jitsuzo classified`Chinese cannibalism into the five types"

"It is not just Chinese cliche but the fact"

"The Chinese did not hesitate in humiliating corpses"

"It was not uncommon to practice cannibalism for medical purposes"

-- Fuzheado | Talk 00:40, 25 May 2004 (UTC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found out Kuwabara Jitsuzo's journal article on cannibalism (the original script in Japanese is here. Unlike other civilizations, China has a rich history of cannibalism (??). It is partly because China is the country of literature but mostly because the practice of cannibalism was relatively common in China.

China does have records of cannibalism. To define records as richer or worse than any other countries, one must research and base arguments on solid grounds.

It's not easy to provide quantitative data, but it is almost apparent. But everyone who read classisal Chinese literature notices that there are numerous records on cannibalism and that their attitude toward cannibalism was unusual.

Kuwabara said:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????*snip* ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????? page 204

Now we realize that there are numerous records. Next, we wonder in what proportion these incidents have been reporded so that we can know. We have to consider the wealth of Chinese records. The Chinese documented even minor incidents (again, those I adopted are examples). So we can presume that the abundance of cannibalism on record partially resulted from that of documents. --Nanshu 02:17, 23 Jun 2004 (UTC)

The following was the common cooking methods of human flesh. Note that these were usually used for animals.

1.Fu (? fu3): sliced and dried meat

2.Geng (? geng1): thick soup

3.Hai (? hai3): minced and hashed meat

4.Luan (? luan2): sliced meat

Hai was also a punishment in ancient China.

According to Kuwabara Jitsuzo's article, these are the practices of punishment for three diobeyant nobles during the infamous reign of Shang Zhou of the Shang Dynasty. Kuwabara Jitsuzo's article may have assumed readers' knowledge of Shang Zhou: this wikipedia article has left out that Shang Zhou was a tyrant and also well known for other inhumane punishments. Generalising the tortures of 3 nobles as "common cooking methods" .

Nanshu initially claimed Kuwabara Jitsuzo's descriptions on Chinese cannibalism. As quality contributors, one should always provide reasoning and evidences for hir statements. I was only presenting what I had found on the net at that time.

This is an encyclopaedia article. Making refernce every time is needless and quite cumbersome. And I fear that English-speaking readers are annoyed by flood of non-English literature.

But it makes me happy if readers are interested in the topics I bring and are encouraged to study more about them. Shall I put reference lists on talk pages? --Nanshu 02:17, 23 Jun 2004 (UTC)

I didn't hide emotions. My sole purpose was to sugguest you a strict way to deal with issues and documents that may have been mixed with social and political defamatory attitudes, especially those written in early and middle 20th century before and during the Sino-Japanese War.

The Japanese historian Kuwabara Jitsuzo classified Chinese cannibalism into the five types:

1.cannibalism during famine

2.cannibalism in besieged cities

3.eating human flesh habitually

4.cannibalism driven by animosity

5.eating human flesh as medicine

Contents [hide]

1 Cannibalism driven by animosity

2 Eating human flesh as medicine

3 Corrections

4 Vfd poll result

4.1 Chinese cannibalism

4.2 Translate please

5 Cannibalism in the Dynastic Histories

[edit] Cannibalism driven by animosityChinese literature often says that one ate his bitter enemy. It is not just Chinese cliche but the fact.Irate crowds often scrambled to eat executed prisoners. For example, Wang Mang, who took over the Han Dynasty, was sliced by soldiers. People humiliated his head and someone cut and ate his tongue. This practice was recognized lynch. Il Millione also records the pranctice.

Severing of Wang Mang's body was carried out by mobs during chaos.

??/??/????? ???????? --Nanshu 02:42, 9 Jun 2004 (UTC)

I have not denied the civilian's severing of Wang Mang's body: severing of Wang Mang's body was carried out by mobs during chaos.

Confucianism encourages revenge for parents and bothers. Revenge was achieved by killing enemies, but sometimes one ate them (their hearts and livers in most cases). For example, according to the old Tang book, Wang Juncao stabbed Li Junze to avenge his father. He cut open his belly and ate his heart and liver.

The Chinese did not eat those who died naturally in general, but it was not the case when avenging the killing of his parents. Wang Ban joined Sui's expeditionary force to Chen to avenge his father on former Emperor Wu. He broke the emperor's mausoleum, burned his bone, drank it by combining it with water. He is recorded at the section of filial piety and justice in the Book of Sui. The Chinese did not hesitate in humiliating corpses but he is a special case.

[edit] Eating human flesh as medicineIt was not uncommon to practice cannibalism for medical purposes, but the Chinese established it as a filial devotion to parents. Since the middle Tang Dynasty, devoted sons cut out their thighs to let their sick parents eat them. Those sons were classified as "dutiful sons" in official and unofficial records although this practice was banned several times.

Securious

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=G0AWWdaTYak">http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=G0AWWdaTYak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0UG_r4dtE&feature=related">
... re=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0UG_r4dtE&feature=related

The Communists practise of canabalism

Gary Oak

Well I was just talking to an elderly Chinese woman and I asked her if she was there during 19060-1962 and she said yes.  I had been helping her with her English as she is a nice person and I didn't mind using my Chinese.  The chat eventually went to the famine of 1960-1962 and she said that she didn't experience it in the city but it was very bad in the country. I suspect that she was telling the truth as she did not seem traumatised by it like most others I have asked about this topic though I do suspect that she has experienced some of the having people follow her to snatch her for food but didn't admit it as it would be a loss of face. She said not just a few but many of her friends had experiences people following them to snatch them to kill them for food, not just a few times but lots of times. Imagine always being afraid to go out alone if you are a girl,kid or elderly or just simply small as there were people out there looking to snatch you when nobody was looking to kill you for food. She gave the motion of stabbing for killing. She said parents would threaten their kids "be good or we will eat you" As Jasper Becker wrote in his very informative book Hungry Ghosts that "the entire country was traumatised" Imagine kids couldn't go out to play. I imagine that tens of thousands did did and never were seen again,very possibly hundreds of thousands.  Imagine looking over your shoulder whenever you went out by yourself in case someone was following you. She said it happened to her friends very often.

Securious

A Chinese  professor of Canadian history is not fully telling the whole truth about his peoples immigration to Canada. He spins a fine tale of their hard work on the railways but conveniently neglects to speak of their interest in Jade and Gold, wining awards for his showmanship, Henry Yu from Vancouver, gets the audience all nodding in unison, mesmerized and enthusiastically wriggling in their seats, when all the while he must be chuckling to himself. Here he is

http://www.jackgin.com/Henry-Yu">http://www.jackgin.com/Henry-Yu

Obvious Li

does anyone else but me think this thread is getting more than a little bizarre......or maybe it's making me hungry ????

Securious

As I pointed out when answering your original question Obvious Li >Miscellany, is the by-word

Securious

hey not so heavy on the nuts, K

Securious

[size=200]Canadians Wary Of Oil Deal[/size]

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-Voices/2012/1021/Study-Canadians-wary-of-Chinese-oil-deal">http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/En ... e-oil-deal">http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Energy-Voices/2012/1021/Study-Canadians-wary-of-Chinese-oil-deal

Securious

majority of Canadians say NO! Wont have anything to do with them

Obvious Li

pretty hard to see how the Nexen deal can be stopped after Harper went to china, met with the big shots and told them "canada is open for business" he knew when he went he would be dealing with SOE's so it should not come as a surprise when their state owned oil company comes knocking....i think the Petronus ruling was just a smoke screen to soften up the public politically.....let everyone know he is looking after canadian interests...in the end i suspect they will both be approved.....oil cannot be labelled a "stategic interest" when there is so much of it in the world....

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Well I was just talking to an elderly Chinese woman and I asked her if she was there during 19060-1962 and she said yes.  I had been helping her with her English as she is a nice person and I didn't mind using my Chinese.  The chat eventually went to the famine of 1960-1962 and she said that she didn't experience it in the city but it was very bad in the country. I suspect that she was telling the truth as she did not seem traumatised by it like most others I have asked about this topic though I do suspect that she has experienced some of the having people follow her to snatch her for food but didn't admit it as it would be a loss of face. She said not just a few but many of her friends had experiences people following them to snatch them to kill them for food, not just a few times but lots of times. Imagine always being afraid to go out alone if you are a girl,kid or elderly or just simply small as there were people out there looking to snatch you when nobody was looking to kill you for food. She gave the motion of stabbing for killing. She said parents would threaten their kids "be good or we will eat you" As Jasper Becker wrote in his very informative book Hungry Ghosts that "the entire country was traumatised" Imagine kids couldn't go out to play. I imagine that tens of thousands did did and never were seen again,very possibly hundreds of thousands.  Imagine looking over your shoulder whenever you went out by yourself in case someone was following you. She said it happened to her friends very often.

How is it that this post doesn't even interest any of you ?

Obvious Li

mostly because it is either bullshit or if it is true it speaks to a time gone by...china today is so much different to china of the "great revolution" times.....every asian country has a story of terrible things that happened during desperate times.....they are not proud of it, nor ashamed of it...during ww2 European people that were starving did many similar things.....so what....how can you say you would do different until you are in that position...me i can be honest.....i would do anything necessary to survive...period.

Gary Oak

The Threat To Canadian Sovereignty -What We Are Giving To China

http://elizabethmay.ca/in-the-news/island-tides/the-threat-to-canadas-sovereignty-what-we-are-giving-to-china/">http://elizabethmay.ca/in-the-news/isla ... -to-china/">http://elizabethmay.ca/in-the-news/island-tides/the-threat-to-canadas-sovereignty-what-we-are-giving-to-china/

If Harper wasn't so great then I probably would vote for Elizabeth May and her Green Party.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Gary Oak"http://elizabethmay.ca/in-the-news/island-tides/the-threat-to-canadas-sovereignty-what-we-are-giving-to-china/">http://elizabethmay.ca/in-the-news/isla ... -to-china/">http://elizabethmay.ca/in-the-news/island-tides/the-threat-to-canadas-sovereignty-what-we-are-giving-to-china/

If Harper wasn't so great then I probably would vote for Elizabeth May and her Green Party.

WTF gary.....are you on drugs......have you had a stroke...that cunt is the definition of a loser...fat,ugly and stupid

Gary Oak

are you going to vote for Trudeau then ?