Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:08:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Yo Gobbling Yanks!

Started by RW, November 23, 2016, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Happy Thanksgiving!

Got any fun traditions or interesting dishes you prepare in interesting ways?
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

deep fried turkey with cajun marinade injected....

RW

Quote from: "deadskinmask"deep fried turkey with cajun marinade injected....

Now we're talking!

How long does it take to deep fry a bird?

How much oil does it use?

What's in Cajun marinade?
Beware of Gaslighters!

deadskinmask

birds depend on weight and how done you like it. but it takes two gallons of oil for me. sometimes three BUT the oil is reuseable.... and cajun marinade is butter melted with crushed red pepper flakes, cayanne pepper, black pepper and garlic salt. then you fill a special hypo-dermic needle and shoot it all through the turkey.... it seal up when it hits the grease and evens out as it cooks....

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"Happy Thanksgiving!

Got any fun traditions or interesting dishes you prepare in interesting ways?

Thank you

Nothing special this year. Just the wife and I. Fried are very good. I would stick with the Cajun marinade but there are a lot of variations on that as well. We like to use Tony Chacheres when we bake or grill. The spicier the better.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

How do you do gravy when you deep fry?

Honestly, I've never heard of spicy turkey before.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"How do you do gravy when you deep fry?

To get a little stock you could boil the neck but we use chicken stock and go from there. I like a giblet gravy with celery, onion, and sliced boiled egg. We cook the neck till the meat starts falling off and use that too.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I have had fried turkey..

We considered buying a turkey fryer, but we feel it might be a little dangerous.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Fashionista"

We considered buying a turkey fryer, but we feel it might be a little dangerous.

its only dangerous if its frozen at all.... just make absolutely sure its thawed and its fine.... well.... as fine as possible with 3 gallons of boiling grease.... :laugh:

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"

To get a little stock you could boil the neck but we use chicken stock and go from there. I like a giblet gravy with celery, onion, and sliced boiled egg. We cook the neck till the meat starts falling off and use that too.

Sliced boiled egg???
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"

its only dangerous if its frozen at all.... just make absolutely sure its thawed and its fine.... well.... as fine as possible with 3 gallons of boiling grease.... :laugh:

:ohmy:

deadskinmask

how did you think turkeys get fried? blow marijuana smoke in their face? :laugh:

Anonymous

how did you think turkeys get fried? blow marijuana smoke in their face? :laugh:

Yes, yes, I did.

:laugh:

deadskinmask

Yes, yes, I did.

:laugh:

well.... that sounds like alot more fun than dumb ol grease.... i may try it and post my results.... :laugh:

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "kiebers"

Sliced boiled egg???

Believe it or not...yes. It's the way my grand mother made it. Guess it's one of they ways they did things. My mother was born in 1927 so my grandmother had a lot of old school ways to do things. When you have to provide for your family during the depression you take advantage of everything you can. Surprisingly it is pretty good. Well, if you like boiled eggs. Goes real good on cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes and turkey. We add more turkey later to do a version of SOS.  LOL