The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Mormonism to the EXTREME!

Started by RW, December 21, 2016, 12:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Yeah Right"yes, those are beautiful buildings, :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: but I wonder if you have to put on magic underwear to go in :sad: .

It is like a synagogue that supplies yarmulkes if you don't have one. You reach into a bin and grab your magic drawers. Just make sure you grab a pair from the clean basket  and not the dirty one. :laugh3:

Yeah Right

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Yeah Right"yes, those are beautiful buildings, :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: but I wonder if you have to put on magic underwear to go in :sad: .

It is like a synagogue that supplies yarmulkes if you don't have one. You reach into a bin and grab your magic drawers. Just make sure you grab a pair from the clean basket  and not the dirty one. :laugh3:

:MG_216:

Anonymous

Don't you have to be a Mormon to go inside their temples.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"Don't you have to be a Mormon to go inside their temples.

To access most parts, yes.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

Yeah that's pretty much true.

You have to wear all white temple clothes.  They provide themto you if you don't have your own.  They are VERY white.  Temple garments are the underwear and they look like this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Garment.jpg">

You get them given to you when you're older.  If you are younger, you just wear white underwear.  If you don't have your temple garments, they give them to you to wear.

My husband said they have to be the most bleached garments on the planet.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

To access certain parts, yes.

I do remember that when I visited the temple in Cardston.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

They have a visitor's centre and I think you can access the libraries (with permission?)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

RW wears denim skirts.  Guaranteed...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

They have a visitor's centre and I think you can access the libraries (with permission?)

It's been a while, but yeah there was an area you could enter outside of the temple itself.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "RW"I prefer the Salt Lake City one though:

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/church/temples/salt-lake/images/salt-lake-808x480-SLTEMPLEKIOSK2.jpg">

I love driving into Salt Lake City on Hiway 80. All across Nevada, and Utah. Then you see the Wasash range, Salt Lake City at the base of the range. Beautiful on a clear winter day. A well planned out city as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/church/temples/salt-lake/images/salt-lake-808x480-SLTEMPLEKIOSK2.jpg">

I love driving into Salt Lake City on Hiway 80. All across Nevada, and Utah. Then you see the Wasash range, Salt Lake City at the base of the range. Beautiful on a clear winter day. A well planned out city as well.

I like the state of Utah. The contrasts between the alpine North and desert South.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

I like the state of Utah. The contrasts between the alpine North and desert South.

It offers a lot if you are the outdoorsy type.