Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Re: Happy New Years to everyone here.

Started by Angry White Male, December 31, 2016, 02:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Wulf"I think Herman can and should do whatever he thinks is right until told otherwise by the person in charge.

I assume she has a mouth and an opinion on the subject and if what her Korean lap dog says is true, she will take care of it when she gets around to it. Until then, is the posting privileges of known trouble makers so important? Fuck no.

Yeah, best to assume that. What's your rank jar?

Anonymous

Another Christmas and new year has come and gone. The bills are due and I go back  to work tomorrow. I hate January.

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Wulf"I think Herman can and should do whatever he thinks is right until told otherwise by the person in charge.

I assume she has a mouth and an opinion on the subject and if what her Korean lap dog says is true, she will take care of it when she gets around to it. Until then, is the posting privileges of known trouble makers so important? Fuck no.

You think this is the only abuse of mod privileges he's committed lately?

Remove head from ass.

Oh fuck off.

You stormed out of here pouting over being treated like the redheaded step child not all that long ago and now you are back trying to right the wrongs of the oppressive mods? :laugh3: You who installed one of the most complained about mods in the short history of this place.

Why don't you give the drama a rest? You know what I've noticed about you; you're never happy unless you are the center of attention and if that doesn't happen, you look for ways to stir up shit.

I think you need to be reminded that this is not your forum and if the owner doesn't care enough to control her mods then there is nothing you or anyone else can really do about it except leave. You would think that YOU would have learned this by now.

One way or another, for good or for bad, it will all get sorted out in the end. It's just a little dying form of social media at stake here and nothing more.

When I see something wrong, I point it out.  I'm not the type who sits idly by.

I left admining because it was the right thing to do.  My personality wasn't suited for the position so I did the right thing and handed everything to Fash.  I was also very unwell which is why I needed a break. I'm MUCH happier as a regular poster.

If I am to be honest, there isn't a lot of direction or support on the back end.  You know you are fucking up when shit blows up in your face, not because you were given much guidance.  This place needs experienced moderators who share the owner's vision for the board.  That is not Herman by any stretch.

You talk about this being dying social media and I agree.  Forums are a dying breed which is why this board doesn't need some prairie asshole helping it along by abusing members with a mod panel.  And if you think Renee was worse than Herman, you're a much bigger idiot than I ever took you for.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Remove head from ass.

Oh fuck off.

You stormed out of here pouting over being treated like the redheaded step child not all that long ago and now you are back trying to right the wrongs of the oppressive mods? :laugh3: You who installed one of the most complained about mods in the short history of this place.

Why don't you give the drama a rest? You know what I've noticed about you; you're never happy unless you are the center of attention and if that doesn't happen, you look for ways to stir up shit.

I think you need to be reminded that this is not your forum and if the owner doesn't care enough to control her mods then there is nothing you or anyone else can really do about it except leave. You would think that YOU would have learned this by now.

One way or another, for good or for bad, it will all get sorted out in the end. It's just a little dying form of social media at stake here and nothing more.

I left admining because it was the right thing to do.  My personality wasn't suited for the position so I did the right thing and handed everything to Fash.  I was also very unwell which is why I needed a break. I'm MUCH happier as a regular poster.

If I am to be honest, there isn't a lot of direction or support on the back end.  You know you are fucking up when shit blows up in your face, not because you were given much guidance.  This place needs experienced moderators who share the owner's vision for the board.  That is not Herman by any stretch.

You talk about this being dying social media and I agree.  Forums are a dying breed which is why this board doesn't need some prairie asshole helping it along by abusing members with a mod panel.  And if you think Renee was worse than Herman, you're a much bigger idiot than I ever took you for.

I'm not saying she was any worse or better than Herman. Opinions vary but I'm sure some here would probably lean toward a similar appraisal. What I am saying is the same thing many people here have already said; she wasn't moderator material. And since you put her in that position, I think your judgement on this issue is suspect.

I'm also of the opinion that Herman probably takes his heavy handed cues from his predecessor, who by all accounts, had her finger on the ban button a little too often. So if Herman is a monster in your estimation (no pun intended) maybe you need to look where it's originating from. Maybe the fact that mods here are basically green and left to their own devices is the real problem. Herman might have a completely different style if he had been given a proper MOD to emulate.

Anonymous

Quote So if Herman is a monster in your estimation (no pun intended)

Pun accepted Wulf.

:laugh:

RW

Remove head from ass.

Oh fuck off.

I'm not saying she was any worse or better than Herman. Opinions vary but I'm sure some here would probably lean toward a similar appraisal. What I am saying is the same thing many people here have already said; she wasn't moderator material. And since you put her in that position, I think your judgement on this issue is suspect.

I'm also of the opinion that Herman probably takes his heavy handed cues from his predecessor, who by all accounts, had her finger on the ban button a little too often. So if Herman is a monster in your estimation (no pun intended) maybe you need to look where it's originating from. Maybe the fact that mods here are basically green and left to their own devices is the real problem. Herman might have a completely different style if he had been given a proper MOD to emulate.

I suggested her trial but I did not actually make her a moderator IIRC but please, keep bleating on about shit you know nothing about like pretending Herman has had no direction.  He's been told by MANY how to do his job better.  He doesn't give a fuck and has said as much.

Next.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Remove head from ass.

Oh fuck off.

Renee was a good mod. :thumbup:

Wulf

Remove head from ass.

Oh fuck off.

I suggested her trial but I did not actually make her a moderator IIRC but please, keep bleating on about shit you know nothing about like pretending Herman has had no direction.  He's been told by MANY how to do his job better.  He doesn't give a fuck and has said as much.

Next.

So you are going to disavow making her a mod? You are going throw your "friend" under the bus like that? :laugh3: Noice.

I guess distancing your self from the previous shitty mod allows to continue to criticise the current shitty mod. Hey, whatever, at least now I know what you really are.... :negative:

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"Renee was a good mod. :thumbup:

Herman, I have Modded with a lot of different people.

Renee was a terrible Mod, and even she admitted that she didn't have the temperament to do the job properly.

And she didn't.  She couldn't keep her fat fucking fingers OFF of the ban button.  Just like Kreeper couldn't.

Anytime I personally hit the button, I treated it literally like I could cause a war...  I made sure that my actions warranted that action, and I didn't take that lightly...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

Renee was a terrible Mod, and even she admitted that she didn't have the temperament to do the job properly.

And she didn't.  She couldn't keep her fat fucking fingers OFF of the ban button.  Just like Kreeper couldn't.

Anytime I personally hit the button, I treated it literally like I could cause a war...  I made sure that my actions warranted that action, and I didn't take that lightly...

Renee was a stickler about posts being in the right subs, but posters knew where they stood with her.

RW

Wulf, I 100% stand by my recommendation of her as a mod.  I don't think she was a shitty mod and given how little you posted here at the time, I don't know WTF qualifies you to say so.  I would NEVER throw Renee under the bus but I'm a stickler for fact and as I recall, I didn't actually mod her.  You're welcome to ask her about that yourself if you like, you know, before you shoot your fat mouth off in my direction.

I don't need to distance myself from anyone to know editing people's posts, re-defining subforums without direction, merging unrelated posts and banning people for no reason makes for a shitty mod.  Do you disagree?  Come on Wulf.  Rather than digging up shit you know fuck all about, why don't you disagree with the actual premise here.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Renee was a good mod. Not as good as me, but nobody is. :icon_wink:

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

Renee was a good mod. Not as good as me, but nobody is. :icon_wink:

Be thankful I'm not an admin because I'd not only de-mod your ass, I'd ban you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"Wulf, I 100% stand by my recommendation of her as a mod.  I don't think she was a shitty mod and given how little you posted here at the time, I don't know WTF qualifies you to say so.  I would NEVER throw Renee under the bus but I'm a stickler for fact and as I recall, I didn't actually mod her.  You're welcome to ask her about that yourself if you like, you know, before you shoot your fat mouth off in my direction.

I don't need to distance myself from anyone to know editing people's posts, re-defining subforums without direction, merging unrelated posts and banning people for no reason makes for a shitty mod.  Do you disagree?  Come on Wulf.  Rather than digging up shit you know fuck all about, why don't you disagree with the actual premise here.

Okay, you are right, I was not around much when Renee was a MOD. But what qualifies me is that I have eyes and the ability to read. I can only say that the reviews of her performance are mixed. So was she shitty MOD; possibly, maybe, I guess it's all in who you ask.

Also until I can ascertain more info I will take your word for it and believe that it wasn't you that made her a MOD. So that leaves Fash but given Fash's penchant for selecting poor mods, Herman, Munday, etc. That only furthers the case for Renee being a poor choice as a MOD as well.  ac_dunno

Now as for agreeing or disagreeing with premise, what would you have me say? I've already referred to Herman as a "shitty" MOD. I've referred to him as "heavy handed". So what does that leave? Would you like me to recount every panel infraction he is guilty of (and apparently there are many)? But what purpose would that serve? I, you, we, have zero control over the situation beyond crying and whining like little bitches. That's the kind if shit that Mel or Scouse or that idiot Twenty dollars does. Sorry, but I don't play it like that.

As I see it, only one person here has the power to bring this situation to a swift and final conclusion and that person is neither you nor I. And if the forum boss doesn't have the stomach for taking matters in hand OR if she is satisfied with Herman's performance then again, there is nothing we can really do except either live with it or find a new forum.

Aryan

KAM's dog buster could have done a better job moderating this place than she did....

The only people who claim otherwise are those who weren't on the receiving end of her petty vendettas and mood swings.