Replies: 7374
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:29:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

2016-2017 Hockey Season

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, October 27, 2016, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Vancouver has been terrible for some time and for more years to come. They are cursed to have deplorable fans. Deplorable fans don't deserve a shining team.

The team is deplorable for sure.

Their two best players are the aging Sedin Sisters.

After they're gone, there's nothing in the works to replace them.

So they'll probably get worse and worse.

Actually, the hardcore faithful are incredibly faithful here.

They put up with seasons of losing with no end in sight, and still the stands are filled to no less than 90% capacity.

If you went down to Rogers place, you'd rarely see such a well behaved bunch.

But they are incredibly naive to think their team has a chance.

I think the reason Vancouver can only get Swedes to play here is they want the mild weather and the easy West Coast Lifestyle.

They show up for their jobs and play with about as much enthusiasm as a tradesman punching the Clock.

And when the season is over, they either go golfing or fishing then punch out.

methinks the city a team plays in has to have a bit of grit or else they never win the championship.

Places like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Edmonton aint exactly the nicest places to live in, but at least they get results.

A bit of Blue Collar Grit helps. Oil Town, Murder Capital of the States, SteelTown, whatever.

Vancouver seems to sedate, urbane & politically correct and the fans and players have it too easy here.

@realAzhyaAryola

Capitals fans ignite Verizon Center tonight!

Justin Williams thought his goal was good but the time had run out. 0-0. First intermission. Puck drops in 20 minutes against the Islanders. Go Caps Go!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Calgary beat Toronto three to zero after Toronto beat Edmonton.

@realAzhyaAryola

Caps trailing behind the Lightning for 3 periods in Tampa Bay and bam, finally, a goal from the visiting ice warriors. Sigh. Another lackluster game. Tied at 1-1.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Caps trailing behind the Lightning for 3 periods in Tampa Bay and bam, finally, a goal from the visiting ice warriors. Sigh. Another lackluster game. Tied at 1-1.

Washington isn't having a good season so far Azhya?

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"No.

They have some good players, that's surprising.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

:laugh: Thank you, Vancouver Canucks! We are killing you tonight in DC. Keep it up!

The Caps is playing tonight like a well-oiled machine. Kewl!
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola":laugh: Thank you, Vancouver Canucks! We are killing you tonight in DC. Keep it up!

The Caps is playing tonight like a well-oiled machine. Kewl!

If they can't beat the Canucks, they should trade their sticks and skates for ballet shoes.

Anonymous

Calgary beat Winnipeg six to two.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

We're killing Tampa Bay Lighting! Woohoo! 4-0 third period, 11:27 left in the game!
@realAzhyaAryola

Angry White Male