News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

What does 50 years of rock'n'roll look like?

Started by Bricktop, November 29, 2016, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

On Sunday night, we went to see a band called The Troggs.

They were formed in 1964, in the UK, and became an integral part of the British popular music explosion.

They were celebrating 50 years as a band (although it should be 52, they didn't have their first recorded hit until 1966).

Now, when I was a young pup, in say, 1967 at the apogee of the teenage driven musical revolution, were someone to suggest we go to a concert to see an act from 1917, I would have thought them mad. Sure, recorded music was a novelty, and radio was just beginning, but the gap between the culture of 1917 and 1967 would be too vast to cross.

Yet here we are in 2016, watching a band of venerable, grey/white haired grandfathers belting out tunes that formed the backdrop of our youth with a gusto. In fact three members were not in the original line-up, because those originals were deceased.

What was more impressive was the audience. Because it was in a licenced premises, there was no-one of an age below 18...at least appearance wise. But there  were certainly 20 year olds right through to...er...more senior attendees. Yet it was wonderful to see the more seasoned and grizzled fans singing, jumping, dancing and waving their arms in joy as robust as the younger folk.

But then it happened.

A blue bra sailed through the air onto the stage, at the feet of the guitarist, himself well within ground zero of 70 years old.

He picked it up, bemused and bewildered. What year was this again? Seeing the funny side, he draped the undergarment on his mike stand, to the cheers of the audience. But it was clear the article had perturbed him, and he played on, ignoring it for the most part.

Until, that is, the obvious owner of the bra moved to the front and displayed its former occupants.

Age and gravity had done her no favours, but what was more intriguing was what was she expecting in return? A roadie to sidle up later and invite her backstage? A nod and a wink indicating that he would see her after the show?

Perhaps she just wanted her bra back.

Most of us nearby wished dearly he would return it. She needed it.

Dontcha love rock and roll?

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YF7IEaJp7I

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oberon"On Sunday night, we went to see a band called The Troggs.

They were formed in 1964, in the UK, and became an integral part of the British popular music explosion.

They were celebrating 50 years as a band (although it should be 52, they didn't have their first recorded hit until 1966).

Now, when I was a young pup, in say, 1967 at the apogee of the teenage driven musical revolution, were someone to suggest we go to a concert to see an act from 1917, I would have thought them mad. Sure, recorded music was a novelty, and radio was just beginning, but the gap between the culture of 1917 and 1967 would be too vast to cross.

Yet here we are in 2016, watching a band of venerable, grey/white haired grandfathers belting out tunes that formed the backdrop of our youth with a gusto. In fact three members were not in the original line-up, because those originals were deceased.

What was more impressive was the audience. Because it was in a licenced premises, there was no-one of an age below 18...at least appearance wise. But there  were certainly 20 year olds right through to...er...more senior attendees. Yet it was wonderful to see the more seasoned and grizzled fans singing, jumping, dancing and waving their arms in joy as robust as the younger folk.

But then it happened.

A blue bra sailed through the air onto the stage, at the feet of the guitarist, himself well within ground zero of 70 years old.

He picked it up, bemused and bewildered. What year was this again? Seeing the funny side, he draped the undergarment on his mike stand, to the cheers of the audience. But it was clear the article had perturbed him, and he played on, ignoring it for the most part.

Until, that is, the obvious owner of the bra moved to the front and displayed its former occupants.

Age and gravity had done her no favours, but what was more intriguing was what was she expecting in return? A roadie to sidle up later and invite her backstage? A nod and a wink indicating that he would see her after the show?

Perhaps she just wanted her bra back.

Most of us nearby wished dearly he would return it. She needed it.

Dontcha love rock and roll?

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YF7IEaJp7I
One night to forget one's age.  ac_drinks

Bricktop

Well, I did until the lady exposed her time ravaged mammaries.

Then I was brought crashing down to earth. Just as well I was leaning on my zimmer frame.

Angry White Male

Women are interesting creatures...

They complain if some dude sends them a PM of their cock as a joke, but have no "boundaries" when it comes to showing tit & ass in public to further their own best interests.

And sadly, women overestimate their desirability...  NOBODY wants to see sagging tits and a stretched out belly from popping out a half-dozen kids, but for some odd reason they still think they are desirable.

GORDY GAMBINO

I sent my wif a pic of my cawk next to a pile of money today
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Angry White Male

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"I sent my wif a pic of my cawk next to a pile of money today

The money makes that pic completely desirable to her!

GORDY GAMBINO

RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

RW

Mel are you stupid to realised there are different types of women?  Some like dick pics.  Some don't.  Some will take their bra off at concerts.  Some won't.  Just because none of us will fuck you doesn't mean we are all the same.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Angry White Male

RW

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/You+pig+_ab450cd9fddbc07f067779d06062aca6.jpg">

:D
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Angry White Male

And why do you have a half-bald pig running around your living room?

What the fuck?

Angry White Male

Either way, it seems things are done differently in Trail...

Nonetheless, those fingers are quite flawless.  I would like to use them for business purposes...

Angry White Male

If RW "let loose," and decided that family life wasn't for her, here is what Ace would provide:

http://i63.tinypic.com/oiexae.jpg">