The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

China'BOXED

Started by Securious, October 07, 2012, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 33 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Quote from: "Securious"Dear Dear, there is much you need to understand about modern politics my son. You are living in a pink world boy.

Harper isn't controlled by Jesuits, the Black Pope, aliens or whatever. But even if he was, why would you support such a man?

You and Gary are just looking for silly excuses. Harper and the Conservatives are pushing through this agreement. It's that simple.

Remember what I told you before the last election? Harper is going to make us China's bitch. You and Gary voted for it. I didn't.

Securious

so so much you will never know, your little pink world clouds your judgment little one. You have no appreciation for the reality of the halls of power, it never rests on one man, a party is behind that man..and there are "others".  Wag the finger all you wish [and we all laugh BTW] but your myopic view of the world stunts your thinking..little one.

Securious

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Securious"Dear Dear, there is much you need to understand about modern politics my son. You are living in a pink world boy.

Harper isn't controlled by Jesuits, the Black Pope, aliens or whatever. But even if he was, why would you support such a man?

You and Gary are just looking for silly excuses. Harper and the Conservatives are pushing through this agreement. It's that simple.

Remember what I told you before the last election? Harper is going to make us China's bitch. You and Gary voted for it. I didn't.

holy shit never thought i would see the day i would agree with homer...all except the bitch part...this is Harpers baby..he knows how important it is...especially when we have an unreliable retard in the white house...........

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"

holy shit never thought i would see the day i would agree with homer...all except the bitch part...this is Harpers baby..he knows how important it is...especially when we have an unreliable retard in the white house...........

Obvious Li

Romero

Quote from: "Securious"so so much you will never know, your little pink world clouds your judgment little one. You have no appreciation for the reality of the halls of power, it never rests on one man, a party is behind that man..and there are "others".  Wag the finger all you wish [and we all laugh BTW] but your myopic view of the world stunts your thinking..little one.

Spin it all you want but the fact is Harper and the Conservatives are the only ones pushing for this agreement and ramming it through. They've being doing China's bidding since the day you helped them become the majority government.

The opposition parties oppose the agreement and have been sounding the alarm. Exactly what you're doing, by the way. Yet Harper and the Conservatives won't even let Parliament and Canadians discuss it!

This agreement wouldn't have happened with a minority or any other government.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Securious"so so much you will never know, your little pink world clouds your judgment little one. You have no appreciation for the reality of the halls of power, it never rests on one man, a party is behind that man..and there are "others".  Wag the finger all you wish [and we all laugh BTW] but your myopic view of the world stunts your thinking..little one.

Romero is incapable of grasping anything that isn't in his fantasy pink world dream state of mind. I have given up trying to explain anything. It doesn't matter how correct or obvious the truth is ...if it doesn't fit with Homo-ero's fantasy pink world mindset then it won't register.

Gary Oak

What the HELL IS GOING ON HERE ! There is more to this story than we know. I just don't know what. Was Harper bought ? if so  then how much ? What does the CIA say about all of this. They are keeping an eye on this as well you can be sure. There is something going on here that we don't understand ...yet.

Securious

Securious

All the worlds major intel-agencies are part of the problem [Knights of Malta, in other words 'gatekeepers'] You wont find help from them Gary.

Securious

this is no brinkmanship maneuver BTW...this is real

How convenient that 3 war class vessels [US Aircraft carriers] are at the ready in the Gulf..the, USS Kennedy,USS Eisenhower and the USS Stennis just sitting pretty. Just imagine if 3 situations occur, that the  Iranians start something, the Chinese and the Pakistanis, all at the same time. hmmm

Do you think Canada will chip in to help out our friends the Japanese, what with this [FIPA] deal and all?

Securious

China Described As Fascist?

BEIJING — Chinese politics is controlled by the Communist Party and its powerful families and factions, so when the son of a former party chief says the state is virtually "fascist," it's worth listening.

'National Rejuvenation'? Or Chinese Fascism?

Share your thoughts on the IHT Rendezvous blog.

Twitter List: Reporters and Editors

.That's what Hu Deping, son of the late Hu Yaobang, the party general secretary forced to resign in 1987 for being too reform-minded, said to a group of mostly Chinese businesspeople and environmentalists in late 2005, in the Great Hall of the People on Tiananmen Square. (Because of his father's fall, Mr. Hu is outside the mainstream of power, dubbed a "nonprinceling," but his pedigree still makes him a party aristocrat.)

Seven years later, with pressure for political reform mounting and a new generation of leaders to be announced in that same Great Hall of the People at the 18th Party Congress, which starts next Thursday, Mr. Hu's words continue to reverberate. What is China today, and where is it headed?

Here's what Mr. Hu said, according to my notes: "No matter how authoritarian this society is, even fascist, the people of this country still want justice. One thing they seek is profit, and the other is justice."

Is today's China fascist?

To cite a few characteristics, starting with the one-party state: Since the economic reforms that followed the death of Mao Zedong, it has grown immensely wealthy through its state-owned companies, some of which rank among the world's richest. What was once a poor, authoritarian state has become a rich, authoritarian state.

The rights to speak and associate freely remain tightly hobbled despite some relaxation, and some top officials openly scorn democracy. The courts obey the party's directives.

Official slogans increasingly exhort nationalism and "national rejuvenation," a concept rooted in a mystical sense of nationhood popular with fascist thinkers in the last century.

"The signs have long been there," said Wang Lixiong, a prominent writer and scholar. "I feel there is a very clear trend toward fascism, and the source of fascism comes from the ever-growing power of the power holders." China is "a police state," he said, where power rules for power's sake.

The passing of Mao did not lead to power-sharing, it just stripped China of its Communist ideology, and no convincing value system has filled the gap, he said.

"Power has become an interest group," Mr. Wang said.

"Today the interest groups have no ideology," he said. "Their goal is to protect their own profit and power. They can only rely on power to rule, because they have no goal that convinces the people. So the state relies on power to suppress society and attain its objectives. I think there's no other route the power holders can go."

These are large issues. On a more human scale, I was reminded of Mr. Hu's words on Monday when five men, several of whom said they were police officers, came to our Beijing apartment to check our passports, visas and residence permits, almost certainly part of the stepped-up security before the Party Congress.

Seconds after they left, a loud argument erupted in the corridor outside. Through the spy hole I watched a Chinese neighbor loudly berate the police for meddling. The checks are intimidating and resented — and people increasingly are not afraid to say so.

For sure, terms other than "fascism" are also used to describe what's going on. Xu Jilin, a leading intellectual and history professor at East China Normal University, in Shanghai, for example, writes that "statism" has grown dominant in the past decade.

In an essay last year, Mr. Xu warned that in an atmosphere where the Communist Party and the state claim the sole right to represent the "universal interest," China may "re-tread the broken road of 20th-century Germany and Japan."

For John Delury, a professor at Yonsei University, in South Korea, there are important differences between classic fascism, such as Nazi Germany's, and what is happening in China today.

"Absolutely the critical thing is how to define fascism," he said by telephone from Seoul.

"One of the strongest objections to using the word fascism is that a central element of fascism was mass mobilization," which included the symbolism and choreography associated with, for example, Hitler's rallies at Nuremberg, Mr. Delury said. While Mao did that, the current leadership does not, he said, a sign that the term does not exactly fit.

"I think still this leadership is very post-Mao, if not anti-Mao," said Mr. Delury.

Yet for Mr. Wang, fascism is a threat, even without Mao's charismatic leadership. He points to rising nationalism at home, increasingly directed overseas.

Does it surprise him to hear what was once a taboo word, an epithet to be hurled at the enemies of Communism, used by a member of China's elite — even if a critical member — to describe China's political direction?

"I'm not surprised to hear it, because they know, the people in these ruling circles, they don't think it's strange, they know what's happening," he said

Securious

[size=200]Here are the FIPPA Petitions[/size]

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/politics/sumofus-and-leadnow-deliver-petition-60000-anti-canada-china-fippa-signatures-ottawa">http://www.vancouverobserver.com/politi ... res-ottawa">http://www.vancouverobserver.com/politics/sumofus-and-leadnow-deliver-petition-60000-anti-canada-china-fippa-signatures-ottawa

Securious

[size=200]NEXEN-CNOOC 8 questions[/size]

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/article/1281332--nexen-cnooc-deal-eight-questions">http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editoria ... -questions">http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/article/1281332--nexen-cnooc-deal-eight-questions