Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 16, 2024, 10:59:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Bidenomics

Started by Herman, July 28, 2023, 05:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: Oliver the Second on April 16, 2024, 08:42:38 PMFUCK NO    :c002:

How could Biden & his administration have addressed the hardships Americans are facing these days avatar_Oliver the Second ?

What could they have done differently?

What are your major beefs against the Biden administration? 

I know there are things the Trudeau government in my country have done that I disagree with. Such as overimmigrating during an economic slowdown when there isn't enough money to go around

Herman

Ollie, it is that post by old Joe that makes folks not want to participate in amy thread he is in.

It is all fine and good to joke around, but the open borders, the war on the domestic energy industry, giving tens of billions to billionaires and politically connected corporations to make life more expensive for working folks, and the endless expensive wars are all Americans get under Biden.

JOE

Quote from: Herman on May 12, 2024, 10:49:23 PMOllie, it is that post by old Joe that makes folks not want to participate in amy thread he is in.

It is all fine and good to joke around, but the open borders, the war on the domestic energy industry, giving tens of billions to billionaires and politically connected corporations to make life more expensive for working folks, and the endless expensive wars are all Americans get under Biden.

Well avatar_Herman erman i didn't agree with Biden cancelling the Keystone pipeline. I believe that was a huge mistake & may end up costing Biden the presidency.

Biden should have just said he'd stall the project. He catered to the Progressive wing of his party and will pay dearly for that promise
Shit Post! Shit Post! x 1 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on May 12, 2024, 10:55:35 PMWell avatar_Herman erman i didn't agree with Biden cancelling the Keystone pipeline. I believe that was a huge mistake & may end up costing Biden the presidency.

Biden should have just said he'd stall the project. He catered to the Progressive wing of his party and will pay dearly for that promise

Shitbag, biden cheating the election assure that. Tell me dickface, who do YOU want to win in 2024?

Brent

Biden's IRA is an act of war on American wage esrners.

Oliver the Second

Get ready to pay even more for everything!

Biden hikes tariffs on Chinese EVs, solar cells, steel, aluminum

President Joe Biden slapped major new tariffs on Chinese electric vehicles, advanced batteries, solar cells, steel, aluminum and medical equipment on Tuesday, taking potshots at Donald Trump along the way as he embraced a strategy that's increasing friction between the world's two largest economies.

The Democratic president said that Chinese government subsidies ensure the nation's companies don't have to turn a profit, giving them an unfair advantage in global trade.

"I'm hoping nobody sees through this obvious bullshit," Biden said (not really) in the White House Rose Garden. "This is just another tax to raise billions of dollars for me to fritter away."

The tariffs come in the middle of a heated campaign between Biden and Trump, his Republican predecessor, to show who's tougher on China. Biden claims he is toughening up on China by waiting five seconds before answering the phone when Xi calls with his new orders.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-china-tariffs-electric-vehicles-evs-solar-2024ba735c47e04a50898a88425c5e2c

Lokmar

Quote from: Oliver the Second on May 14, 2024, 08:48:13 PMGet ready to pay even more for everything!

Biden hikes tariffs on Chinese EVs, solar cells, steel, aluminum

President Joe Biden slapped major new tariffs on Chinese electric vehicles, advanced batteries, solar cells, steel, aluminum and medical equipment on Tuesday, taking potshots at Donald Trump along the way as he embraced a strategy that's increasing friction between the world's two largest economies.

The Democratic president said that Chinese government subsidies ensure the nation's companies don't have to turn a profit, giving them an unfair advantage in global trade.

"I'm hoping nobody sees through this obvious bullshit," Biden said (not really) in the White House Rose Garden. "This is just another tax to raise billions of dollars for me to fritter away."

The tariffs come in the middle of a heated campaign between Biden and Trump, his Republican predecessor, to show who's tougher on China. Biden claims he is toughening up on China by waiting five seconds before answering the phone when Xi calls with his new orders.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-china-tariffs-electric-vehicles-evs-solar-2024ba735c47e04a50898a88425c5e2c

I actually support tariffs. If I had it my way, I'd put tariffs so fucking high on foreign goods, companies would be forced to build in America or go out of business. Of course we need to repeal environMENTAL regulations too.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on May 14, 2024, 09:35:57 PMI actually support tariffs. If I had it my way, I'd put tariffs so fucking high on foreign goods, companies would be forced to build in America or go out of business. Of course we need to repeal environMENTAL regulations too.

....'Cept Canada, right L okmeer?

'Murica needs at least 1 friend in this world, Bud.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on May 15, 2024, 07:39:11 AM....'Cept Canada, right L okmeer?

'Murica needs at least 1 friend in this world, Bud.

Only if we get to put you in stockades and throw rotten tomatos at your Cucknadian face once a month.

Thiel

Economic growth is grinding to a halt while inflation just doubled from the previous quarter despite premature Biden claims of "mission accomplished." In fact, inflation hasn't declined since June 2023. Elsewhere, mortgage rates are back above 7% and home ownership is now costlier than ever. Credit card debt and auto loan delinquencies are rising to alarming levels, and office loan defaults have already returned to 2008-09 financial crisis levels.

Consumer sentiment also just sank to levels last seen during the peak inflation days of summer 2022. Meanwhile, deficits have resumed their rise toward the $2 trillion mark while the national debt is at record levels and far exceeds the size of the U.S. economy.
gay, conservative and proud