The best topic

Replies: 10391
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

China'BOXED

Started by Securious, October 07, 2012, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Securious

Hey slow down there sonny, who's hating who, you say? Because I see an invasion force orchestrated by Beijing I hate, what nonsense. You will hear this from the immigrants themselves the favours Beijing imposes on them, most willingly.

Romero

Who's hating? You're calling Chinese immigrants "an invasion force". You and Gary say they are against Canada.

I will hear this from immigrants themselves? No. I've know plenty of Chinese immigrants. Good people who love Canada.

How many Chinese immigrants have told you such things? Zero. Because it isn't true.

Securious

Good for you, I'm so pleased you are happy with the status quo..I think differently, so do some Chinese immigrants. Does that mean I hate, you're a crazed fool Mr. Romero with a wild imagination. Let Mr. Oak speak for himself.

Romero

Yes, it means you hate. Chinese immigrants have made fine citizens yet you hate them just because they're Chinese.

Mr. Oak has spoken for himself. He says terrible things about Chinese all the time.

Gary Oak

This is solid proof that debating anything with an airhead as clueless and stupid as Romero is a waste of time and space on this thread. I was just on a bus and a chinese guy was eavesdropping on my conversation in chinese with a few elderly chinese ladies who cannot speak English and called me KWAILO , now having comong sense I was offended as I know how rude that the term KWAILO [devilman ] is and called him WONG KWAI [ yellow devil ] I told him in chinese that if he doesn't like Canadians he can go back to China and work the fields. The  elderly chinese ladies were on my side by the way. Usually the chinese girls don't hate us but the chinese men usually do.

Romero

Bullshit. You're pissed off at Chinese guys because they kicked your ass in boxing fair and square.

Romero

QuoteTemp Miners from China Dig up Trouble for Clark

Hailed by premier as jobs coup for BC, coal mine now a lightning rod for union, enviro, First Nations anger.

Nearly a year ago, B.C. Premier Christy Clark was clearly having a good day on her trade mission to China. In an exultant press release datelined Beijing, Nov. 11, 2011, the premier announced a substantial infusion of Chinese capital for two new projects in the B.C. coal mining industry, an investment that would, she said, result in thousands of new jobs.

What the provincial leader didn't mention was that most of the direct mining jobs would go to temporary foreign workers brought to mining camps in the northeast of the province from China.

Steve Hunt, Western Canada director for the United Steelworkers, called government explanations for bringing in the temporary workers "bullshit." He said the government's key goal here was "cheap labour."

"We could easily find or train the needed miners here in Canada," Hunt told the Tyee on Friday. "We have been training underground miners in this country for over a century, and we could have workers ready to go in less than two months."

Hunt emphasized that his union had no quarrel with the Chinese miners themselves.

"They're just trying to make a living, just like my members," Hunt said. "Our quarrel is with the temporary foreign worker program that brings in workers, drives down wages, uses them up like spare parts and then ships them back home."

Hunt told The Tyee that he and his union took issue with a Tory government he said was constantly increasing the movement of temporary labour into Canada under conditions that exposed the "guest workers" to exploitation, drove down Canadian wages and working conditions and denied the foreign workers a chance to settle and make a life in Canada. He said that he expected the Chinese workers would be paid 10 to 15 dollars an hour less than unionized miners in Canada.

'Temp workers likely to be exploited': anti-racism advocate

Hunt also warned that the vulnerable foreign workers would not be able to enforce even the minimal protections available here for non-unionized workers.

"Imagine one of these Chinese miners trying to enforce health and safety or hours of work protections under Canadian law," Hunt said. "He'd be on a plane home the next day."

Hunt said that his union has heard from many temporary foreign workers across the country who are afraid to complain about how they are being exploited by Canadian employers, for fear of losing their jobs.

Harsha Walia, an activist with No One is Illegal, a Canadian grassroots migrant justice group, agrees with Hunt that the temporary foreign worker program fosters worker exploitation.

"I think it is really positive that the Steelworkers are alive to the danger of anti-Chinese racism in this context," Walia told the Tyee. "That's a big improvement on sometimes racist responses from trade unionists to foreign workers in the past. Mr. Hunt is right when he says that temporary workers are likely to be exploited."

Walia said that the broader context for the debate about foreign coal miners is a major shift in the Canadian workforce being engineered by the Harper government.

"Temporary foreign workers now represent the largest group of immigrants to Canada," she said. "The temporary worker programs are the flip side of outsourcing. Instead of sending Canadian work to the Third World to chase cheap labour, the programs bring in immigrant workers to work cheap and precariously in Canada. It just lowers the wage floor for everyone. We have a federal government that is committed to making labour more 'flexible' and profits higher for their friends in business."

http://thetyee.ca/News/2012/10/15/China-Temp-Miners/">//http://thetyee.ca/News/2012/10/15/China-Temp-Miners/

Thanks, Clark and Harper.

Gary Oak

The problem i have with this is Harper has made it more difficult for Chinese and East Indian to do scam marriages and other scams to scam their population into Canada in efforts to take over this Country from us and turn it into a sleazy hellhole. This appears to be another new  method of scamming chinese into the country in efforts outpopulate Canadians. If the country is 60% chinese then isn't it a part of China ? In their minds it is. If you look at the track record of how minorities are treated when Chinese take over it is a very bad scenario for the newly "minority-ised"

Securious

[size=200]Japan On High Alert Chinese Warships Spotted[/size]

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/16/japan-on-high-alert-after-chinese-warships-spotted-near-disputed-island/">http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/16 ... ed-island/">http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/16/japan-on-high-alert-after-chinese-warships-spotted-near-disputed-island/

are you ready Canada

Securious

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Securious"
G'morning Securious, how's it going?

Still sleepy but having balmy weather here. It was stormy last night with  thunder and lightening, quite the boomer's overhead. Posted 25'Cel yesterday in our neck of the woods. First thing I do is check the INTERNET for changes overseas and at home.  MGuinty is gone!!! Hurray! Was a long time coming, Ontarians were sorely pissed by his blundering appeasements to China, trips to China and all the malarkey that went with it. Probably the worst situation Ontario has been in ever by his administration. Liberals wont stand a chance there for a long time, watch though the NDP!

Overseas the Chinese are bullying again with Japan. Belligerent as usual they are sending in war class vessels.

At home NEXEN remains a worry for many Canadians but I think its safe to say its gone south. Our Central Banker [representative for the BOE/Rothschild's] loves the idea China should take over the oil patch, thinks its great.

How about you while I'm sloshing down a mug of tea here and linguine w/ratatouille [my own cooking BTW]

My kinda breakfast.

Rand

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Securious"I think she is great and more power to her. Do you think she is great Romero?

I wouldn't say "great" but she's not against Canada.

It's pretty disgusting of you and Gary to accuse Chinese immigrants of being against Canada. Innocent, fine people that you two know nothing about. Hating them just because they're Chinese.

Be very careful and consider this a warning troll/Romero. We wont stand for anyone making wild personal accusations about people hating. There is no substantiating evidence that these two are haters only in your mind. Furthermore anyone showing cause for concern over Canada's safety and security we want to know about it and their points are valid so far. This forum is libertarian, considerate,forward-thinking and progressive than the other variety on MemeBee. Security matters weigh heavily as one of our highest priorities here. We have noticed your panache for baseless hysterical accusations and finger pointing and we wont stand for it so we are asking you to stop it or be banned from posting here. Consider this your first warning. This also goes for others planning this type of trolling too.

Romero

Quote from: "Gary Oak"...if a people from a nation have proven themselves to be united against Canada to a sufficient degree such as Chinese immigrants have proven to be then shouldn't the welcome matt be taken away and given to those who actually like Canadians ?

Quote from: "Securious"Unfortunately on the surface this appears incredulous but dig a little and one finds it to be true.

There ya go, Ayn.

Romero

Chinese immigrants aren't "fifth columnists". They're excellent future Canadians.

Securious

You aren't making sense Romero. There is reasonable belief that the Chinese diaspora are controlled by Beijing. Time after time They themselves have opened up about this exchange between the "Motherland" Beijing and those they "allow to leave". For your information there are those who incredibly endure living in fear that China will find and eliminate them. Journalists have had encounters with political dissenters who time after time claim this indentured schism is in practise, a key focal point to their brand of "Totalitarian Facist Communism".

Romero

Quote from: "Securious"There is reasonable belief that the Chinese diaspora are controlled by Beijing.

No there isn't. But there is definitive proof that Chinese immigrants have helped make Canada a great country.

"Belief". Exactly. You simply wish to believe it.

Where are all these Beijing controlled diaspora? I don't see them anywhere. You don't see them anywhere. We just see fine Chinese Canadians.