The best topic

Replies: 7027
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:27:31 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Justin Troodo

Started by Obvious Li, October 07, 2012, 06:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

weebles

Quote from: Thiel post_id=505577 time=1688695404 user_id=1688
Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505405 time=1688589884 user_id=3397
PPC or bust.

They are the only party that will end the dairy monopoly that artificially inflates the price of milk in Canada.

I like our Dairy system since we do not overproduced and it protects Canadian dairy farmers from getting swapped by American producers.

Also American milk  seems over pasteurized compared to our Canadian products.

Thiel

"I like our Dairy system since we do not overproduced and it protects Canadian dairy farmers from getting swapped by American producers."

Supply management has no benefit for consumers. When Canada's 11.000 fairy farmers overproduce their quota, the milk is dumped. In a non supply managed system, the price goes down.

"Also American milk  seems over pasteurized compared to our Canadian products."

That should be up to consumers to decide, not the government.
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

Quote from: Thiel post_id=505580 time=1688697375 user_id=1688
"I like our Dairy system since we do not overproduced and it protects Canadian dairy farmers from getting swapped by American producers."

Supply management has no benefit for consumers. When Canada's 11.000 fairy farmers overproduce their quota, the milk is dumped. In a non supply managed system, the price goes down.

Absolutely not! The smartest men to ever live, The American Founders, knew full well the importance of protecting home production via tariffs. If America had followed its own charter, 90% of what Americans buy wouldnt be made in China.

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=505582 time=1688700144 user_id=3351

Absolutely not! The smartest men to ever live, The American Founders, knew full well the importance of protecting home production via tariffs. If America had followed its own charter, 90% of what Americans buy wouldnt be made in China.

Do you want to pay more for cheese, butter, and milk only because the Liberal and Conservative parties are trying to buy votes in rural Quebec. That is where half this country's dairy comes from. It aint about lost jobs, because no jobs would be lost if we ended our political agriculture. it is about politics.

Herman

That was a first rate cunting. :thumbup:

Lokmar

Quote from: Herman post_id=505586 time=1688702283 user_id=3396
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=505582 time=1688700144 user_id=3351

Do you want to pay more for cheese, butter, and milk only because the Liberal and Conservative parties are trying to buy votes in rural Quebec. That is where half this country's dairy comes from. It aint about lost jobs, because no jobs would be lost if we ended our political agriculture. it is about politics.

YEP!!! 10000%! NOTHING is more important than protecting your means of production. NOTHING! I'd gladly pay $20 for toe nail clippers made here.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=505667 time=1688743340 user_id=3351
Quote from: Herman post_id=505586 time=1688702283 user_id=3396

YEP!!! 10000%! NOTHING is more important than protecting your means of production. NOTHING! I'd gladly pay $20 for toe nail clippers made here.

I see you do not understand how Canada's managed dairy supply works.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=505671 time=1688744200 user_id=3390
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=505667 time=1688743340 user_id=3351

I absolutely dont and it doesnt matter if I did. The last thing any country should do is fuck itself in the ass like America has done by allowing production to move elsewhere. America is a fucking disaster and China is rich AF now. Tariffs are ALWAYS the answer. There's a better solution for Canada than simply turning over your business to the cheeseheads in Wisconsin.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=505689 time=1688746664 user_id=3351
Quote from: DKG post_id=505671 time=1688744200 user_id=3390

I absolutely dont and it doesnt matter if I did. The last thing any country should do is fuck itself in the ass like America has done by allowing production to move elsewhere. America is a fucking disaster and China is rich AF now. Tariffs are ALWAYS the answer. There's a better solution for Canada than simply turning over your business to the cheeseheads in Wisconsin.

I am just saying without understanding our very convoluted politically driven dairy supply management system, you are making an apples to oranges comparison.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=505692 time=1688746878 user_id=3390
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=505689 time=1688746664 user_id=3351

I am just saying without understanding our very convoluted politically driven dairy supply management system, you are making an apples to oranges comparison.

My point is that if you have a fucked up government with idiotic policies, your solution lies within fixing that problem, not outside of the country.

Imaging if we in America simply told China that they could export all the dairy products they want into America. Fuk that! Slit my throat now before I grow a second one!!!

Herman

PBO gives the real costs of Justine's climate policies.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-pbo-gives-the-real-costs-of-climate-policies#:~:text=The%20PBO%20begs%20to%20differ%2C%20noting%20it%20will%20increase%20the,natural%20gas%20is%20not%20available">https://torontosun.com/opinion/editoria ... 0available">https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-pbo-gives-the-real-costs-of-climate-policies#:~:text=The%20PBO%20begs%20to%20differ%2C%20noting%20it%20will%20increase%20the,natural%20gas%20is%20not%20available

The reason the Trudeau government keeps freaking out about reports by Parliamentary Budget Officer Yves Giroux on its climate change policies, is that he keeps reminding it — and us — that there are costs.

That is, that when you put a price tag on something that has never had a price tag — industrial greenhouse gas emissions — our cost-of-living increases.

The federal government constantly skirts this fact, even as it boasts of spending more than $200 billion addressing climate change — $200 billion of our money.

Indeed, with every new climate-related tax, fee and public subsidy the Liberal government brings in — its message is the same.

Carbon taxes? No problem, the Liberals say. Climate action incentive payments in the provinces where people pay the tax leave them better off.

Clean Fuel Regulations? No problem, the Liberals say. The price impact won't be felt immediately and will be small.

The PBO begs to differ, noting it will increase the cost of gasoline and diesel fuel significantly by 2030 and disproportionately hit low-income earners, as well as people living in Atlantic Canada, many of whom use oil to heat their homes because natural gas is not available.

As Giroux told the National Post last year: "The moment you decide to decarbonize the economy in a relatively short period of time — and we're talking here less than 10 years to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions — it's clear that there is going to be a cost."

It's also clear, as Giroux notes, that the benefits of addressing climate change — such as less severe weather — depend on what other countries do because with 1.5% of global emissions, Canada could achieve net zero emissions tomorrow and the impact would be non-existent.

Ditto, anticipated savings from new technologies which haven't yet been invented.

Between a government selling a policy and an independent financial watchdog reporting on costs, we think it's obvious who should be believed.

The PBO begs to differ, noting that when the impact of the carbon tax on the economy is considered, average households end up hundreds of dollars annually worse off, rising to thousands of dollars when the tax is fully implemented in 2030.

Herman

Justine has hired 98,268 bureaucrats since 2015. Are you better off because of these expensive politically motivated hires? Are your wages higher? Do you have more money in your pockets. Do you have more choice in your lives and jobs? Other than those 98,268 bureaucrats, the rest of us will answer no.

JOE

I might sit next election out.

Vote for No One.

Either that or some clear thinking non aligned Indepedent who'll no doubt face electoral defeat.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: JOE post_id=506923 time=1689118968 user_id=97
I might sit next election out.

Vote for No One.

Vote for PPC.  They'll lose, but when we start importing 2,000,000+ immigrants every year, at least you can say you voted against it.

JOE

Quote from: Herman post_id=506916 time=1689116885 user_id=3396
Justine has hired 98,268 bureaucrats since 2015. Are you better off because of these expensive politically motivated hires? Are your wages higher? Do you have more money in your pockets. Do you have more choice in your lives and jobs? Other than those 98,268 bureaucrats, the rest of us will answer no.

Trudeau is def outta control.

You're right he's going too far & admitted way too many immigrants for the country to absorb.

And I say that as someone who actually voted for him.

I think we need a change. Not necessarily Poilievre but someone more like Erin O'Toole.

Maybe all this rad chit Trudeau's doing is a sign that he may not run again?

Git as much done while he can before he runs for the exits & while the Liberals are still in power?