News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7345
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 16, 2024, 10:59:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Will the Stock Market Crash & the Economy tank if Trump wins the US Election?

Started by JOE, May 13, 2024, 09:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

I'm starting ta wonder.

Oh and btw, this isn't even my opinion or prediction. But those mostly Right Wing/conservative Trump supporters in the United States. A lot of them have expressed this anxiety on YouTube & other social media platforms.

And it isn't necessarily Trump's fault.

More like - I believe the US economy may be prime pumped right now before the election & itll be done to make the current administration & Biden look good cuz the people who control the system support him.

However if Trump gets in they'd rather it all comes crashing down under his watch so he gets all the blame. In other words they'll prop up a faltering economy for Biden but not for Trump.

Any thoughts on this?

Is there a conspiracy/plan to pass all the blame onto Trump? Will his supporters be punished for voting him back in?

Or...is this analysis wrong?

Will it go parabolic the other way where another Trump presidency will be a catalyst to spur renewed economic growth?
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 2 View List

Garraty_47

Wasn't this same topic discussed not long ago?

Anyway, my answer is the same:

If you want to worry about the economy tanking forget domestic policy (capitalists aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot over which figurehead gets to sit in the oval office) and pay attention to de-dollarization and the economic realignments being led by BRICS.

The world's justifiably seeking alternatives to the weaponized dollar and when those changes happen on a large enough scale we're not just talking about one bad quarterly outlook; it's going to be long-term if not permanent.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

The stock market and economy are crashing either way.

The democrats have already dumped in enough poison pills to ensure that outcome so that if Trump wins they can blame him and their lemmings will accept

and if he is cheated out of office once again they'll just tell their lemming base to grin and bear it, or just say nothing at all and their lemming based will accept

they know wrecking the economy is win win for them as it is not like any of them will have to suffer the consequence. Or so they believe.

Lokmar

I dont care. Trump will ultimately be great for the economy.

The things to watch tho are things like GM killing off another brand and a shit ton of banks closing. Those will ignite a financial shitstorm.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Looks like it's already starting -

Nearly 100 Red Lobsters marked 'closed' on restaurant site

Red Lobster locations across the country started closing abruptly Monday, surprising residents and, at least in one case, a city official.

As of Tuesday, 90 locations in 27 states were listed as "closed" on the restaurant's website.

Residents in Florida, New York, Iowa and Illinois, among others, found the stores suddenly shuttered.

"I was just notified by one of our local Red Lobster managers that after 31 years of serving our community, without notice, their parent company laid off the entire crew and closed the restaurant effective immediately," Danville, Illinois Mayor Rickey Williams Jr. wrote in a Facebook post. "This is despite the fact that they were rated number 15 out of over 600 stores for customer service & satisfaction last year."

Red Lobster owner Thai Union Group announced in January 2024 that it was looking to sell its stake in the brand, citing the impact of a "combination of [the] COVID-19 pandemic, sustained industry headwinds, higher interest rates and rising material and labor costs" on profits.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4661653-nearly-100-red-lobsters-marked-closed-on-restaurant-site-see-the-full-list/
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 View List