Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Something you don't see every day...

Started by Bricktop, December 08, 2018, 09:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Praying Mantis' go through three states of development, and in the final stage they grow in size from quite small to large. During this growth phase, they molt...shedding their smaller exoskeleton for a new, larger one until they reach full size.

This is a mantis molting...the older discarded exoskeleton is white against the new model.

Some mantis' then consume the discarded skin. I suspect this one did, because after the molting finished we could not see the old exterior anywhere.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4858/46237361701_2dd00f9e8d_b.jpg">

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Vancouver

Beautiful shot. Kinda gross they eat their old body.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Praying Mantis' go through three states of development, and in the final stage they grow in size from quite small to large. During this growth phase, they molt...shedding their smaller exoskeleton for a new, larger one until they reach full size.

This is a mantis molting...the older discarded exoskeleton is white against the new model.

Some mantis' then consume the discarded skin. I suspect this one did, because after the molting finished we could not see the old exterior anywhere.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4858/46237361701_2dd00f9e8d_b.jpg">

Very good picture Bricktop.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Berry Sweet

Did you take that shot?

My mom bought me a camera for my 40th.  I'm still learning how to use it.  Miss the days of film and darkroom photography...I actually loved the burning and dodging; creating my own darkroom photo.  Long gone are those days.

The technology on the new camera along with editing on a computer are phenomenal.  Its overwhelming to me.  But I want to learn.  I'm so happy my kid is at more of an independant level so I have more time now for hobbies.

Zetsu

The title of this thread is right for sure, if not it's more like my first time ever seeing this, truly awesome I must say.
Permanently off his rocker

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Zetsu"The title of this thread is right for sure, if not it's more like my first time ever seeing this, truly awesome I must say.

There are many videos videos of kinds of stuff on you tube.  My kid watches this stuff.  She knows all about insect, lizards and by God you name it...I'm actually learning a lot of stuff thru her  lol

When we go to the pet store, she tell me things about specific reptiles, fish and animals.  I didnt realize she had been searching and reading up about all of this for quite a while, (along with environmental issues)  I'm glad my kid uses the internet for good things!

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Zetsu"The title of this thread is right for sure, if not it's more like my first time ever seeing this, truly awesome I must say.

There are many videos videos of kinds of stuff on you tube.  My kid watches this stuff.  She knows all about insect, lizards and by God you name it...I'm actually learning a lot of stuff thru her  lol

When we go to the pet store, she tell me things about specific reptiles, fish and animals.  I didnt realize she had been searching and reading up about all of this for quite a while, (along with environmental issues)  I'm glad my kid uses the internet for good things!

Sounds like LO has a passion for learning, espeically when it comes to earth and nature related, no doubt it's a good sign as sadly most kids these days can only brag how many ppl they've added on facebook or which video games they're good at.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Did you take that shot?

My mom bought me a camera for my 40th.  I'm still learning how to use it.  Miss the days of film and darkroom photography...I actually loved the burning and dodging; creating my own darkroom photo.  Long gone are those days.

The technology on the new camera along with editing on a computer are phenomenal.  Its overwhelming to me.  But I want to learn.  I'm so happy my kid is at more of an independant level so I have more time now for hobbies.

Yes.

Most computerised photo editing programs include dodging and burning functions...in pretty much the same technique as the old darkroom.

You can manually manipulate your photos just like the old days.

What camera did you get?