News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

As 2016 draws to a close, my predictions for 2017.

Started by Bricktop, December 13, 2016, 04:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Trumps first year will see turmoil and dissent in the US, but their economy will surge.

Australia will have another PM, when the incumbent is dumped by his own party.

ISIS will concentrate in Syria.

Climate change will be rebuked as a leftist program of wealth distribution, and the various "accords" such as Paris 21 will be abandoned by the West.

Other European nations will leave the EU, heralding its final demise as anything but an economic bloc.

Right wing governments will sweep through Europe.

Muslims will be re-patriated from many western countries.

There will be a major muslim terrorist attack in France.

NK will detonate another nuke.

Cuba will renounce Communism.

Angry White Male

I wouldn't bet money on it, but I will agree that some items on the list are a real possibility...

Anonymous

Interesting list Oberon..

I predict the first phase of our provincial carbon tax that is effective as of January 1 will be painful for all Albertans and will not do what is it is supposed to and stop the climate from changing.

Angry White Male

It's just another tax...

And we know where the dollars go...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"It's just another tax...

And we know where the dollars go...

It won't stop climate change, I know that.

Angry White Male

Well, it's simply a way to "re-direct" funds...

Makes it sound nice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Well, it's simply a way to "re-direct" funds...

Makes it sound nice.

Probably, or just a socially acceptable way of getting more revenue.

Angry White Male

People on welfare need to live and eat also, right?

Aryan

Quote from: "Oberon"

They should move in with RW, she would probably welcome the 'enrichment'.

RW

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "Oberon"

They should move in with RW, she would probably welcome the 'enrichment'.

Hey, I have 3200 sq ft house.  If they do laundry, they're welcome to live in the basement.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Aryan

I think the noise they make during prayer time several times a day would start to piss you off after a while.

RW

Quote from: "SCOUSE"I think the noise they make during prayer time several times a day would start to piss you off after a while.

I have two 11 year olds.  You think I haven't learned how to tune out annoying sounds already?
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

Quote from: "Oberon"Trumps first year will see turmoil and dissent in the US, but their economy will surge.

...and how will the US economy 'surge', Leopardsocks?

By piling on deficit upon deficit, year after year, for as far as the eye can see?

Yeah, I agree, there will be a bump, but it will all be fake growth, no different from the artificial Leftist stimulus programs of the Obama administration.

It'll be the equivalent of running up a massive credit card bill. It'll all look great until the bill comes due.

Massive tax breaks for the top 1% of the US population? Hmm, sounds like a recipe for a huge concentration of wealth for them and a destruction of the middle class.

A true reformer would raise the tax rates on the 1%.

Romero

http://images.dailykos.com/images/338482/story_image/yeartofear915.png?1481600232">

Bricktop

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Oberon"Trumps first year will see turmoil and dissent in the US, but their economy will surge.

...and how will the US economy 'surge', Leopardsocks?

By piling on deficit upon deficit, year after year, for as far as the eye can see?

Yeah, I agree, there will be a bump, but it will all be fake growth, no different from the artificial Leftist stimulus programs of the Obama administration.

It'll be the equivalent of running up a massive credit card bill. It'll all look great until the bill comes due.

Massive tax breaks for the top 1% of the US population? Hmm, sounds like a recipe for a huge concentration of wealth for them and a destruction of the middle class.

A true reformer would raise the tax rates on the 1%.

I don't doubt what you say, Joe.

But I am merely the prophet...not the master.