The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Chinese military spying on United States

Started by Laughing Out Loud, February 22, 2013, 06:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blue"Since the 80s when they peeked, but they started contracting out of country to keep up, and went bust when economy's changed.

Same here, we did it, and Europe also.

The Japanese people have a helluva lot of money saved, but their economy just can't seem to maintain any growth momentum. Even if they had pro-growth policies it would be hard to do that because of the demographic tsunami they are facing. They have more seniors in diapers than babies. :o

Outside of Tokyo the evidence that Japan is a nation with a high percentage of elderly people is everywhere.

Laughing Out Loud

Frost

Quote from: "Blue"Since the 80s when they peeked, but they started contracting out of country to keep up, and went bust when economy's changed.

The Japanese people have a helluva lot of money saved, but their economy just can't seem to maintain any growth momentum. Even if they had pro-growth policies it would be hard to do that because of the demographic tsunami they are facing. They have more seniors in diapers than babies. :o

Yeah, and that's a shame they have so little motivation now to have kids.

I think eventually they will open to more immigration, but it will be hard one the older generations to admit they need it, or to get over their stigmas.

I would call it racism, but I wont  ;)  maybe I just pick it up that way from some I knew.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"

Yeah, and that's a shame they have so little motivation now to have kids.

I think eventually they will open to more immigration, but it will be hard one the older generations to admit they need it, or to get over their stigmas.

I would call it racism, but I wont  ;)  maybe I just pick it up that way from some I knew.

Blue, have you ever been to Japan? More immigration? A nation of immigrants? It will never happen.

Frost

No sir, never been, but like I mentioned I know a few, and have known a lot over the years.

They are really sensitive people for educate, and sticklers for some things.

I don't see them letting immigration happen much either, but they do need it.

Mixed relations is looked down on, and for social class.

Where they would put new people, who knows .

Frost

I remember something like that, and have known Japanese that felt the same here.

I'm not sure if it's the same racism we have, but I see it as a form of it since they are looking down on people of color .

I have to say I knew a few blacks that are the smartest, and most cultured people I have ever known.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I remember something like that, and have known Japanese that felt the same here.

I'm not sure if it's the same racism we have, but I see it as a form of it since they are looking down on people of color .

I have to say I knew a few blacks that are the smartest, and most cultured people I have ever known.

Some Taiwanese share such racists as the former Japanese pm.

:(

Frost

I don't get the racism myself, I would think the people receiving the bad treatment would have more reason to feel ill towards the other.

People can look down on ignorant people, but usually they are ignorant because of lack of something the others don't have.

I guess social practices can be part .

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I don't get the racism myself, I would think the people receiving the bad treatment would have more reason to feel ill towards the other.

People can look down on ignorant people, but usually they are ignorant because of lack of something the others don't have.

I guess social practices can be part .

That's it along with a host of other factors including our history..

I don't lecture relatives and friends from Taiwan, just be an example.

Frost

I try to be an example, but also wont sit, and listen to it. I have some in the extended family that is racist, they say they are not though.

I'm just glad I don't see them often, I can do without that stuff.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I try to be an example, but also wont sit, and listen to it. I have some in the extended family that is racist, they say they are not though.

I'm just glad I don't see them often, I can do without that stuff.

I still like to see my family and friends from Taiwan even if their views are distasteful to me..

Frost

Well a few of mine like to make jokes, and take bad, i wont stand for it, and Ill say something nasty to them if I stay.

I have family that is Black, and from the Philippines, I don't take it them being offended with me around.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Well a few of mine like to make jokes, and take bad, i wont stand for it, and Ill say something nasty to them if I stay.

I have family that is Black, and from the Philippines, I don't take it them being offended with me around.

It's a little different for East Asians I assume..

Racial stereotypes are perpetuated in schools and that is what almost all of them are repeating.

Frost

I noticed the darker you are the more the Japanese, many Americans, Hindi, Israelis, and even Arabs they treat people worse.

No real good reason, just their nose in the air.

I have to say I dislike more people that look like me than I do anyone else, I have nothing against someone for color, that's just ignorant.

Frost

Same here, and I really just rather be left to myself, and not to deal with that stuff.

I wont stand for it though, and will speak out even if some don't like it.

A few in my extended family know I don't like it, and a few older friends.