Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

US and Taiwan Sign Landmark Agreement on Health Cooperation

Started by cc, August 10, 2020, 01:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=375407 time=1597265650 user_id=88
Right. I posted that only to verify Azar's current & official visit in reply to your question

I'm very pleased about the American secretary's official visit..

I'm very happy with the leadership the Trump administration has shown..

Our pm and Joe Biden would never have the courage to do the same.

cc

Thought you would appreciate it .. posted it mainly for your benefit .. although it is major news + speaks well for T

You are correct on JoJo
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=375411 time=1597266215 user_id=88
Thought you would appreciate it .. posted it mainly for your benefit .. although it is major news + speaks well for T

You are correct on JoJo

Taiwan tries so hard, especially with the pan greens in power, to get some international breathing space, only to have China bully every country in the world to block that from happening..

It's refreshing to see a leader who can't be bullied by Beijing.

cc

https://www.theepochtimes.com/taiwan-president-welcomes-growing-support-from-united-states_3459661.html">Taiwan President Welcomes Growing Support From United States

In an pre-recorded address to a Washington think tank Wednesday, Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen laid out a powerful set of plans and principles to guide the future of Taiwan, its role as a leading democracy in the Indo-Pacific region, its relationship with the United States, and its support for the people of Hong Kong.

Tsai also spoke at length about Taiwan's relationship with Mainland China, where a one-party, authoritarian communist government still reigns after nearly 71 years in power.

Growing Relationship With US

In remarks delivered to the Hudson Institute, Tsai said that Taiwan's recent budget for defense represents 2.6 percent of GDP, and she expects that to grow.

But, she added, "as effective as our military is, we cannot stand alone...I am proud that the relationship between Taiwan and the U.S. has never been closer. Across the board, we share a high degree of mutual trust and a common strategic picture of how we can work together to protect and preserve a free and open Indo-Pacific."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I don't know a lot about Taiwan, but there is no logical reason they should be outside the international community.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=375440 time=1597277780 user_id=2015
I don't know a lot about Taiwan, but there is no logical reason they should be outside the international community.

Taiwan is a prosperous democracy that values human rights......if not for China's interference, it would be welcomed into the international community.