Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Air conditioning not cold

Started by Vancouver, February 28, 2013, 12:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

The air conditioner in my car is not cold anymore. Someone said I need to being it to a shop to recharge the refrigerant. Anybody know how much it cost and how often do you guys do this?
Time is malleable

Vancouver

Have you ever brought your car to the shop for it? I know Alberta is fairly cold so you probably don't have ac all that often. In 2005 when I was in Banff during the summer I had to wear a jacket.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Have you ever brought your car to the shop for it? I know Alberta is fairly cold so you probably don't have ac all that often. In 2005 when I was in Banff during the summer I had to wear a jacket.

There will be a book rate at a garage for most jobs they do. It's a minor job, so it will be a basic fee that you will pay. Take no time at all once it is on the shop floor.

Anonymous

Hey TVG, did you take your car to a garage?

Vancouver

Quote from: "seoulbro"Hey TVG, did you take your car to a garage?

No. It's not important right now. Just need it for the summer. My car was at a shop two months ago. I collided with another car last September. Just some scratches on the left front fender and some rim rashes. My sister did something similar to the right side the year before. My dad's an auto technician. He covered it up with touch up paint and got rid of the scratches. I finally got the car fixed two months ago. They sprayed it with real paint and fixed the rim rashes. The car is like new now.

Last night or this morning someone put dog poop on my car. The door on the driver's side. Also stole the N letter that I have to stick on the back of the car cause of my novice license. What asshole would do this? Maybe I should sell the car and get a Toyota Primus or Ford Focus. Having the only Mercedes on the block makes me a target.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Hey TVG, did you take your car to a garage?

No. It's not important right now. Just need it for the summer. My car was at a shop two months ago. I collided with another car last September. Just some scratches on the left front fender and some rim rashes. My sister did something similar to the right side the year before. My dad's an auto technician. He covered it up with touch up paint and got rid of the scratches. I finally got the car fixed two months ago. They sprayed it with real paint and fixed the rim rashes. The car is like new now.

Last night or this morning someone put dog poop on my car. The door on the driver's side. Also stole the N letter that I have to stick on the back of the car cause of my novice license. What asshole would do this? Maybe I should sell the car and get a Toyota Primus or Ford Focus. Having the only Mercedes on the block makes me a target.

Ah, that`s too bad VancouverGuy..

I can tell you are a nice, responsible boy...you did nothing to deserve this..

At least their was no damage done.

Frost

Unless you know the high, and low end of the AC system it's better you let someone else do it .

The kits are good, and not that hard to use, but you need to know where to put it in at, you get it wrong it can lead to more trouble.

Maybe the person at the Auto parts store can tell you if they are knowledgeable, or look around on the internet for instructions, or video even for your vehicle.

Frost

Sad someone would mess your car up, people can be so low for no reason a lot of times.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Sad someone would mess your car up, people can be so low for no reason a lot of times.

I don't understand why anyone would do that Mr Blue.

Frost

No telling, maybe Vancouver Guy left his dog poo on their lawn, or they thought it was his.

Still no reason, but some silly people think that way.

I had a bad neighbor throw it on my house, and drive because she said she was just mad.

She told the police though that I tossed it over her yard, well I have no dog, and even if I wouldn't.

The police was going to charge her, but I agreed to let her clean it up.

Vancouver

I always pick up my poop. I live in a duplex. Maybe she or he thought I was my neighbor in the suite next to ours. They have a little dog too. I would let mine stop and sniff the trees. Maybe he or she thought my dog was pooping.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I always pick up my poop. I live in a duplex. Maybe she or he thought I was my neighbor in the suite next to ours. They have a little dog too. I would let mine stop and sniff the trees. Maybe he or she thought my dog was pooping.

VG, you did nothing wrong. Stop blaming yourself. It was kids or adolescents that did this. Find out who they are and kick their fucking asses. You have to send a fucking message.

Don't encourage VancouverGuy to use violence. He will only get into trouble.

Frost

They if them likely found the poo, and saw you with a dog, but they should have just asked instead of doing that.

I hope it don't happen again to you VG.

Frost

LOL maybe, but they could be worse, and slit the tires then.

Seems we all need cams set up anymore, but finding a good one we can afford is an issue.

I need some that show good quality at a distance at night, they are expensive.

Frost

I would also, but would want to make sure who it was first.