Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Millennials Having Less Sex

Started by Anonymous, July 10, 2016, 12:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Well I'm not terribly surprised because many if not most have no social skills. They hide behind their iPads and iPhones all the time as if it's a rite of passage and their privilege to shut the world out. Some examples - many in the uk were disappointed by the brexit result even tho just 35% of the lazy sots came out to vote while 80% of their parents generation did. Another example, many were disappointed by the 2013 bc election result thinking they could vote via their iPhones rather than casting a physical paper ballot at a physically real structure called a voting booth. Never mind something as physical as sex, many are out of touch with the real world. So when reality hits them it's like a brick thrown in their face.

Quote from: "Shen Li"According to this, I am part of this demographic, but I was never too lazy to work or to get laid.
QuoteIt is a cliche of sex and sexuality that each new generation shocks the last. Since time im memoriam society has been constantly becoming more liberal, having more sex, with more people and in more outlandish ways; leaving the generation above clutching its pearls and expressing horror at the debauched youth they have raised.

Edwardians shocked their Victorian parents with open marriages. Then they became scandalised themselves by their own children who became the first generation in the fifties to make the contraceptive pill mainstream. Then the mid-century enfant terribles later became parents themselves and were shocked by LGBT identities in the 1980s and 1990s.

Millennials, however, are reversing this trend as one of the first generations on record to actually be having less sex than their parents did at the same age.

Millennials, or Generation Y, are the generation which reached young adulthood around the year 2000. A number of characteristics mark them out: They are saddled with student debt, they came of working age amid a crashing world economy and they use the internet with greater intensity than any other age group. Another characteristic which is increasingly defining them however, is this- they aren't really having much sex.

A recent US Government study found that just 44 per cent of teenage girls have had sex, compared to 58 per cent 25 years ago. For boys, a similar pattern emerged, with 47 per cent having had sex, compared to 69 per cent among their parents when they were at the same age.

In another study, Dr Jean Twenge from San Diego State University and author of 'Generation Me' which examines millennial culture, found that millenials are not only less likely to have had sex, but have fewer sexual partners than their parents' generation at the same age.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/relationships/why-millennials-stopped-having-sex/ar-BBu2yKT?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout">http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/rela ... ailsignout">http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/relationships/why-millennials-stopped-having-sex/ar-BBu2yKT?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout

keeper

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"I don't know if my son is part of that generation or the one after. But I do know he gets lots of action.

Why do you know that?

Since he was in high school, there has a been a steady flow of girls leaving my place in the morning. The ex tells me it was the same thing at her house.

You were letting girls stay the night with him, in your home, when he was in HS? ac_wot

He did what he wanted to do when he wanted to do it. I was the same at that age. I was better at getting girls out in the morning without my mom knowing about it.

I was caught ONCE, My father said ONE more time GET OUT!! and he wasnt kidding. :oeudC:

No Bloody way he would allow that under his roof, His house His Rules. PERIOD!

Angry White Male

Was that when you lost your legs?

JOE

The landscape is littered with guys (and their offspring) who knocked some girl up. Then they owe and owe and owe 'til death do them part. Have at least 3 friends stuck in that situation. Hopefully your son doesn't learn his lesson too late.Maybe you should've taught him the 'R' for responsibility.

Anywas Herm, here's a tune for ya:

Perhaps it'll make you think about the lesson ya didn't teach yer son.

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"I don't know if my son is part of that generation or the one after. But I do know he gets lots of action.

Why do you know that?

Since he was in high school, there has a been a steady flow of girls leaving my place in the morning. The ex tells me it was the same thing at her house.

You were letting girls stay the night with him, in your home, when he was in HS? ac_wot

He did what he wanted to do when he wanted to do it. I was the same at that age. I was better at getting girls out in the morning without my mom knowing about it.

kiebers

Quote from: "JOE"The landscape is littered with guys (and their offspring) who knocked some girl up. Then they owe and owe and owe 'til death do them part. Have at least 3 friends stuck in that situation. Hopefully your son doesn't learn his lesson too late. Maybe you should've taught him the 'R' for responsibility.

Want to try a couple of yes or no questions J0E?

Are you saying paying to support your child lasts until you die?

Are saying your friends were not taught responsibility?
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

My son is twenty five now and lives with his girlfriend. I would not mind being a grandpappy, but he needs to get some stability first.

Annie

My son and his wife want to have at least 5 kids.  Really? Good thing he has a couple jobs and going to university studying for mechanical engineering.  She's still at home taking care of their first baby but going back to school for her 3rd year nursing degree later.  I hope they take a break from having kids until they have their education down at least.  As it is, it's hectic enough for them. I see a lot of other millennials who are working hard and going for courses to advance themselves. Where's the stats that says they aren't?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"My son and his wife want to have at least 5 kids.  Really? Good thing he has a couple jobs and going to university studying for mechanical engineering.  She's still at home taking care of their first baby but going back to school for her 3rd year nursing degree later.  I hope they take a break from having kids until they have their education down at least.  As it is, it's hectic enough for them. I see a lot of other millennials who are working hard and going for courses to advance themselves. Where's the stats that says they aren't?

Nursing and mechanical engineering are real professions. Someone pursuing an art history degree for example, should not bitch when they cannot find a job that is in their field of study.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Annie"My son and his wife want to have at least 5 kids.  Really? Good thing he has a couple jobs and going to university studying for mechanical engineering.  She's still at home taking care of their first baby but going back to school for her 3rd year nursing degree later.  I hope they take a break from having kids until they have their education down at least.  As it is, it's hectic enough for them. I see a lot of other millennials who are working hard and going for courses to advance themselves. Where's the stats that says they aren't?

Nursing and mechanical engineering are real professions. Someone pursuing an art history degree for example, should not bitch when they cannot find a job that is in their field of study.

Thats like eds...his crappy buiness degree and failed art school attempt and apparently hes a millionaire.... :roll: