The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

22 Push ups in...whatever

Started by Bricktop, December 04, 2016, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

!

Angry White Male

Come up with the rest later...

Anonymous

Thank you Mel, very nice..

Anyone who hasn't posted their 22 yet, you'd like to nominate?

reel

Fun thread.

Skinz, 10 and 11 contradict each other. Kind of contradict 22 as well. Just sayin. I find it funny that I relate so well to you, but we have virtually nothing in common. Except losing something to fire for silly reasons and liking hats.

I wish I'd kept a copy of my Harry Canary poem. I remember being particularly proud of it.

RW

Where would it have gone?

Do your 22 reel!
Beware of Gaslighters!

reel

I don't remember. I think it might just have been a pm.

Ok, I will.

RW

Quote from: "reel"I don't remember. I think it might just have been a pm.

Ok, I will.

I lost my Oscar poem about Urbanites. :( That one was awesome.
Beware of Gaslighters!

reel

1. I grew up wanting to be a writer, but changed my mind in high school and became an engineer. Probably because it was safe. I also probably regret that, but refuse to admit it to myself.

2. I was born in Richmond and grew up there. I've lived in the Vancouver area my whole life except for a brief stint in Ulsan, Korea and two years in rural France.

3. I'm vice president of a mid sized engineering firm and managing director of an electrical integration company. I'm planning to retire within 12 years, before I hit 50, but have some work to do before then.

4. I'm two weeks older than RW.

5. I used to play a lot of sports; soccer, volleyball, field hockey, skiing, running, long jump... but tore my ACL playing soccer, had it misdiagnosed for 12 years, and have wound up with permanent problems with it that have pretty much kept me out of any sports.

6. I love gardening and am a budding permaculturalist. I'm getting kind of preachy about the permaculture thing.

7. I travel a lot, but don't really like it. When I filled out my application for a Nexus card and had to answer the countries I'd been to in the past five years, I gave up at 31. I don't think I got them all.

8. I make hats.

9. I'm happily married and have two kids. They are the most important thing in my life.

10. I learned to play the piano, saxophone, and guitar, but didn't keep up with any of them long term.

11. I stole a highlighter from a kid in my 4th grade class and then lied about it. He was a little kid that got bullied a lot. I still feel guilty about it and haven't stolen anything since, though I've lied a few times. I apologised to him when I saw him 20 years later. He still remembered it.

12. When I was in highschool, I designed and built a potato gun for a group of friends. When I was testing the igniter, glue fumes that had collected in the chamber ignited and blasted me in the face, singing my nose, eyelashes and eyebrows. No permanent aesthetic damage, but I now have a very limited sense of smell.

13. I'm a vegetarian and a lazy environmentalist.

14. I nearly drowned kayak surfing in Tofino. I panicked when everything started going grey around the edges, gave one last good thrash, and freed myself. I'd inhaled a lot of seawater. I learned absolutely nothing from the experience.

15. I had a test marriage when I was young and stupid. It lasted a year. I learned a lot from that.

16. One time, a friend, my brother and I decided to have a rousing game of fire tennis when we were home on a snow day. It ended with most of our yard in flames. Have you ever seen snow burn? I have.

17. I'm relatively apolitical and generally avoid political discourse other than to make smart ass remarks. Most people assume I'm a left leaning progressive, I suppose due to the environmentalist tendencies, but I've never really been sure why.

18. I have a 1972 MG Midget in my garage waiting for me to get it running again.

19. I grew up Anglican and have an uncle who was a bishop, but decided religion wasn't of interest to me at around 9 or 10 years old. I had another three years of Sunday church services to contend with, which taught me a lot of patience.

20. I always regarded myself as thoughtful, empathetic, and friendly, but when I finally did a personality evaluation, it told me I'm an authoritative, compassionless, decision maker. It then occurred to me that I rarely remember people's names the first few times we've met, I've never called anyone on their birthday unless prompted to do so, and though I weigh decisions carefully, woe to anyone who questions me after I've made up my mind. I remain undecided as to who I am.

21. I like rain.

22. I'm eternally curious.

Anonymous

RW

1972 MG Midget = retirement project!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blurt

I want to add a #23 for myself:

23. In a thrift shop, I once found an intact slipcase booklet of Canada Post First Issue stamps celebrating Canada's seafaring vessels, got in touch with Reel, who gave me his address, so that I could send it to him.

He's been admiring them ever since.  :thumbup:
Aimin\' to misbehave.

reel

Quote from: "Blurt"I want to add a #23 for myself:

23. In a thrift shop, I once found an intact slipcase booklet of Canada Post First Issue stamps celebrating Canada's seafaring vessels, got in touch with Reel, who gave me his address, so that I could send it to him.

He's been admiring them ever since.  :thumbup:

Indeed. The booklet sits on my desk with the Blurt note tucked into the back cover.

Did you notice that it also came with a booklet of Canadian "Flying boats" in the back? That should have gone to Oscar.

Anonymous

That's wonderful Blurt and reel.

ac_smile

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

reel

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It's romantic!

Lol. Isn't it just?