Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Justin Troodo

Started by Obvious Li, October 07, 2012, 06:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Poor little Justine's green agenda is falling apart.

Herman

Funny Funny x 1 View List

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on November 18, 2023, 03:32:12 PMWho the hell does he think he is that he can tell another Western democracy how they should defend their men, women, and children.
A shitheel and a cunt who is accustomed to treating his own country's men, women and children as though they are of no consequence, that's who. And he does feel that way about the Canadian population - hell, he threw some of his longest standing associates under the bus when he locked Canada down to appease his masters at the WEF. Don't tell me he has any love for the people of Canada.

He expects the same level of overt dispassion from Netenyahu when it comes to Israel. Especially now that his (Truedeaup's) political currency is such that he's getting booed out of place after place.

Quote from: DKG on November 18, 2023, 03:32:12 PMIsrael has been exercising restrant. The truth is, Israel could have completely blitzed and bombed all of Gaza into submission in the first three days.
True. Though the ability to do just that has been tempered by how Israel would be received if they had done just that. Hamas really put them in a no-win situation; either be slagged off for responding in such fashion or be considered weak for not responding at all.

Once that much is understood, the logical outcome becomes abundantly clear. Israel can and will move head in whatever manner they see fit. So what if it makes them pariahs among "the goyim". A good many of those had already been dismissed as "Jew hating nazis" anyway and with so many jumping to defend the descendants of those palestinians who were allied with the actual nazis in WW2, I wouldn't pretend to be taking their screams for a ceasefire seriously either.

But then I also don't pretend I need to be funding the war effort either. On either side. I've determined there is a far more pressing conflaguration on my own doorstep, and it's being waged by the very same pricks who are demanding I join some mob to tell the middle east how to behave.

Fuck that. My idea of holding the line is to hold my own elected officials toes to the fire for how they treat me and mine.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Herman

I know a lot, maybe most charities are bullshit. But, this cash grab is because Justine is wasting our money, running up the debt, and not making us any better off.

Trudeau tries to loot charitable sector to fund his high-spending government
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/diane-francis-trudeau-tries-loot-183741227.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

The profligate Trudeau government is proposing a tax reform to ensure fair tax contributions from all, but in reality it's nothing more than a stealth tax hike designed to fill government coffers at the expense of Canadian charities. The tax grab is coming by way of proposed changes to the alternative minimum tax (AMT), and the country's donors and charity fundraisers are upset.

This year's budget estimated that the changes will net the government a windfall of about $625 million in 2024-25 and $745 million by 2027-28. Clearly, this isn't about ensuring tax fairness. It's a revenue grab by a government with runaway expenses.

Since Trudeau came to power, federal government employment has jumped by 31 per cent, increasing by 80,000 employees. (The Canadian population increased by only 8.5 per cent over that period.) Federal spending has also increased — jumping from $280.4 billion in the 2014-15 fiscal year to this year's projected expenses of $496.9 billion. Next year, the government expects to spend $151 billion more than it did in 2014-15.

"And under Freeland's current plan, the spending will move higher in the years to come. Her budget projects spending will ring in at $555.7 billion in 2027-28," according to the CBC. "Total program expenses as a share of the economy — a figure that includes all government spending other than public debt charges — is at its highest point in three decades. In 2014-15, program spending was 12.8 per cent of gross domestic product. It's over 16 per cent now."

All this spending has been financed with increasingly higher taxes and debt. The Trudeau government has never posted a budget surplus and debts total $1.2 trillion.

This attempt to divert money away from non-profits that are reliant on the public's generosity will only serve to further hurt Canadian society.

DKG

This was written by Jock Finalayson, a senior fellow at the Fraser Institute. It appeared in the Toronto Sun.

Trudeau gov't clearly misstates its economic record

"Denominator blindness" refers to situations where people fail to put what seem to be big numbers into proper context. The affliction is especially common among governments seeking to justify their spending and other policy decisions. In Canada, denominator blindness has become a central feature of the narratives peddled by many politicians.

For example, the Trudeau government's recent economic update, which includes a forward by Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland where she notes that the International Monetary Fund expects Canada to have "the strongest economic growth in the G7 next year." She also insists her government is fostering economic growth that "creates middle-class jobs, raises incomes, and makes middle-class communities more prosperous."
Both claims lack context and misstate the government's economic record.

Prosperity is measured using both a numerator, typically the amount of output the economy produces in a year, and a denominator, the size of the population. A larger population means the economic pie must be divided into more slices to estimate how much "output" is available to the average resident. With a rapidly expanding population, the economy must generate a lot more output merely to stop the individual pie slices from shrinking.

Ad
Amazon
Minister Freeland is correct that Canada's economy has been growing, both since the worst of the COVID shock in late 2020/early-2021 and over the period when the Trudeau government has been in power. But she ignores the bigger picture, which shows two important things.

First, since 2015 Canada has posted some of the weakest economic growth numbers, measured on a per-person basis, in half a century. The pattern of feeble economic growth was evident before the onset of COVID.

Second, Canada is among the few advanced economies where output or gross domestic product (GDP) per person in 2023 has still not returned to pre-pandemic levels. In part, this reflects surging population growth, which affects the denominator that helps determine whether economic growth is producing gains in average incomes and living standards. In Canada's case, modest economic growth combined with a skyrocketing population has resulted in a multi-year decline in per-person income and erosion of overall prosperity. Adjusted for inflation, GDP per person is still two per cent lower than in 2019.

Denominator blindness also characterizes recent attempts by the federal, Ontario and Quebec governments to explain why they're allocating up to $50 billion in subsidies and tax incentives to lure a handful of electric vehicle battery manufacturers to Canada. The politicians making these decisions point to the several thousand jobs the EV manufacturing facilities will support once they are fully operational. But they won't discuss how this fits within the larger job market.

Total employment in Canada is 20.1 million, with almost 1.8 million jobs in manufacturing. The vast sums being thrown at EV battery manufacturers will have essentially no impact on the aggregate job numbers and barely make a ripple, even in the manufacturing sector. Moreover, not all the promised EV jobs will be "new" positions — many workers attracted to the EV industry will likely be drawn from other businesses, worsening skill shortages that are plaguing Canadian manufacturers.

Perhaps aspiring politicians should be required to study the basic arithmetic of fractions before they run for office.

Thiel

There are two culprits: rampant immigration and the economic cluelessness of the Trudeau government.

When immigration is factored in, Canada's per capita GDP will fall by more than 2% this year. That's right, the Canadian economy (and with it the national standard of living) is shrinking.

In simple terms, we are allowing in more newcomers every year than our economy and job markets can absorb, so while our economy is expanding a little on the surface, every year there is less and less wealth to go around.
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

Canada is building enough new housing units (houses, condos, townhouses and apartments) to accommodate just under 300,000 newcomers a year. Meanwhile, we are admitting closer to 500,000. This does not include TFW's which put the number of people admitted and in need of housing, education, and health care closer to one million per annum.

If you have 40% more customers for a product — any product — than you have products, what happens to the price? It goes way, way up. This applies to housing every bit as much as it does to cars, groceries and handbags.

Moreover, the housing affordability crisis is unlikely to get better anytime soon, because the Trudeau government is neither encouraging home building fast enough nor willing to cut back immigration levels until the housing market catches up.

Also, the Liberals' record-high spending and massive expansion of the federal civil service have led to the inflation that has caused the Bank of Canada to jack up interest rates to the highest levels in more than 20 years.

That not only makes it more expensive to buy a home, but according to Marc Desormeaux, principal economist at Desjardins, high interest rates led to a decline in residential housing investment of more than 12% last year.

It costs so much to borrow the money needed to develop new homes that construction may well decline until rates come down, at precisely the time the Trudeau government is set to ramp up immigration still further.

Herman

You take out illegal immigration and the US takes a third of the immigrants that we do. We cannot keep this up and stay a first world country.

Thiel

For Liberal strategist Warren calls the working agreement between Trudeau and Singh the axis of weasels. :crampe:

Lokmar

Sounds like you guys need the chanks to develop "Super Aids"!

Herman

Justine should have resigned a few months ago.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Adolf Oliver Bush

Truedeaup should pull his sweaty lower lip over his fucking head and swallow. Only one small problem... the WEF faithful in all three major parties will simply mint another puppet as equally treasonous as he.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

Trudeau government has also developed a habit of reacting to almost every criticism or setback as an example of "misinformation and disinformation." In just the last year, Liberal MPs have uttered the word "misinformation" in the House of Commons or in Parliamentary committees no less than 278 times.

Brent

The whole system since the Trudeau government came to power in 2015 has been designed to maximize the number of people admitted into the country, whether they technically qualify as refugees or asylum seekers.

While Roxham Road may have closed, the flow of illegal immigrants has remained the same or even increased.

There are no more news photos and videos of immigrant families hauling rolling suitcases through the snow into southern Quebec.

Instead, the problem has moved to Canada's airports, where federal Liberal policies and a handful of activist court rulings have granted anyone arriving in Canada years and years of appeals before they can be expelled. If they are ever expelled. Increasingly, Liberal-appointed refugee appeal judges rarely encounter an asylum claim they wouldn't grant.

Herman

Immigration is out of control in this control. Justine is to blame.

Canada has added more than 1 million people and counting in 2023, it's unsustainable
The Trudeau Liberals have allowed the immigration file to get out of hand
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-canada-has-added-more-than-1-million-people-and-counting-in-2023-its-unsustainable

The quarterly population estimate released by Statistics Canada should be sobering for Canada's political class.

We are on track to add between 1.2 and 1.5 million new people by the end of this year.

But as we add this massive number of people, we aren't keeping up with the required housing, infrastructure or health-care resources to match the population.

Just last week, the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation announced housing starts were down 22% across the country in November — but Montreal was down 30% while Toronto and Vancouver were down 39% each. Nothing like solving the housing crisis by bringing in far more people while building fewer homes for people to live in.

Most of the growth in the last quarter wasn't even permanent residents with just 107,972 people coming in that category. Instead, the bulk of the growth, some 73% of the total, came from 312,578 temporary workers and students arriving in that time frame.

This is not a sustainable system and needs to be fixed.

Consider that so far this year, our population has essentially added another Ottawa-Gatineau region to our country with none of the infrastructure that goes with that million-plus population. By the end of the year that increase in population will be equal to another Calgary but, again, with none of the infrastructure.

The Trudeau Liberals have allowed the immigration file to get out of hand, helping to fuel the housing crisis, while their policies, like the Impact Assessment Act, stop or delay needed projects from going ahead. At a time when we need to be building, the Trudeau Liberals have fought highways, housing projects, power plants and more.

You can't add that many people without adding the infrastructure or cracks will begin to show in the system. We already have seen the impact of immigration on housing prices in key areas like Toronto and Vancouver but we are seeing an increased strain on our health system as well with people unable to access care.

The mismanagement of this file brought about something I never thought I'd see — the Liberals broke the trust Canadians had in our system. For years there was a general consensus supporting high immigration levels based on a well-managed and fair system.

As we've seen with recent polling, Canadians are questioning the system now.

Unless the government gets a handle on this file, expect the questioning to turn hostile and support to fade away.