The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

22 Push ups in...whatever

Started by Bricktop, December 04, 2016, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"It's romantic!

Lol. Isn't it just?

:beurk:

Anonymous

QuoteI'm getting kind of preachy about the permaculture thing.

The religion of spoiled people in the West.

Blurt

Quote from: "reel"Did you notice that it also came with a booklet of Canadian "Flying boats" in the back? That should have gone to Oscar.

Yep, the thought had crossed my mind. But Oscar has never replied to any of my PMs (I think I sent him two or three over the years) so I nixed the idea.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

reel

Quote from: "Herman"The religion of spoiled people in the West.

Of all the things to be a petulant cynic about, growing food from perennial plants seems like an odd one.

To be honest, I can't make much sense of your comment since it's not a religion, it's not terribly common here (much more common in central/eastern US, central and south America and Australia) and it involves a fair bit of sacrifice and hard work - thus not terribly appealing to spoiled people.

Were you trying to infer that I'm spoiled and this was the best you could muster or is this some sort of professional insecurity because you're a farmer?

reel

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "reel"Did you notice that it also came with a booklet of Canadian "Flying boats" in the back? That should have gone to Oscar.

Yep, the thought had crossed my mind. But Oscar has never replied to any of my PMs (I think I sent him two or three over the years) so I nixed the idea.

I think he's answered me on occasion. mostly with cuss words and suspicion.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "reel"Skinz, 10 and 11 contradict each other. Kind of contradict 22 as well. Just sayin. I find it funny that I relate so well to you, but we have virtually nothing in common. Except losing something to fire for silly reasons and liking hats.

not really.... its just like 'clothing'.... i find clothing to be uncomfortable and restrictive.... but its a necessary part of being civilized and living in a society.... same as ppl. they are a necessary inconvenience.... and just like clothing, i have 'favorite ppl' as well.... i worry about them, care for them and enjoy them.... its not a contradiction.... just a matter of perception....

btw - cool list....

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"
Quote from: "Herman"The religion of spoiled people in the West.

Of all the things to be a petulant cynic about, growing food from perennial plants seems like an odd one.

To be honest, I can't make much sense of your comment since it's not a religion, it's not terribly common here (much more common in central/eastern US, central and south America and Australia) and it involves a fair bit of sacrifice and hard work - thus not terribly appealing to spoiled people.

Were you trying to infer that I'm spoiled and this was the best you could muster or is this some sort of professional insecurity because you're a farmer?

In the 1930s one American farmer produced enough agricultural product to feed a total of four people; a family farm was literally meant to feed a family. Fast forward 40 years, and that number rises from four people to 73. Fast forward through 80 years of agricultural and bioscience innovation, and in the 2010s, one farmer produces enough food to feed 155 people.

Your fave type of ag is a hobby at best in a world with 7.5 billion people and growing.

RW

You prairie folk are fucking weird.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"You prairie folk are fucking weird.

Pragmatic is the word, PRAGMATIC!!

reel

Of course it is a hobby my dear Shen. A pragmatic one given that it costs very little and yields tasty nuts and berries.

I didn't say I was a farmer or claim that permaculture was a form of agriculture. But in my opinion, it beats paving over the lawn with synthetic turf.

Anonymous

I was busting your balls reel. I'm only a hobby farmer myself. But I am trying my best to get it to pay the bills.

@realAzhyaAryola

I nearly posted 22 yesterday but I keep editing it.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I nearly posted 22 yesterday but I keep editing it.

I look forward to your twenty two Azhya.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Go for it AA.

Anonymous

An unedited version is acceptable.