Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Engine repair bill on work truck...

Started by Angry White Male, December 15, 2016, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

...could reach $8,000.  They always have me approve repairs, and now it's up to this.

THIS, my friends, is why you don't want to own a Diesel, unless you can make money with it.

Angry White Male

If it goes much higher, they may as well just do a complete in-frame rebuild, and be done with it...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"...could reach $8,000.  They always have me approve repairs, and now it's up to this.

THIS, my friends, is why you don't want to own a Diesel, unless you can make money with it.

What kind of truck is it Mel?

Angry White Male

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Kenworth W900B tandem axle dump truck.

I thought you meant a diesel pickup truck.

ac_blush

Berry Sweet

Guy always make things sound bigger than they actually are Fashy.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I thought you meant a diesel pickup truck.

ac_blush

Nope!

I'm a big boy now...

Berry Sweet

JOE

......Hey S'Mel! Why don't you ditch the truck, buy yourself a stretch limo instead?

I'll even drive it on occasion if need be.

I'll take the jobs you don't want - like driving around a group of drunk single moms on a Saturday Night.

I know them types bring back bad memories for you. There sure seems ta be a lot of them roaming around the Surrey/Whalley/Langley area, eh S'Mel?

Quote from: "Angry White Male"...could reach $8,000.  They always have me approve repairs, and now it's up to this.

Berry Sweet

Its a company truck Mel...its no worry for you.  You dont need to make things look bigger than they seem.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Its a company truck Mel...its no worry for you.  You dont need to make things look bigger than they seem.

It is a company truck.  The company that I own.  I am an employee, as it's a Limited company, but I'm also the owner.  (If you need me to clarify why I'm an employee of my own company, I can explain to you what a "Limited" company is.  As you have never worked a day in your life, I don't expect you to know much about this).

So yes, it is a worry for me when I have potential repairs approaching ten grand.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "JOE"......Hey S'Mel! Why don't you ditch the truck, buy yourself a stretch limo instead?

You know, I checked the governed minimum rates for limo work in BC, and they aren't that bad!

A guy could make money with a limo!  The issue would be steadiness of work...  I'm guessing most limo work would be of fairly short fare duration.

I don't have such issues, as I won't bill out for less than four hours, and usually get around a full day of work on my call-outs.

Not sure how much a limo would bill for customer time in the average day...  You would probably know though...  How much would be customer billed time in, say, a 12 hour period?

Berry Sweet

Yes s'mel...keep telling yourself that.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yes s'mel...keep telling yourself that.

I will!

I tell myself that every time I have to handle something that I never did have to do as simply an employee for someone else!

Angry White Male

Wanna see the business licence hanging off my fridge?  I have to display it in a "prominent location," even though people don't come to my condo to conduct business...

I can show you multiple accordian boxes filled with shit...  Some that I have to keep for years, by law.